Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

AP Engineering Engine ordered!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 02:59 AM
flynbludream
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YELLOHHH
Wow, what a great deal. I can't believe I missed it. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out in the tech section from now on.
If you are still interested, according to the thread on LS1 tech they extended the sale until friday. Hurry!
Old 02-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Chris@AP-Engineering
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Z51R
I went with APE as well, they we're great on the phone and really helped hooking me up with what I needed for my set-up. I was also looking at going big cubes but couldn't swing it this year. Mine should be done this week, I got in on the sale in Dec. Still gotta lot of work ahead of me though.

Eric

Eric, Has the new engine arrived yet??? Looks like you have things pretty well torn apart!! Let us know when you get it in and running.

Also, thanks to everyone that placed orders during this sale, we appreciate your business.

If anyone missed this sale and is wanting a engine, give us a call and we will work something out for you.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2005, 11:27 AM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

can you tell me the cost for a eagle cramk?
Old 04-24-2005, 01:44 PM
VETZILLA
Burning Brakes

Curious who has got their engines so far from the sale
Old 04-24-2005, 07:32 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I am still waiting for mine. It was supposed to have been shipped 2-3 weeks ago and there was a slight mix up. Then I was told it was going to ship on the 15th-18th? I will be calling them tomorrow and I will post an update.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:06 PM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hogurt,

Dont want to scare you, but head over to LS1-tech and look inthe sponsor feedback forum and do some reading. Pretty scarey stuff

Phil
Old 04-24-2005, 08:59 PM
VETZILLA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hogurt
I am still waiting for mine. It was supposed to have been shipped 2-3 weeks ago and there was a slight mix up. Then I was told it was going to ship on the 15th-18th? I will be calling them tomorrow and I will post an update.

I'm planning on being there on Weds for the monthly CCM meeting, tell them you want to have a friend look at the engine that was supposed to ship on the 15th -18th
Old 04-24-2005, 09:54 PM
SS930
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadRebel
hogurt,

Dont want to scare you, but head over to LS1-tech and look inthe sponsor feedback forum and do some reading. Pretty scarey stuff

Phil
I just did some reading over there... Lets just say it sounds like **** has hit the fan!

I hope everything works out okay for all those who have given these guys $$$.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:27 AM
3XBlack6spd
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I didn't look to see what you guys are talking about, but I read a few weeks abck about a few guys that got ther Motors for Free, because they didn't ship out on time!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:27 AM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 3XBlack6spd
I didn't look to see what you guys are talking about, but I read a few weeks abck about a few guys that got ther Motors for Free, because they didn't ship out on time!
Problem is they have recieved no motors,no refunds and a huge run around.

Phil
Old 04-25-2005, 09:19 AM
99Z51R
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor '04

I got my motor about 1 1/2 months ago, running great. Problem with some of these negative post is one guy post hes waiting a week for a "free" engine and everyone jumps on the negative bandwagon. Sounds like a lot of the people bitchin are people that know these guys or had previous issues at past shops and are personel issues, notice some of them are in competition with APE (so why not try and take away some of their business). I did a lot of research before buying and the positive feedback FAR outweighed the negative. And we all know its easier to throw stones than to give a compliment. The sale they had was better than any I have ever seen so I didn't even ask for a delivery date. The heads I ordered from another vendor had a 7 week delay also, but oh well it sometimes goes with the hobby we choose.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:53 PM
VETZILLA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 99Z51R
I got my motor about 1 1/2 months ago, running great. Problem with some of these negative post is one guy post hes waiting a week for a "free" engine and everyone jumps on the negative bandwagon. Sounds like a lot of the people bitchin are people that know these guys or had previous issues at past shops and are personel issues, notice some of them are in competition with APE (so why not try and take away some of their business). I did a lot of research before buying and the positive feedback FAR outweighed the negative. And we all know its easier to throw stones than to give a compliment. The sale they had was better than any I have ever seen so I didn't even ask for a delivery date. The heads I ordered from another vendor had a 7 week delay also, but oh well it sometimes goes with the hobby we choose.

Hope your right and all is o.k.

Just curious did the vendor that you purchased you heads from charge your credit card the full purchase amount before they shipped the heads or at the time of shipment?

Old 04-25-2005, 01:35 PM
flynbludream
Drifting

I received my motor 5 weeks from order date on time. I put down a %50 deposit at the time I ordered my engine and paid the balance when Chris called me to say my engine was ready to ship. I had zero issues with them and based on my experience would highly recommend them.

As far as the bashing going on at LS1tech, it seems odd to me that several of the posts of people with problems are coming from people with 5 posts. Chris apparently has some fued with some guys in Mi and stuff like this is a perfect opportunity to stir some crap.

Chris posted that they bit off more than they could chew on the last shortblock sale. They ended up missing the shipping date on 3 engines. Now from a business standpoint, they should have put a cap on the # of engines for the sale, so I think what happened is that the free engines got put back to the end of the line once the ship date was missed. Maybe the 100% free engine guarantee was a bit too bold, should have been something like 20% off your total for every week the deadline was missed. That way AP isn't taking it in the shorts and the customer would get a significant discount if the delivery date is missed.

I hope everything gets resolved to everyones satisfaction.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:34 PM
hogurt
Drifting

I received an Email from AP Engineering today. They told me Diamond has had a few machines go down and as a result they are waiting for them to deliver pistons.

From what I read on the other forum, it doesn't appear there are too many credible posts? Regardless, I will keep you informed on the progress.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:14 PM
VETZILLA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by flynbludream
I received my motor 5 weeks from order date on time. I put down a %50 deposit at the time I ordered my engine and paid the balance when Chris called me to say my engine was ready to ship. I had zero issues with them and based on my experience would highly recommend them.

