Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

TEXAS people **Houston area** might be moving within a few weeks.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 11:25 PM
69cvette
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default TEXAS people **Houston area** might be moving within a few weeks.

I've recently got a job opportunity to move to Texas near Houston. the actual job is down near Clute Texas. Do any of you Texan's have any advice or help in getting a lead on a good apartment not too far away from Clute/Freeport area? I know there's some big factories down there that are expanding quite quickly and competition will be tough for apartments, considering its kind of rural. I won't be bringing my C5Z down until I could get a decent garage to put it into. (6 months to a year if I don't find an apartment with garage availability..) I would be new to this whole moving out on my own thing, and would love to get to finally experience the Texas car scene and meet some people! If anyone has any advice of some good areas and if there are any places to steer clear from let me know! I'm not looking to spend say more than $650 a month on rent, and I'm honestly having trouble finding something, I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places but I'd love to avoid a commute longer than 45 minutes to my job, working 12 hour shifts, any longer of a drive would really get old fast. Heck I'm sure buying a house would be easier honestly! haha only reason I'm trying to get a garage is I'm worried about potential flooding and hail storms. plus C5Z's fixed roof coupes tend to have leaking issues in heavy rains and I'd rather not risk it and destroy my 30k mile car.. (it doesn't leak or anything that I have seen but does get moisture on the inside of the windows sometimes, and I can tell the seal above the window where the gasket is has gotten a bit shady looking and it is very hard.)

Last edited by 69cvette; 03-15-2016 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:53 PM
Allzwell
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by 69cvette
I've recently got a job opportunity to move to Texas near Houston. the actual job is down near Clute Texas. Do any of you Texan's have any advice or help in getting a lead on a good apartment not too far away from Clute/Freeport area? I know there's some big factories down there that are expanding quite quickly and competition will be tough for apartments, considering its kind of rural. I won't be bringing my C5Z down until I could get a decent garage to put it into. (6 months to a year if I don't find an apartment with garage availability..) I would be new to this whole moving out on my own thing, and would love to get to finally experience the Texas car scene and meet some people! If anyone has any advice of some good areas and if there are any places to steer clear from let me know! I'm not looking to spend say more than $650 a month on rent, and I'm honestly having trouble finding something, I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places but I'd love to avoid a commute longer than 45 minutes to my job, working 12 hour shifts, any longer of a drive would really get old fast. Heck I'm sure buying a house would be easier honestly! haha only reason I'm trying to get a garage is I'm worried about potential flooding and hail storms. plus C5Z's fixed roof coupes tend to have leaking issues in heavy rains and I'd rather not risk it and destroy my 30k mile car.. (it doesn't leak or anything that I have seen but does get moisture on the inside of the windows sometimes, and I can tell the seal above the window where the gasket is has gotten a bit shady looking and it is very hard.)
Not sure how many responses that you will get from Clute / Freeport area members. I have a few neighbors that work in the Freeport area but prefer the Pearland area.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Premiumspeed
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I don't know the Clute area well, but i've lived in Houston my entire life and work in land development. That said, with your budget you will be living in the lower income apartments of the area which are always 99% rented out. Very hard to find anything decent for less than $800.

There is a mixed bag of development in the Lake Jackson area, i'm sure you will find something if you look around long enough.

If it were me, i'd look in Angleton and just commute a bit. There are probably house/room rentals to search for as well.

Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To TEXAS people **Houston area** might be moving within a few weeks.

Quick Reply: TEXAS people **Houston area** might be moving within a few weeks.