Austin TX COTA Sept 14th - 16th

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Velocity_Vette
Drifting

Received 352 Likes on 294 Posts
Default Austin TX COTA Sept 14th - 16th

Hello Texas owners.

I'm planning on making a driving trip to COTA next Friday and head to the track all day Saturday to watch the WEC Lone Star Le Mans race. It's WEC so there's no 'vettes in any of the classes and with the potential dissolving of the LMP1 class next year this may be my last chance to see the high-end prototypes. Due to scheduling I can't make the F1 United States GP this year and so this is my "consolation prize".

Anyone in the Texas area planning on going? I'm driving from Arkansas and it's a little under an 8 hour drive for me. I love the drive though. It's I-30 to Dallas and then I-35 South; one of the easiest drives ever. I don't plan on parking in the marque-specific corrals as I'll be at the track one day.

I know the whole southern Texas area was besieged by hurricane and have had some close friends in and out of the state to help relatives. How's the gas situation down there around Dallas/Waco/Austin looking? I'm planning on taking my C5 down for the drive but if gas is super crazy I may make an executive decision to come down in the daily crap-tastic econo-box.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:54 PM
Fighta
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity_Vette
Hello Texas owners.

I'm planning on making a driving trip to COTA next Friday and head to the track all day Saturday to watch the WEC Lone Star Le Mans race. It's WEC so there's no 'vettes in any of the classes and with the potential dissolving of the LMP1 class next year this may be my last chance to see the high-end prototypes. Due to scheduling I can't make the F1 United States GP this year and so this is my "consolation prize".

Anyone in the Texas area planning on going? I'm driving from Arkansas and it's a little under an 8 hour drive for me. I love the drive though. It's I-30 to Dallas and then I-35 South; one of the easiest drives ever. I don't plan on parking in the marque-specific corrals as I'll be at the track one day.

I know the whole southern Texas area was besieged by hurricane and have had some close friends in and out of the state to help relatives. How's the gas situation down there around Dallas/Waco/Austin looking? I'm planning on taking my C5 down for the drive but if gas is super crazy I may make an executive decision to come down in the daily crap-tastic econo-box.

I live here in Austin and its roughly $2.80 to $3.00 for 93. Gas is pretty good at a lot of areas but still some spots are out of 93. I go to Costco for my gas or HEBs with gas stations.

Quick Reply: Austin TX COTA Sept 14th - 16th