Notices
Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Chicago to Chandler

 
Old 06-22-2019, 10:45 PM
  #1  
blackvetterzo6
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
blackvetterzo6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: DES PLAINES IL
Posts: 3,975
Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Chicago to Chandler

What’s it going to cost me to register my 2010 C6-ZR1 once I move here.’thanks in advance. Of course plates and whatever else.

Last edited by blackvetterzo6; 06-22-2019 at 10:45 PM.
blackvetterzo6 is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 11:09 PM
  #2  
SixAddict
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
SixAddict's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Cave Creek Arizona
Posts: 1,259
Received 225 Likes on 168 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
Default

Keep your plates as long as you can, registration is expensive as they charge on book value of car or some weird percentage thing. My 09 was almost 300 bucks for two years registration. No state inspection though only emissions and that's easy as long as no check engine lights and gas cap works.

You can also ask on our local club site ACE (Arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net) might get more precise answers over there.
SixAddict is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 11:44 PM
  #3  
SingleTrackMinded
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
SingleTrackMinded's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Location: Mesa AZ
Posts: 1,249
Received 356 Likes on 263 Posts
Default

Yep, they are going to get you
SingleTrackMinded is offline  
Old 06-23-2019, 10:56 AM
  #4  
blackvetterzo6
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
blackvetterzo6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: DES PLAINES IL
Posts: 3,975
Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SixAddict View Post
Keep your plates as long as you can, registration is expensive as they charge on book value of car or some weird percentage thing. My 09 was almost 300 bucks for two years registration. No state inspection though only emissions and that's easy as long as no check engine lights and gas cap works.

You can also ask on our local club site ACE (Arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net) might get more precise answers over there.
Thatís not as bad as I thought, I thought it was going to be like 1k. Will keep my Illinois plates as long as possible.....lol
blackvetterzo6 is offline  
Old 06-24-2019, 12:19 PM
  #5  
Rons65
CF Senior Member
 
Rons65's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2002
Location: Scottsdale Arizona
Posts: 960
Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

My 11 ZR1 last registration was $675 (1 year)....that is a renewal so when you get here after a smog inspection you will need to pay title transfer fee on top of that...not much. So you should be ok.

Good luck and welcome to AZ!

Ron

Last edited by Rons65; 06-24-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Rons65 is offline  
Old 06-24-2019, 03:23 PM
  #6  
blackvetterzo6
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
blackvetterzo6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: DES PLAINES IL
Posts: 3,975
Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rons65 View Post
My 11 ZR1 last registration was $675 (1 year)....that is a renewal so when you get here after a smog inspection you will need to pay title transfer fee on top of that...not much. So you should be ok.

Good luck and welcome to AZ!

Ron
Thatís 675 a year , or a 1 time shot in the butt.....lol will have my Illinois plates till end of 2020, so thatís at least ok, I think.
blackvetterzo6 is offline  
Old 06-25-2019, 02:30 PM
  #7  
Unreal
CF Senior Member
 
Unreal's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2007
Location: Gilbert AZ
Posts: 22,375
Received 1,480 Likes on 1,256 Posts
Default

A year, but it drops every year. You can look up the fees. My z06 was $500 first year, and now is down to $180 or so a year. Wife's new audi was $2600 for 2 years, but it drops quickly so that is nice.
Unreal is offline  
Old 06-25-2019, 07:48 PM
  #8  
blackvetterzo6
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
blackvetterzo6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: DES PLAINES IL
Posts: 3,975
Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
A year, but it drops every year. You can look up the fees. My z06 was $500 first year, and now is down to $180 or so a year. Wife's new audi was $2600 for 2 years, but it drops quickly so that is nice.
Thanks, makes my 2010 that more appealing.....lol
blackvetterzo6 is offline  
Old 06-30-2019, 04:10 PM
  #9  
CQRT
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
CQRT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 20,066
Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blackvetterzo6 View Post
Thatís 675 a year , or a 1 time shot in the butt.....lol will have my Illinois plates till end of 2020, so thatís at least ok, I think.
It's a crap shoot since there are so many people from the Midwest visiting, but just FYI, under Arizona law, you have 30 days to register your car here . . . .

I'd guess you'd be fine unless you have some event that puts you with local cops . . . .
CQRT is offline  
Old 07-05-2019, 07:57 PM
  #10  
Alpinestarz07
CF Member
 
Alpinestarz07's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: Phoenix az
Posts: 75
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

If you have AAA you can call a local office and they will give you the charges with a vin number. I did that when I moved from California.
Alpinestarz07 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 05:02 PM
  #11  
GTIMANiac
CF Member
 
GTIMANiac's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2014
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 82
Likes: 0
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default


I paid about 1k to register it for the first year, this was earlier this year for my 2010 ZR1. Next year will be considerably less. They asses it as an impact and ad valorem tax. You won't have to pay the taxes, I bought out of state and had to pay AZ Tax but the rest should be pretty accurate.

Last edited by GTIMANiac; 07-12-2019 at 07:02 PM.
GTIMANiac is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chicago to Chandler


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: