Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Please help me. Loud Pedal Motorsports, Inc [Dispute]

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:20 AM
PrestonG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Desertdawg
Jan 1st, to July 21st = about 200 days. (when did you drop it off?)
So they charged you $15 a day for protected storage inside their shop ???
I zero'd my bill with them 5 months ago, when I brought another car to them. That was around May 25th.. The engine builder took from around that date till July 21st to get the engine delivered to them. Back ordered crank, and pistons or something along those lines. They have had the engine since July 21st till today.

They want storage during the time the engine was being built. Around 120 days at $25 per day, after I offered to pull the car from their shop, and they told me I did not need too, that they would not charge me during that period, as long as they were working on the engine.

They contacted to engine builder to verify the engine was really being built, and i also forwarded them every update email from the engine builder during that time.

Last edited by PrestonG; 09-29-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: typo...
Old 09-29-2010, 03:23 AM
3rd_Vette
Drifting

Old 09-29-2010, 04:17 AM
71'AirStrike
Melting Slicks

Isn’t your car the black z06, with a cage, and white advertising stickers on it?

if it is, then please tell the rest of the facts.

you car has been in that shop FOR OVER A YEAR!
not 30 days,
not 60 days,

over 450 days there. With out an engine.
they are waiting on YOU to get one.
they bought a new building and relocated to there last year.
..they had to deal with the hassle of moving your engineless car because you wouldn’t.

I know the owners Dave and Mark personally for over 6 years. Believe me when I say that I have more cause to 'shake an angry stick at them' than you do.
No matter how bad my business deal went south with LPM, I will stand to their defense in this matter.

LPM would not tack on a 'frivolous' charge without merit. I also know that if the owner Dave would not talk to you, its for a damn good reason.

If you are not the owner of the black z06 with a cage and white advertising stickers then please disregard
Old 09-29-2010, 04:22 AM
PrestonG
Instructor

Originally Posted by 71'AirStrike
Isn’t your car the black z06, with a cage, and white advertising stickers on it?

if it is, then please tell the rest of the facts.

you car has been in that shop FOR OVER A YEAR!
not 30 days,
not 60 days,

over 450 days there. With out an engine.
they are waiting on YOU to get one.
they bought a new building and relocated to there last year.
..they had to deal with the hassle of moving your engineless car because you wouldn’t.

I know the owners Dave and Mark personally for over 6 years. Believe me when I say that I have more cause to 'shake an angry stick at them' than you do.
No matter how bad my business deal went south with LPM, I will stand to their defense in this matter.

LPM would not tack on a 'frivolous' charge without merit. I also know that if the owner Dave would not talk to you, its for a damn good reason.

If you are not the owner of the black z06 with a cage and white advertising stickers then please disregard
Not to be petty, but those aren't the facts. Please read my posts more carefully and you will see them.

1. An engine was given to them, and has been installed.
2. My bill with them was paid current and zero'd in may, when the engine was verified being built.
3. They have had this new engine for over 9+ weeks.
4. They want an additional $7000 on top of the money i paid them in may when i zero'd the bill.

If you think $7,000 is fair, then i have nothing more to say.

Also if you think its alright to tell a customer every day for 5 weeks the car will be ready tommorow, without it ever being ready, and suprising them with a huge bill in the end, I really don't know what to say.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,229 Likes on 875 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by PrestonG
Not to be petty, but those aren't the facts. Please read my posts more carefully and you will see them.

2. My bill with them was paid current and zero'd in may, when the engine was verified being built.
4. They want an additional $7000 on top of the money i paid them in may when i zero'd the bill.

Also if you think its alright to tell a customer every day for 5 weeks the car will be ready tommorow, without it ever being ready, and suprising them with a huge bill in the end, I really don't know what to say.
I just noticved something...not to distract from your story but I'm just curious...why do you not have any kind of info in your profile? Just asking
Old 09-29-2010, 07:56 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 283 Likes on 257 Posts

Complex matters seldom have simple answers. I don't know if you have an American Express Card but if you do AND the shop takes the card, then you have an out. Document everything. Tell AMEX your story and dispute the charge....they will take it off your account and after you have your car back, you can negotiate with the shop. Or get an attorney, who specializes in this type of problem "civil lit.".
Old 09-29-2010, 08:00 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

You should have got an estimate in writing for the work to be done. That was your first mistake. Get everything in writing, I don't care how insignificant you think it is.

Pay with your credit card and then dispute the bill. Maybe, your only chance at getting some of your money back.

