Testing Sig Testing | Image Testing | Post Testing

mest, lest, test

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Default mest, lest, test

Of my current hobbies (Corvettes, guns, hometheater), one of them is taking away from my Corvette mod money lately; but I don't mind.

Just upgraded my HomeTheater system with a new Sony KDF-60WF655 LCD HiDef RPTV. Although I loved my previous 56" RPTV (TW56X81) - just like in Corvettes - it was just time to upgrade (no logical reason need be given)

Although LCD's suffer in displaying proper black levels, they are superior in other ways... mainly there is no convergence to worry about, and geometry is always perfect.

I ordered a stand by the same mfgr as my equipment rack; but it won't be here until next week. So the new Sony is sitting on a coffee table for a short while:

I am also temporarily using my TOshiba SD-9100 p4ogressive scan DVD player connected via component method; but as soon as SOny releases the newer version of their HDMI DVD player; I will get one.

I just finished the (somewhat temporary) install and took some HDTV screen pics. The camera doesn't capture the quality of the TV picture:

This RPTV has a memory card slot, and can handle JPG, MPG, and MP3 files. Here is a screen shot of the memory card displaying a still photo index:

The PIP is kinda neat, as you can display HiDef material in the window; and you can vary the size of the windows. On the left is HDTV - and on the right is my security camera feed:

I had planned to do a television upgrade later this year - just before pro-football season was to start. Surprisingly during a preliminary talk with my wife about doing this, she gave an instant go-ahead. SO before she changed her mind - I drove very fast to HH Gregg

Last edited by Mike Mercury; 07-03-2005 at 11:20 PM.

Quick Reply: mest, lest, test