Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Black C5 weaving through traffic on 635 towards Dallas today..?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 02:08 AM
Andi
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just after 12 noon today, I was merging onto eastbound 635 from Macarthur when as I was doing 65, I looked in my mirror and saw a black C5 approaching me doing well over 90mph. Traffic was pretty tightly packed doing ~65mph and you were weaving through it. The motor sounded sweet as you gunned it between the slalom cones, oops I mean cars. It looked lowered and had an aftermarket exhaust, and at least to me didn't sound like the motor was stock but I could be wrong.

Was it anybody here? I tried to chase you to give you a thumbs up and see if you'd want to run when/if the road opened up but unfortunately I was running an errand in the van and the Supra was at home.

Andi

Old 07-20-2001, 02:42 AM
SNKSKNR
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

too bad it wasn't me....

I'll see ya out again one day!!

How's it been going Andi?? Haven't heard from ya in a while....

Old 07-20-2001, 02:44 AM
Andi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SNKSKNR:
[B
too bad it wasn't me....

I'll see ya out again one day!!

How's it been going Andi?? Haven't heard from ya in a while....
[/B][/color]
Hi Brian. I'm doing fine, thanks. Just wish turbo cars didn't feel so damn much slower in the summer.. Heh.

Good to hear from you. How's the LT4 doin? Any new mods or octane? [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Later,
Andi

Old 07-20-2001, 01:06 PM
SNKSKNR
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ya man, heat is not your friend....

I haven't had the time to mess with the old LT4 here lately. Hell, my new ECM and injectors I got back in the winter are still sitting in the box.... Man, I need to get it tuned up a little and take advantage of the hot weather and your turbo!! I'll catch up with ya later Andi!!
Old 07-23-2001, 05:46 PM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

Location: Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.... DFW, TX
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Ah.... Looking for another unsuspecting victim to pick off in your Supra, eh? Hehe... (This from the poor chap you dusted on Southbound I-45 a few weeks ago...)

Do you race AutoX? I know there's one this weekend....
Old 07-23-2001, 06:05 PM
Andi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Umrswimr:
[B
Ah.... Looking for another unsuspecting victim to pick off in your Supra, eh? Hehe... (This from the poor chap you dusted on Southbound I-45 a few weeks ago...)
[/B][/color]
Heh, naah.. The Vette I was talking about in this thread sounded pretty modded.. probably had at least a cam.. it'd've been a good race.

That race on I45 was fun.. We have to do it again after you get some mods.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:[/color]<HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

Do you race AutoX? I know there's one this weekend....
[/color][/QUOTE]

Hmm.. I do ocasionally but I'm not sure I can bring myself to sit in the 100 degree heat for hours and hours waiting for a 90 second run....

I'm still debating whether I'm going to goto the Nasa Tx gig at Texas World Speedway this weekend for the same reason... //www.nasatx.com]www.nasatx.com

Regards,
Andi

Old 07-24-2001, 04:14 PM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

Location: Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.... DFW, TX
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:[/color]<HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">That race on I45 was fun.. We have to do it again after you get some mods..[/color][/QUOTE]

You're on... It'll be a while before I have anything to give you any competition, though... Sigh.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:[/color]<HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I'm still debating whether I'm going to goto the Nasa Tx gig at Texas World Speedway this weekend for the same reason.[/color][/QUOTE]

I think we're headed up to Mineral Wells for our races. Haven't decided if I want to sacrifice my poor runflats to the autoX gods or not...
Old 07-24-2001, 04:18 PM
Andi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Umrswimr:
[B
I think we're headed up to Mineral Wells for our races. Haven't decided if I want to sacrifice my poor runflats to the autoX gods or not... [/B][/color]
I just signed up for the NASA Tx event at Texas World Speedway in College Station this weekend. [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/cool.gif[/img]

Andi

Get notified of new replies

To Black C5 weaving through traffic on 635 towards Dallas today..?

Quick Reply: Black C5 weaving through traffic on 635 towards Dallas today..?