If your car was there for a year like the above post stated then you need to fess up or state the entire case correctly.

Seems like you paid a lot $$$$ for storage.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:39 AM
71'AirStrike
Melting Slicks

I don’t think you are being petty.
I agree $7k for just an engine install is highway robbery.

but what if its $2k for an engine install AND $4,000 for storage fees for the past 2 years?
(yes boys and girls I think his car has been there THAT long)
you have not confirmed/denied my original question.
How long has your car been at LPM?

Looking at the facts you have posted I too would gather the local town folk with pitchforks and torches.
..but I bet there is a lot more to this story you have not posted.
For example what Exactly was on the latest bill for $7000?
what are the line items are they using to justify so much money?

I understand you are pissed with LPM, you get my sympathy on that, but I know the other players involved and they have never padded (aka ripped off) an install like that before. Ever.

..I mean what shop should would stay in business with a $7,000 install rate on motors?

There is much more to this story..
Old 09-29-2010, 09:47 AM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While I agree there is def 3 sides to every story and things seem odd in this case that's where your wrong. He is a customer that has at least paid some money. No shop that is in possession of a car has any rite to ignore the owner of the car. Nor in any case should a business ignore a customer in any field. If this is such an issue for both parties then it would seem like they would both wanna talk it over and get it done with. Ignoring a customer may be what they deserve but is horrible business.

And I know everyone keeps saying get everything in writing but other then the storage issue, he is saying he did. I just feel we've heard one side, but even hearing the other won't help with this situation.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:05 AM
eudlose
Advanced

I am the owner of Loud Pedal Motorsports.

I will respond to this post in more detail later today after speaking with my attorney, but there is FAR more to this story than Preston is telling you and we were way more than fair with him. Rather than try to work this out with me he feels the best course of action is to launch a slander campaign against my company. Defaming a business with false information could end up costing him much more than a few month's worth of storage fees.

This car was dropped off at our shop almost 2 YEARS ago in a stripped out condition. It wasn't even steerable and we had to move it around on wheel skates. It was nick named "The Flower Pot" because it had been in the shop practically since we opened our doors.

For those curious, yes it is the "Way Too Fast" car that had the red vinyl stickers on the side. Anyone who has ever been to our shop surely has seen it in the corner under an inch of dust and looking like something out of a wrecking yard.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,229 Likes on 875 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by eudlose
I am the owner of Loud Pedal Motorsports.

I will respond to this post in more detail later today after speaking with my attorney, but there is FAR more to this story than Preston is telling you and we were way more than fair with him. Rather than try to work this out with me he feels the best course of action is to launch a slander campaign against my company. Defaming a business with false information could end up costing him much more than a few month's worth of storage fees.

This car was dropped off at our shop almost 2 YEARS ago in a stripped out condition. It wasn't even steerable and we had to move it around on wheel skates. It was nick named "The Flower Pot" because it had been in the shop practically since we opened our doors.

For those curious, yes it is the "Way Too Fast" car that had the red vinyl stickers on the side. Anyone who has ever been to our shop surely has seen it in the corner under an inch of dust and looking like something out of a wrecking yard.
:o:o:o...wow...I knew there should be another side to this story...he had us whitewashed..... Preston never mentioned it was there 2 years ago ...sounds like you have a good case of slander against him so far......I'm sure we all would like to hear the rest of the story

Last edited by Yello95; 09-29-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:27 AM
rebelheart
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Something did smell fishy about his whole story!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
AZhitman
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd charge you more than that just for making me look at that POS for that long... That car needed a HELL of a lot more than a simple engine R&R.

You should spend some time reading up on Arizona's statutes, specifically those pertaining to when a shop owner can't reach a customer and a bill is unpaid.

You're lucky they didn't file for an abandoned title - I'm guessing the only reason they didn't is because they knew they couldn't sell it as a "parts car".

As a forum owner, I'm always astounded when people fail to accept responsibility for their half of the story, and expect "the mob" to automatically side with them.

Smells to me like someone got in WAY over their head, trying to be "way too fast" (LOL) and when the bills started coming due, panic ensued.

Sorry, dude - You really stepped in it this time.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:11 AM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

Guys i have spent $15,000.00 in the last 2 years with this shop in building my C5 that i recently sold. The car was at the old LPM shop that was dating back 2 years now. The car came to them in shambles and lots of missing pieces that Preston removed from the car.

Lpm has been wheeling this car around for 2 years and for the life of me why they didn't drop a mechanic lien and get a title is beyond me. The guy shows up one day (2years later) and expects a shop that has regular paying customers to put their cars on hold for someone that decides that they want their car done now after abandoning it for 2 years?

