Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Houston Dealer for Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 10:28 PM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Houston Dealer for Service

Got my first vette (and first Chevy) and getting close to my 500 mile service. I bought it out of town so not sure where to take it for the included oil changes? Classic seems to sell the most vettes in the area so I assume they know how to work on them but I'm on the NW side of town so that's a bit of a drive. Anyhow most of the threads regarding service are a year or two old so I'm curious if any dealership has a better rep than others. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:49 PM
Flash_Gordon
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I'm more or less in the same boat, so I'll jump in here as well. Congrats on the new car, by the way.

I just bought my '08 a month ago, and I'm not sure where to take it for eventual servicing. The closest one to me is Robbins Chevrolet in Humble, but I don't know anyone who's actually used them.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:05 AM
jayhawk49
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Houston Dealers

Originally Posted by PeteC7
Got my first vette (and first Chevy) and getting close to my 500 mile service. I bought it out of town so not sure where to take it for the included oil changes? Classic seems to sell the most vettes in the area so I assume they know how to work on them but I'm on the NW side of town so that's a bit of a drive. Anyhow most of the threads regarding service are a year or two old so I'm curious if any dealership has a better rep than others. Thanks.
I also have a new C7 and this is my service results ....
500 mile oil change , took it to Buckalew in Conroe. Felt I would get better service at a smaller dealership. Wrong! Over filled oil and other issues. Will not take it back there.
Recall air bag problem, took it to Munday . This is where I bought it and they did a good job. I would give them a B grade . I'm still looking for a dealership , I think I will try Parkway next time. They are a top 50 Corvette selling dealership.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:17 PM
Patal
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my C6 GS from Classic and live in the Woodlands. I drive the miles to Classic. I had one problem with them (way over filled the tires). The response was immediate and positive. You'd have thought they ruined the tire. The one time I went to another dealer (a bigger one south of Conroe) was for a state inspection. Never got out of the lot. Had a check engine light and a $300 bill. I'd make the drive to Classic or go to one of the highly regarded local Vette shops in the area.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:38 PM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts

I had a friend that bought a ZR1 from Buckalew and he never had good things to say about them. I work in the back of the Woodlands and drive past Parkway on 249 pretty regularly and am leaning between them or driving down to Classic. With Classic being the volume vette dealer in the area I'm thinking it's not a rare occurrence when one shows up in the service department. Once the included free oil changes are used I'm going to do it myself (which I just noticed my ramps and my floor jack are both too high) or take it to an independent shop if its ***** hot in the summer.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:21 AM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

I have used Parkway for oil changes and they swapped hood struts and the like. They use drive on lifts for the oil changes as far as I know. I've not had any issues with them and the service guys/gals are nice enough.

Get notified of new replies

To Houston Dealer for Service

Quick Reply: Houston Dealer for Service