Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

MSR Cresson (DFW) - Track Rental

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 04:27 PM
TXNick
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MSR Cresson (DFW) - Track Rental

Hey everyone, I just registered with the CF, but am not new to it. I am a long time Corvette owner.

A couple Porsche friends and I are going to rent the Motor Sport Ranch - Cresson track (1.7) on Monday June 19, 2017. We are looking to add an additional 5 - 6 cars with us. Is anyone in the DFW region interested in joining us? The goal is to have 1-3 cars on track at a time though the day. Based on 10 cars in the group, the cost looks to be around $575 - $600 for the day per car (this covers the track rental, the required insurance for the track use, and corner worker costs). I am in process of getting the exact costs. Nobody is trying to make money on this... just looking to have fun on the track for a day without having 20 other cars on track at once like in HPDE Events (and make it more affordable).

As of now we have:
C7 Zo6/Zo7
C5 Zo6
Carrera S
Cayman GT4
M3

Is anyone seriously interested?
Old 05-26-2017, 06:46 PM
R_W
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Will this be CW or CCW on Cresson 1.7?

I MAY be able to make this. I am off that day, and the car will still be sitting in track prep condition from the weekend prior at Cresson with TWS. Assuming nothing bad happens that weekend, I may want to join in. Is there a desired experience level? Is there a deadline for signup?
Old 05-26-2017, 09:09 PM
TXNick
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Expierence level: we are not too concerened with that do to having minimal cars on track at any given time. If you are not familiar with the track then you can ride with someone first off to see the track. Or someone can ride with you to help coach you around. We ARE expecting people to use very good judgement with this and a lot of common sense. This is not a day where we are trying to ruin our cars or running a true race. This is all about getting some people together with the same interest and having SAFE fun on the track without the HPDE Event traffic on track. We will have corner workers and plan on bringing a grill for all to use for lunch. We have even discussed having the BBQ place next door bring out some food for us.

We we are going to run the track CCW and CW. Probably will switch it up mid day. most likely, we will start off CCW. If we all are enjoying it enough, we may just leave it alone.

I need to know if you are in ASAP. Please PM me and we can talk more!

Get notified of new replies

To MSR Cresson (DFW) - Track Rental

Quick Reply: MSR Cresson (DFW) - Track Rental