Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Ceramic Coating -- Houston TX

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 07:17 PM
recentlydivorced
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Ceramic Coating -- Houston TX

Any recommendations for a place for ceramic coating application?

Houston TX Area
Old 03-03-2019, 08:18 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Well if you come over to Jefferson County, I know a great guy that does ceramic coatings on vehicles —a member of our Corvette club just did two of my cars, one my 2014 Corvette, both at a reasonable price. If interested, please pm and I’ll give you his name and number to contact.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:30 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I’m happy with both of my cars that he did the ceramic coating on!

Last edited by AttyVette; 03-03-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Yourconfused
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Is it worth the hype? I have watched a few vids and it was not "all that" from what I saw. Please change my mind.ATX here,

Last edited by Yourconfused; 03-03-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:32 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I can tell you that it is worth all the hype to me anyways!. I have always polished /waxed my cars before but with the ceramic coating it’s so much easier to keep my car looking great. You just wash your vehicle with water and just blow the water off your vehicle! Also, bugs just wipe right off the front of your car with microfiber cloth too. It literally always use to take me hours detailing my car for car shows..I went to one yesterday and I was done cleaning up my car in only 30 minutes for the show. Find someone who has had ceramic coating done to their car and look at it. I think you’ll notice the difference and you will also want it done to your vehicle too.
The following users liked this post:
Yourconfused (03-03-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 10:36 PM
Yourconfused
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by AttyVette
I can tell you that it is worth all the hype to me anyways!. I have always polished /waxed my cars before but with the ceramic coating it’s so much easier to keep my car looking great. You just wash your vehicle with water and just blow the water off your vehicle! Also, bugs just wipe right off the front of your car with microfiber cloth too. It literally always use to take me hours detailing my car for car shows..I went to one yesterday and I was done cleaning up my car in only 30 minutes for the show. Find someone who has had ceramic coating done to their car and look at it. I think you’ll notice the difference and you will also want it done to your vehicle too.

Something I wondered about is having a body wrap, PPF on my car, is that compatible? I have most of my car covered already and not sure it is ceramic coating, or similar, compatible. I did wrap over wrap and it has held thus far but I am not sure how much stick is in the stickers so I don't treat it rough when washing it. I just bought a foam gun for my pressure washer so I am looking forward to using it in 2 days when it gets warmer, below freezing the next 2 nights here, and I need to drive it due to cockpit issues which makes it the only ride to be in for extended amounts of time for me.

Thanks for your input,
Old 03-04-2019, 12:36 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

Will C Coating the wheels help to keep them cleaner?
Old 03-04-2019, 12:43 PM
4*CRUIZN
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Brent Collins / Active Auto Detailing. He has a facebook page with lots of photos of cars he has done. He does paint correction first then applies the ceramic. I have a Black Rose Metallic Grand Sport, and it came out great!
The following users liked this post:
bluemike28 (04-04-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 08:22 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Yourconfused
Something I wondered about is having a body wrap, PPF on my car, is that compatible? I have most of my car covered already and not sure it is ceramic coating, or similar, compatible. I did wrap over wrap and it has held thus far but I am not sure how much stick is in the stickers so I don't treat it rough when washing it. I just bought a foam gun for my pressure washer so I am looking forward to using it in 2 days when it gets warmer, below freezing the next 2 nights here, and I need to drive it due to cockpit issues which makes it the only ride to be in for extended amounts of time for me.

Thanks for your input,
Since I don’t have PPF on my car I can’t speak to that exactly but a member of our Corvette club had it done (after the paint correction was done) then he had his car ceramic coated. He loves it and swears by the ppf and the ceramic coating!
Old 03-04-2019, 08:25 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by orca1946
Will C Coating the wheels help to keep them cleaner?
Yes sir...I just wiped down my chrome wheels with water and they looked great afterwards! It definitely made a difference.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:09 PM
CP
Team Owner

Received 1,125 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by recentlydivorced
Any recommendations for a place for ceramic coating application?

Houston TX Area
Houston's a big place. I used a place in Spring for my Genesis. Where are you?
Old 03-04-2019, 11:18 PM
recentlydivorced
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CP
Houston's a big place. I used a place in Spring for my Genesis. Where are you?
clear lake
Old 03-08-2019, 11:31 AM
B-17/B-25 CC
Burning Brakes

Received 513 Likes on 251 Posts

Tint World in Webster does it according to their website.

Last edited by B-17/B-25 CC; 03-08-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:44 AM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

How much does this cost?
Old 04-02-2019, 02:21 AM
383z
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to Dark Knight Motor Group in League City.
https://www.darkknightmotors.com

Fyi, I live in Clear Lake too. See you around hopefully.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:56 PM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

A buddy sent me a couple people that are on Instagram. Does ceramic coating help or ??

Originally Posted by 383z
Go to Dark Knight Motor Group in League City.
https://www.darkknightmotors.com

Fyi, I live in Clear Lake too. See you around hopefully.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:17 PM
383z
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From personal experience I can't tell you.
I do have a good friend that works in paint and body that believes in it. I asked him about it. He said it's like all things. It's how good the product is, because they have different quality brands and how it is prep and applied.
This would be a good question to post in the "Car Care Discussion" section to hear a lot of d different people's feed back.

I only reconvened Dark Knight, because I've meet the owner a few time here and there and he seams to be a good guy. This is out of out of the automotive environment like car shows he has booths at. His location is also close to you and it looks like he does good work on social media.

Clarity Auto Detailing is another place I would suggest. In their social media they have all kind of high-end cars like McLaren's, Hellcat, etc that they do paint Corrections hand ceramic coating on.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:52 PM
bluemike28
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 4*CRUIZN
Brent Collins / Active Auto Detailing. He has a facebook page with lots of photos of cars he has done. He does paint correction first then applies the ceramic. I have a Black Rose Metallic Grand Sport, and it came out great!
I absolutely second the vote for Brent Collins and Active Auto Detailing. He did my 03 AE and I would have him do it again when it is time. Great reputation and he has been at it for years now. The back story is Brent was an accountant by trade and a gear head by choice. He got off into detail work first on his cars, then his buddies. That led into him leaving his full time Accounting gig to do car details for a living. That was (top of my head) about 5 years ago and he is going strong. Not only is his work on point but his prices are extremely reasonable for the work done. I would have zero concerns recommending him to anyone I know.

Get notified of new replies

To Ceramic Coating -- Houston TX

Quick Reply: Ceramic Coating -- Houston TX