Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Hendrick Chevy [Dispute]

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 11:57 AM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Bobbyosto

Spending that kind of money, you guys should have given him a new wheel without question. The other dealer did.

No questions asked!....replace the damn wheel.

Hendrick expected ArticBlast to drive all the way back so they could inspect the wheel?....put a couple of hundred miles on a new vehicle just to appease the curiosity of Hendrick? And then Hendrick would 'fix' the wheel!?

Absurd!...

It is just another reason to question the motive of the dealership.

If they have a bad reputation, they have certainly earned it.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

Originally Posted by arcticblast
Rick, I appreciate your post. Please see my last post in my original thread. (done before I read your post)
David
I did see your reply David and I resepct your position. I agree that my mang. should have handeled your conversation with more tact and I apologize on his behalf. Please always know that I am always here to help you again if needed.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Rick HendrickAtlanta

Originally Posted by N2TU

No questions asked!....replace the damn wheel.

Hendrick expected ArticBlast to drive all the way back so they could inspect the wheel?....put a couple of hundred miles on a new vehicle just to appease the curiosity of Hendrick? And then Hendrick would 'fix' the wheel!?

Absurd!...

It is just another reason to question the motive of the dealership.

If they have a bad reputation, they have certainly earned it.

It was Davids suggestion that he bring his car back to us not our suggestion. In fact he was ready to bring it back on our first conversation. He took it to his local dealership and then called me to say he was there. I wish that we were next door to all of our customers so all service could be handled by us but when you sell all across the country that is just not possiable.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:06 PM
switchplanner
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

The OP needs to post a picture to compare to the condition of the wheel at delivery.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:36 PM
00vettefan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ArticBlast has presented his side. Rick Daniel has submitted his response for himself and the Rick Hendrick dealership.

Orginally the wheel was the root cause for ArticBlast's concern. He did what he thought was right about going to his local GM dealership and pursuing resolution. GM customer service working with the "local dealership" agreed to replace the wheel under warranty. Complete resolution forthcoming. Will Bowling Green Assembly ship 1 wheel to the dealership for replacement? ABSOLUTELY! Assembly plants are not GM parts distribution system, but they do ship some parts to satisfy customers complaints when there are no parts in GM parts distribution inventory.

Now, why did this entire thread come about? The ROOT CAUSE for this posting by ArticBlast is the comments by George Clark, Sales Manager.
It becomes a "he said..you said" situation. Do most believe that these comments were said by George Clark? Yes, I think that most DO believe that it was said.

All car dealerships are constantly fighting a historical past. Whether it is new or use, domestic or foreign; the buying consumers are not TRUSTING of car sales people and are alarmingly becoming distrustful of service departments. The past will always be a variable in consumers purchasing decision. Can "this past" be overcome by dealerships...never.
Consumers automatically know what the expectations are and know what they will tolerate to make a purchase. YES CONSUMERS TOLERATE A LOT TO MAKE A PURCHASE. It is easy to look at this from the dealership side and say that dealerships tolerate a lot from customers.

Bottom line: Dealerships are in the business to make a profit...without the CONSUMERS.....there is no profit! It may be easy for a dealership of this size to think GM would never close it. Remember the old adage...."NEVER SAY NEVER"
Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 PM
SilverScorp
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Based on the facts that are presented by Rick saying the wheel was NOT damaged when it left the lot, my question is.....why should the wheel be replaced on warranty? AGAIN, based on the fact Rick says the wheel was not damaged when it left.

That would mean, if I picked up my new Corvette and drove it into the side of the garage backing it in, I should be able to have the damage fixed on warranty. Yea, I just don't think that is how it works. AGAIN, based on the fact Rick said there was NO damage on the wheel when it left.

As for the rude employee, wasn't there so can't comment.
I agree with Racer. I'm glad Artic was able to get the issue resolved but, quite frankly, the other dealership that replaced the wheel could get in trouble by GM if it was due to damage and not a manufacturer defect. In any case a rude salesperson I encountered at Maxie Price is the reason why they will never see me again.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:54 PM
CENT Z06
Melting Slicks

Thanks. There are some great guys working in Bowling Green. It may take a little time, but I think they will come through for me.
Glad to see that you were ultimately taken care of.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:01 PM
BLK281
Racer

I think anyone who buys a new car can miss "little things" that may only be apparent after you get the vehicle home and wash it, dry it..look it over when things are calm.