Facts:
car at LPM 2years
Dave took care and didn't go legal to take possesion of the car
LPM had to tow it to it's new shop vs calling customer to do so.
Car stored inside and cleaned on a regular basis
It does not take 2 years to find an engine builder in AZ for any car there just aren't that many qualified LS7 builders here.

This to me is nothing more of a case of an owner who must have had money woes and felt he had the right to dump his headache on a shop that bent over backwards to help him out.

Preston we all know the story on your car and it's no secret that it's been there for 2 years we have all seen it!!!!!

Face the facts you screwed up and now want to run to the forum to try and bad mouth the only Corvette shop in town i would let touch my new Z06 and the only shop with an owner who cares?

I will have no issue standing by LPM and back them on this one!!!

And Dave does not need Preston's car for his own gain as he has a beautiful fleet of his own hot rods! Time to face the crowd dude and admit your wrong! Maybe then you can get some dignity back and LPM might talk to you!!!

My father owned a towing business in Chicago and for outdoor stoage we got $40.00 a day so your getting off cheap!

Last edited by azZ06Mike; 09-29-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:21 AM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Yello95
:o:o:o...wow...I knew there should be another side to this story...he had us whitewashed..... Preston never mentioned it was there 2 years ago ...sounds like you have a good case of libel against him so far......I'm sure we all would like to hear the rest of the story
I'm surprised this thread is still open.

Pics of car?

Last edited by Kale; 09-29-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:23 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 637 Likes on 444 Posts

I went to an open house at Loud Pedal Motorsports when they first moved to their new location back in February this year and saw the engineless black C6 Z06 in question.
When I inquired as to what the deal was with that car LPM stated that the car had been in their other shop for quite a long time in the same condition, so it's been engineless for AT LEAST 7 months that I know of.

I don't know the owner of the car or the car's history , so I can't pass judgement.
What I DO know is the owner of LPM is a stand-up guy and the car in question has been sitting for quite some time in the LPM garage.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:29 AM
AZhitman
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL @ thread title:

Please help me.

Get notified of new replies

To Please help me. Loud Pedal Motorsports, Inc [Dispute]

Old 09-29-2010, 11:54 AM
jstrutt
Racer

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
I went to an open house at Loud Pedal Motorsports when they first moved to their new location back in February this year and saw the engineless black C6 Z06 in question.
When I inquired as to what the deal was with that car LPM stated that the car had been in their other shop for quite a long time in the same condition, so it's been engineless for AT LEAST 7 months that I know of.

I don't know the owner of the car or the car's history , so I can't pass judgement.
What I DO know is the owner of LPM is a stand-up guy and the car in question has been sitting for quite some time in the LPM garage.

I'm from Canada and saw that thing at LMP back in February. Anyone reading/replying to this thread should learn all the facts before condemming LMP. I would trust them with a heart transplant if I need one.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:01 PM
VetteLog
Burning Brakes

When Preston zeroed out the bill in May, is the $7000 starting from June to current? Maybe there is just a misunderstanding of what happened in the May payment. Because if I was the customer and I zeroed out my bill in May 2010 for whatever amount that was agreed upon to zero out all outstanding claims, and suddenly get $7000 bill today, knowing that labor was set at $1500, then that would be an issue.

Last edited by VetteLog; 09-29-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:03 PM
PrestonG
Instructor

I don’t think you are being petty.
I agree $7k for just an engine install is highway robbery.

but what if its $2k for an engine install AND $4,000 for storage fees for the past 2 years?
(yes boys and girls I think his car has been there THAT long)
you have not confirmed/denied my original question.
How long has your car been at LPM?

Looking at the facts you have posted I too would gather the local town folk with pitchforks and torches.
..but I bet there is a lot more to this story you have not posted.
For example what Exactly was on the latest bill for $7000?
what are the line items are they using to justify so much money?

I understand you are pissed with LPM, you get my sympathy on that, but I know the other players involved and they have never padded (aka ripped off) an install like that before. Ever.

..I mean what shop should would stay in business with a $7,000 install rate on motors?

There is much more to this story..
Wasn't 2 years, and as I said end of May in 2010 everything was paid current to their satisfaction. So its only the time between may and today. Which is 5 months, of which over 2months of it they had the engine. The other 3 months the engine was being built, and the engine builder said he would gladly back me up on that.

Quick Reply: Please help me. Loud Pedal Motorsports, Inc [Dispute]