As far as the bashing going on at LS1tech, it seems odd to me that several of the posts of people with problems are coming from people with 5 posts. Chris apparently has some fued with some guys in Mi and stuff like this is a perfect opportunity to stir some crap.

Chris posted that they bit off more than they could chew on the last shortblock sale. They ended up missing the shipping date on 3 engines. Now from a business standpoint, they should have put a cap on the # of engines for the sale, so I think what happened is that the free engines got put back to the end of the line once the ship date was missed. Maybe the 100% free engine guarantee was a bit too bold, should have been something like 20% off your total for every week the deadline was missed. That way AP isn't taking it in the shorts and the customer would get a significant discount if the delivery date is missed.

I hope everything gets resolved to everyones satisfaction.

I hope it gets resolved also, APE has had a presence here in MI for quite awhile as a LS1 performance shop. However it concerns me when I hear that someones credit card has been charged the full purchase amount price for a engine BEFORE the pistons are even in the shop. And a E-Mail is sent to the customer that the engine will ship somewhere between the 15th and 18th of the month, its now the 25th and no pistons yet, come on you have to admit this look funny.

Bottom line I don't think its good business to charge someone full price from a product that hasn't been built yet. I think a deposit is reasonable but if I were to have my CC charged and then told I wouldn't get my product for a few weeks after the charge because the parts I paid for in full were not even purchased from the manufacturer I would go completely nuts.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:25 PM
hogurt
Drifting

You are correct about the situation; however, I still think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. I will be the first to let you know how things turn out.

BTW - I told them you would be in for the meeting and you might ask to see my engine. :-)

I just spoke with Nick and he told me he will have an answer within 48 hours. He said he has all the parts and he is just waiting for the pistons. . .last week, Diamond apparently told him he had a 1 week waiting period, but this week they are saying the same thing. If there is truly a problem at Diamond, then it's not fair to bash AP Engineering. Let's just wait and see how this deal turns out.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:32 PM
flynbludream
Drifting

Was this person you? Or are you just going by what you "hear"? I don't know what happened with this other person. I'm just telling you that I have first hand experience and how my transaction went. 50% deposit and balance prior to shipping. I don't think this was unreasonable at all. My motor was a standard forged 347 CID setup.

Maybe APE charges the full amount if the customer wants a custom setup. If I were to have backed out on my engine I'm sure someone would have picked it up fairly quickly. If someone wants 14:1 pistons and a callies crank with C5-R heads, that may not be as easy to unload if the customer backs out. Mike Norris has been trying to sell a custom motor on here for MONTHS now from a customer that backed out.

Either way, I don't put much credibility in any negative posts from someone with 5 total posts and all of them happen to be in a thread bashing APE.

Get notified of new replies

To AP Engineering Engine ordered!!!

Old 04-25-2005, 05:12 PM
VETZILLA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by flynbludream
Was this person you? Or are you just going by what you "hear"? I don't know what happened with this other person. I'm just telling you that I have first hand experience and how my transaction went. 50% deposit and balance prior to shipping. I don't think this was unreasonable at all. My motor was a standard forged 347 CID setup.

Maybe APE charges the full amount if the customer wants a custom setup. If I were to have backed out on my engine I'm sure someone would have picked it up fairly quickly. If someone wants 14:1 pistons and a callies crank with C5-R heads, that may not be as easy to unload if the customer backs out. Mike Norris has been trying to sell a custom motor on here for MONTHS now from a customer that backed out.

Either way, I don't put much credibility in any negative posts from someone with 5 total posts and all of them happen to be in a thread bashing APE.

The motor isn't a custom setup typical forged shortblock, and only a deposit was required balance due when the engine was ready to ship.

I agree that you can't put much credibility in negative posts from one thread but you need to look at the whole picture. Maybe there are posts out there you havn't read or have been deleted.

Like I said before the thing that I questioned was the charge to the CC for the balance due prior to the engine being assembled and ready for shipment. If it were some crazy custom built engine I agree that pre-payment would be a reasonable request but I don't think this applies here.

I think we can all agree that this guy deserves to get the engine he has now paid in full for ASAP.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:13 PM
VETZILLA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hogurt
You are correct about the situation; however, I still think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. I will be the first to let you know how things turn out.

BTW - I told them you would be in for the meeting and you might ask to see my engine. :-)

I just spoke with Nick and he told me he will have an answer within 48 hours. He said he has all the parts and he is just waiting for the pistons. . .last week, Diamond apparently told him he had a 1 week waiting period, but this week they are saying the same thing. If there is truly a problem at Diamond, then it's not fair to bash AP Engineering. Let's just wait and see how this deal turns out.

and FWIW nowhere in this thread do I bash APE.

Last edited by VETZILLA; 04-25-2005 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:50 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Originally Posted by VETZILLA
and FWIW nowhere in this thread do I bash APE.
Sorry. I didn't mean to imply you were bashing them.

BTW - I have paid for the motor in full. However, as someone else indicated, I was contacted by Chris when the "motor was ready to be shipped" and that's when the took the second dispersement. When the motor didn't arrive I contacted them. They admitted the mistake and Nick apologized, "I am so sorry, that's not how we do business, the second payment shouldn't have come out until the motor was shipped".

At this point, Nick is trying to escalate the issue with Diamond to get the pistons in ASAP. His goal is to get my engine out be COB Friday.

I will keep everyone posted, but I have to say, these guys really seem like a first class group of guys. If I don't get my Engine, I will feel differently, but right now, I am holding out hope that everything will turn out ok.

Quick Reply: AP Engineering Engine ordered!!!