Usually when you buy a vehicle, you have the salesman running around, finance guy trying to get you into his office, etc. Many times when I have bought a vehicle, its pure chaos while I'm at the dealer.

As far as Hendrick in general- I have done business with them in Concord, NC and Charlotte NC. The Honda store in Concord was EXCELLENT..very accomodating sales people, managers, etc.

The Hendrick Range Rover dealer was a PITA to work with, managers were stuffy, and I actually ended up pulling out of the deal because they honestly were trying to run a number on me.

From all accounts Rick Hendrick tries to run a tight ship- but its obvious that doesn't trickle down to all his "2nd in commands".

Sounds like the OP got his problem resolved- and shame on the manager for not handling the issue with professionalism.

Its a rim, not a whole car that had to be replaced.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:06 PM
scooter68
Advanced

Originally Posted by 00vettefan
ArticBlast has presented his side. Rick Daniel has submitted his response for himself and the Rick Hendrick dealership.

Orginally the wheel was the root cause for ArticBlast's concern. He did what he thought was right about going to his local GM dealership and pursuing resolution. GM customer service working with the "local dealership" agreed to replace the wheel under warranty. Complete resolution forthcoming. Will Bowling Green Assembly ship 1 wheel to the dealership for replacement? ABSOLUTELY! Assembly plants are not GM parts distribution system, but they do ship some parts to satisfy customers complaints when there are no parts in GM parts distribution inventory.

Now, why did this entire thread come about? The ROOT CAUSE for this posting by ArticBlast is the comments by George Clark, Sales Manager.
It becomes a "he said..you said" situation. Do most believe that these comments were said by George Clark? Yes, I think that most DO believe that it was said.

All car dealerships are constantly fighting a historical past. Whether it is new or use, domestic or foreign; the buying consumers are not TRUSTING of car sales people and are alarmingly becoming distrustful of service departments. The past will always be a variable in consumers purchasing decision. Can "this past" be overcome by dealerships...never.
Consumers automatically know what the expectations are and know what they will tolerate to make a purchase. YES CONSUMERS TOLERATE A LOT TO MAKE A PURCHASE. It is easy to look at this from the dealership side and say that dealerships tolerate a lot from customers.

Bottom line: Dealerships are in the business to make a profit...without the CONSUMERS.....there is no profit! It may be easy for a dealership of this size to think GM would never close it. Remember the old adage...."NEVER SAY NEVER"

I bought a car from Rick when he was at Les Stanford Chevrolet in michigan- another forum dealer- If Rick remembers I had a smudge that wouldn't come off my door panel- and when I did get it off it discolored the materials. I actually damaged it by using too severe of a cleaner. I called Rick and he got with the MGMT of Les STanford and they handled it no questions asked. This certainly had nothing to do with warranty but they sent me a door panel and paid the labor for my hometown dealer to install it and even flipped the bill for a rental car since the car was down. THAT'S how you service a customer- Rick is a good guy and it sounds like his boss at Hendrick- is an A**Hole-
Old 12-16-2011, 01:16 PM
SilverScorp
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

It's called a strawman debate. The real issue is about how the salesmanager acted, but the discussion has focused on the questionable wheel issue (strawman) which, by the way, has been resolved. The real issue is about perception (i.e. what Arctic perceived to be confrontational versus what the SM perceived). For instance, if your from a place like the New York Bronx, you may see a heated discussion as normal, but people from Utah, might see that as being rude. Since none of us were there at the time we can only go on Arctic's perception of the discussion and, until we can hear from the salesmanager, we may never know the whole story. Maybe he thought he was acting normal. Just Saying... In any case if the buyer felt insulted then that was a bad move.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Cypher
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. There are some great guys working in Bowling Green. It may take a little time, but I think they will come through for me.
I remember Gene Culley saying the Z06/ZR1 rear CUP wheels were on backorder in another thread just a short time ago.

Hope they find one to get that Centennial Z back on the road.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Kudos to the local dealership who did not get the sale, but chose to replace the wheel for him. Most dealers get a hard on when they find out you went "around" them and bought from a out of town dealership.

That tells me it was fairly obvious that the damage was caused by some sort of workmanship problem or that they saw the big picture and chose to make a small sacrifice and foster a good reputation with a "new" customer in the hopes of getting his business next time and in the future.

