Open invite to Eagles Canyon Member days

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:11 AM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Default Open invite to Eagles Canyon Member days

Hey everyone;
I typically do this on forums where I actively post. I'm a member at Eagles Canyon, and am happy to let anyone drive on my membership when I'm up there. Just PM me. If I'm up there, you can drive the track on a private member day. They charge $150/day for guests, all you want to do drive.

Rules:
You need a helmet, good tires, good brakes etc. Corvettes handle the track well, but I really can't emphasis good brake pads and a racing brake fluid enough for big engine guys and GS/Z06 guys. It's just too important and too cheap to skimp. Only think I actually require is you check the torque on your oil pan before going up there. Don't spill oil. It seems to happen all the time.

Absolutely no idiots. If you feel like driving like a moron, you're not welcome. If you want to be a jerk to other people, you're not welcome. If you have an ego, you're not welcome. Almost every time I've seen a collision (never in cars, 3x on bikes), it was a beginner hitting someone experienced. Not happening with my guests.

First time track day goers need to bring someone with experience or, preferably, get an instructor. Instructors aren't that expensive, especially for half a day. You're not going to learn anything out there on your own and instructors cost less than body panels and paint jobs anyway.

If I'm free, I'll happily ride with you, but you're probably going to get your money's worth- maybe even less

If you're in DFW, meet up before for a beer or something. As you can tell, I'm hell bent on not bringing an idiot to the track.

Last edited by village idiot; 06-25-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Bowchickawowow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the open offer...I will have to take you up on that one of these days! I've done HPDE's at HMSR, TWS, and CoTA, but haven't made it to the Dallas area tracks yet. I'll be running Cresson this fall and will be looking to try out Eagles Canyon soon!

Mike
Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Chris S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve B? Hi, it's Chris from TSBA Austin. Recently moved up to DFW, and just bought a Z06 (I've been running in most advanced groups and instructing for years now, so no worries about me crunching up anything). I'd love to come out for a member day sometime, let's catch up soon.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

Village Idiot (love that name LOL!):

Was just out there this past Saturday on a members day (thread here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...n-raceway.html) and going back this Saturday for the 5 Star Ford Track Day.

I love Eagles Canyon, a fun/fast place, albeit a little rough in spots. I'll definitely take you up on your offer sometime soon!

There's a few of us that get together for cigars/beers every Tuesday in Grapevine, two of us have vettes and we dig the road course, so, come awwwn out...usually at Grapevine Lake @ Big Daddy's @ Scott's Landing Marina, sometimes we take the boat out too.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on being a member at ECR. I debate between joining ECR or MSR. Living in Grapevine it sure seems easier to get to ECR.

Get notified of new replies

To Open invite to Eagles Canyon Member days

Quick Reply: Open invite to Eagles Canyon Member days