Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Problems with member JMELECTRIK

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 03:03 PM
ShowcaseC6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Really? because the Procharger kit you sent me was pretty ****ty. Did nothing to make that right...

Leaking seals on the P1SC, worn down pulleys, a C5 bracket mutilated to fit a C6, lousy piping with backyard welding. Only good thing you sent was an intercooler.

Forum vendor (CompetitionGT) that did the install can tell you guys all about it!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by CanadianVetster
I agree with the above posting.
I think it is funny that the seller says he only made $90 bucks, so refunding $100.00 wouldn't be fair.

The buyer paid $130 (TOTAL) and got a part worth ZERO.
Really? I thought he bought a front and a rear, if this is the case, then I think your ZERO valuation is in fact inaccurate........
Old 12-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by ShowcaseC6
Really? because the Procharger kit you sent me was pretty ****ty. Did nothing to make that right...

Leaking seals on the P1SC, worn down pulleys, a C5 bracket mutilated to fit a C6, lousy piping with backyard welding. Only good thing you sent was an intercooler.

Forum vendor (CompetitionGT) that did the install can tell you guys all about it!
Hmm, I always wondered who bought used S/C's , now I know, thanks.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:19 PM
ShowcaseC6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Racer44
Hmm, I always wondered who bought used S/C's , now I know, thanks.
Not sure what you mean by that...

but I ended up spending as much as I would've to get the A&A kit new to get this kit right anyway. Not to mention the extra labor...

Oh well. You live and you learn...
Old 12-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Not sure what you mean by that...

but I ended up spending as much as I would've to get the A&A kit new to get this kit right anyway. Not to mention the extra labor...

Oh well. You live and you learn...
What I meant is used S/C's are not worth the supposed great deal you get them for. As you found out the hard way.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:30 PM
ShowcaseC6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

A&A sells them from time to time but he includes new parts and such. Would have been worth waiting for.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

A&A sells them from time to time but he includes new parts and such. Would have been worth waiting for.
Buying used from someone like A&A or a trusted performance shop would be ok in my books, but not from some Joe Smoe.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:10 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JMELECTRIK
OK just wanna clear my name. I haven't been on the board much. I sold these for 130 shipped. shipping was 40, so I made 90 dollars. The buyer wanted me to mail him 100 to make it good? So Im going to pay him 10 dollars to take my good rear z51 bar. Theirs been no question that bar is perfect, just a problem with the front. I personally pulled these of my car and they did fit fine and looked good to me, I didn't own the car since new so idk? also I broke the end link removing it, it didn't break in a wreck. Anyhow I've sold many parts like new zr1 seats for 1500 etc etc etc and I never had a problem and didn't try to get over on you. If you wanna resolve this REASONABLY ONLY then let me know thanks jay
very cool,
Old 12-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Blaq Ops
Burning Brakes

Just my .02... First off I'm glad that you said you would make it right. However, the OP went 43 days without any communication from you after you said you would make it right the first time. Ironically after a pm from a moderator, you show up to "clear" your name. From my experience, sometimes you have to take a loss in order to maintain your character and integrity. These two factors are the most important in my life. These two factors are something no one can ever take from me and determines how I look at a person. If I sold you a VCR with a grilled cheese sandwich stuck inside of it whose fault would that be? MINE!! Not the buyers. So even though I may lose money in refunding and paying for it to be shipped back I still keep my integrity tact. I just look a little better next time and consider it a lesson learned. What C&M is doing speaks very highly of his character. Regardless of how this ends, this could be very detrimental as to how you are perceived when you try to sell something in the future. The $100 to me would just not have been worth my name being flamed. But then again this is only MY opinion which I am sure you know what people think about those.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:39 PM
hd-wingnut
Racer

Originally Posted by Blaq Ops
Just my .02... First off I'm glad that you said you would make it right. However, the OP went 43 days without any communication from you after you said you would make it right the first time. Ironically after a pm from a moderator, you show up to "clear" your name. From my experience, sometimes you have to take a loss in order to maintain your character and integrity. These two factors are the most important in my life. These two factors are something no one can ever take from me and determines how I look at a person. If I sold you a VCR with a grilled cheese sandwich stuck inside of it whose fault would that be? MINE!! Not the buyers. So even though I may lose money in refunding and paying for it to be shipped back I still keep my integrity tact. I just look a little better next time and consider it a lesson learned. What C&M is doing speaks very highly of his character. Regardless of how this ends, this could be very detrimental as to how you are perceived when you try to sell something in the future. The $100 to me would just not have been worth my name being flamed. But then again this is only MY opinion which I am sure you know what people think about those.
I think this goes well with what I said earlier....
Old 12-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Jutskin
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaq Ops
Yes in a perfect world I agree. Your integrity reflects on the way most people would react.
Personality disorders such as narcisim are too commonplace in society though to guarantee that all purchases people make won't be flawed.
As mentioned earlier, if you stick with qualified vendors like all those that I have dealt with on this forum, you will not get ripped.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:27 PM
jeffbeckyl
Heel & Toe

Default Another unresolved problem?

The following is the email text of the deal that I had with this guy about the door and a few more parts he was selling:

From me:
Date: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 12:17 AM
Jay,

Confirming our phone call, you will sell me a passenger door, left front brake duct, set of hood hinges, right rear corner bracket, right rear inner fender, (and headlight pigtails if you have them), for a standard C6 corvette, for $450, including delivery via greyhound to Wilmington, NC.

From him:
I thought it was $460 for all that listed, lmk and I can ship it all tomorrow Thanks jay

So I sent him the $460 as agreed. When the shipment came, there was only one hood hinge (the other had fallen out of the box?), the rear corner reinforcement bracket was for the wrong (left) side, and the brake duct was for the right front of a C5. There was no headlight pigtail, but that's OK because he just said he thought he had at least a piece of one, and would throw it in if he could find it. The door and fender liner were OK, but based on our agreement there was about another $40 worth of stuff that was either missing or just plain wrong, and is of no use to me. I know that mistakes happen, but I've tried to contact the guy on the phone and via email since then to at least discuss and maybe work something out. It's been well over a week, and I've gotten no replies. I hope he'll respond to this.

Jeff
Old 02-15-2011, 02:11 PM
hunterhicks
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Outcome

Copied from this post. Showing the outcome that there are great people in this world.

Hey everyone, I'm the eternal optimist that always has belief in humanity. Wanted to show you an example on the site.

Had a bit of a problem with a vendor over some sway bars, offered many alternatives for him to man up, but that just was not in the cards.

Two strangers stepped up and offered me a free or greatly reduced price for the part that was in question. A big thanks to John (C&M Racing) and Keith (Keith N) for stepping up and helping out someone you didn't know.

Today I installed the sways from John, and all is well. Don't lose faith in humanity- still alive and kicking!

Go do something good today.

Quick Reply: Problems with member JMELECTRIK