Very refreshing attitude from a car dealership indeed. Two thumbs up!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Bobbyosto
Pro

If you want to be a dealer sponsor on the Corvette Forum and the exclusivity it entails, you better have the best CSI possible, for you can get crucified on here for one small bobble. I realize they pay the bills on here, but it is sometimes shark infested waters....
Old 12-16-2011, 02:30 PM
rustydog
Cruising

Before I start let me say I bought a 2012 GS from Hendrick. I pretty much dealt with George directly. My car was detailed perfect including the correct tire pressure which never happens.
Maybe we push to hard for lower & lower prices? To ask a dealer to commit to replace a wheel without looking at is wrong. I bet there is less than a 1 percent chance that a wheel could be defective have a runcrap tire mounted, installed on a car then shipped, & finally inspected by yourself & the dealership. Then 300 miles later while still very much in the breaking period fail. We can't have it both ways by asking these dealers to make less & less, there is less cushion for this kind off loss. Which would have been the case if he would have stated they would replace the wheel & GM had said it was caused by an impact. If you had a dealer willing to replace the wheel locally why not let him do it?
Old 12-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Bobbyosto
Pro

Originally Posted by rustydog
Before I start let me say I bought a 2012 GS from Hendrick. I pretty much dealt with George directly. My car was detailed perfect including the correct tire pressure which never happens.
Maybe we push to hard for lower & lower prices? To ask a dealer to commit to replace a wheel without looking at is wrong. I bet there is less than a 1 percent chance that a wheel could be defective have a runcrap tire mounted, installed on a car then shipped, & finally inspected by yourself & the dealership. Then 300 miles later while still very much in the breaking period fail. We can't have it both ways by asking these dealers to make less & less, there is less cushion for this kind off loss. Which would have been the case if he would have stated they would replace the wheel & GM had said it was caused by an impact. If you had a dealer willing to replace the wheel locally why not let him do it?
What kind of loss is this for a mega dealer like Hendricks? What is their reputation worth? A heck of alot more then that wheel. Basically they were telling their customer he was telling untruths and that would have ticked me off. George whatshisname was way off base for being rude and not at all helpful. I have no sympathy for Hendricks.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:54 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Landru

The subject of this flap received a new wheel.
A learning moment for all.
Not yet, but I'm hoping it doesn't take too long.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

I think in order to be fair, as someone else stated, it isn't right to make judgement without seeing the wheel close up. REALLY close up. I can see the picture of the car that the dealer showed, but I don't think the photo is good enough to see a flaw or a chip in the paint. If it is wrinkled or peeling, I think any one of us would be able to judge if the damage was done before or after the sale of the car. On the other hand, I think we would also need to see a closeup of the damage that the buyer says was there and see the pictures he took. I believe most of us could distinguish between wrinkled/chipping/peeling paint and a wheel that has hit the curb. Until then, I would be hesitant to make a comment about the situation. One way or another. As for a grumpy salesman/mechanic, I would say that everyone has a bad day from time to time and that is understandable. But if that situation continued to get the same responses from many customers, then I think that situation should be dealt with also.

Get notified of new replies

To Hendrick Chevy [Dispute]

Old 12-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Cypher
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not yet, but I'm hoping it doesn't take too long.
Post up a pic of the crack in that wheel if you get a chance, I’d like to see it.

Remember, these wheels are new for 2012…I hope your wheel is not an issue that’s yet to come for more of us CUP wheel owners.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Cypher
Post up a pic of the crack in that wheel if you get a chance, I’d like to see it.
Would really like to see this infamous wheel.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by J Willis
I think in order to be fair, as someone else stated, it isn't right to make judgement without seeing the wheel close up. REALLY close up. I can see the picture of the car that the dealer showed, but I don't think the photo is good enough to see a flaw or a chip in the paint. If it is wrinkled or peeling, I think any one of us would be able to judge if the damage was done before or after the sale of the car. On the other hand, I think we would also need to see a closeup of the damage that the buyer says was there and see the pictures he took. I believe most of us could distinguish between wrinkled/chipping/peeling paint and a wheel that has hit the curb. Until then, I would be hesitant to make a comment about the situation. One way or another. As for a grumpy salesman/mechanic, I would say that everyone has a bad day from time to time and that is understandable. But if that situation continued to get the same responses from many customers, then I think that situation should be dealt with also.
As I said in the other thread, I think a pic of the damaged wheel is now a must. So,