Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Breathless Performance: FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 01:46 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Breathless Performance: FAIL

So i jumped on the breathless performance band wagon... why not they look cool right?? So i order them and i come to find out they are made to order.. Dont you love that? that adds a week wait..

So in my paypal payment i request a tracking number.. simple enough right? Well when it got to 12 and 13 days from payment i still didnt get it so i fire off an email to get it.. No reply.. So the next day i call at 1:23 pacific time.. its 4:23 there.. i guess everybody that does anything there leaves by 4 and nobody could get my tracking number.. The next day i send another email saying i read all over their website on how much customer service matter to them.. I tell them i had one request and they couldnt even handle that.. He sends me my tacking number and i receive them the next day..

If you look in my pictures at the lip where the vent meet the duct you can clearly see the edge vanish.. my ducts do NOT fit in the vents.. A buddy of mine is a body man and looked at them. they will need atleast 2 hours of work to get them to where they need to be to be fixed to the car.

I sent off Breathless a few pictures of the issue and waited... No reply.. its coming up on the afternoon and i don't want them sneaking out of the office with out talking to me so i call them..

Ernie tells me he cant see and issue and dosent know what my problem is.. Not a big deal, no reason to blow up on the guy right?
So i send Ernie some more pictures (Listed below) now the pictures with the Sharpy in dots was the first set of pictures and the hard line was the second set..

ROUND 2: Ernie tells me that every other set he has
(Odd, now he has a few in stock when mine were made to order)
looks fine and has a 1/4" lip all the way around.. and that they dont go inside of it the just but up against it..
(THEN WHY IS THERE A LIP AT ALL?)
If the duct doesnt slide into the vent you would see a ripple and it will look tacky throughout the brake vent when installed..

Back to my great buddy Ernie.. He tells me that none of the rest of you have EVER complained and basically he doesn't care to correct the issue..

Long story short.. Breathless doesnt stand behind their product and after spending almost $350 on vents i will get to pay somebody on top of that to fix Ernie's Mistakes..

I wont be buying products from this company ever again..

Jon Hartmann
Old 02-17-2012, 03:02 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

Bummer
Old 02-17-2012, 03:29 PM
srs244
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

sorry you ran into those problems. certainly not what you would expect from a reliable vendor, but then again........take a look (do a search) and you will find at least a few threads and posts of conflicts and conflicting information regarding exactly who it is that is making the products, etc. in our area, breathless is very high profile, flooding the area with their presence at car events and shows. personally, i've found them to be unresponsive to requests for information about their products for sale, etc or just plain rude when asked questions, so i haven't ever dealt with them. they remain in business, so i guess others have had better luck with them then either you or i have.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:42 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

As soon as he had my money he stopped caring about his product. I feel most of their customers drop these off at a shop or are highly skilled in auto body work.. I have a buddy that is a good body man and i know we can make them work.. its just bogus that they wont stand by their stuff and basically told me to kick rocks

Originally Posted by srs244
sorry you ran into those problems. certainly not what you would expect from a reliable vendor, but then again........take a look (do a search) and you will find at least a few threads and posts of conflicts and conflicting information regarding exactly who it is that is making the products, etc. in our area, breathless is very high profile, flooding the area with their presence at car events and shows. personally, i've found them to be unresponsive to requests for information about their products for sale, etc or just plain rude when asked questions, so i haven't ever dealt with them. they remain in business, so i guess others have had better luck with them then either you or i have.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:54 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Too bad that the product doen't meet expectations.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:15 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by tiojames
Thanks for the heads up. Not worth screwing around with this type of person, won't be buying anything from them.
I think Corvette Forum "members" should be aware that just
because a vendor is a sponsor of the site---There is No
guarantee of good service or product. I have my list of bad
vendors that I won't use, I guess we all need to to have a
list.
You know what they say-Buyer beware.
I am sorry you had to learn the hard way.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:24 PM
steve miller
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

As per Forum Guidlines this post has been moved to the appropriate section.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...-disputes.html

Let's Give Breathless a chance to respond. If we adhere to the guidelines this thread can remain open and perhaps help facilitate resolution. I will PM the vendor now.

Last edited by steve miller; 02-17-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:32 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

I will email him the link to this post.

Originally Posted by steve miller
As per Forum Guidlines this post has been moved to the appropriate section.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...-disputes.html

Let's Give Breathless a chance to respond. If we adhere to the guidelines this thread can remain open and perhaps help facilitate resolution.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:39 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Default ????????????

well, for one thing your pics are so close I have no idea what part this is! take a few pics from 5-10 feet away so we know what you are dealing with...please...thank you.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:00 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
well, for one thing your pics are so close I have no idea what part this is! take a few pics from 5-10 feet away so we know what you are dealing with...please...thank you.
ask and ye shall receive

Front Side

And here is the back side..

every place I marked it with sharpy shows where the molding either didnt produce a lip or where it gets smaller and smaller preventing proper fitment.. We figure it will need built up with more fiberglass on the back side then the hole opened up wider.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:01 PM
bpproducts
Melting Slicks

This is the way the side brake ducts are manufactured and have had no fitment issues what so ever. I knew this was going to be a problem with you since day one. After you ordered them and was told it was on backorder and you were upset about that. Yes you did call me a couple of days ago after hours and we were closed and I explained to call me in the morning when I am at a computer to resolve this issue. You snapped at me for not being at the office at 440pm when we close at 4. When I did check it I found that the item was being delivered the same day. Sorry but you are 8 days away by UPS ground. When you sent me the pics and started the message “ Is this how Bad your products are”. By the way you sent your email last night and only in the last 2 hrs have I been able to catch up to my emails. I tried to explain that to you but you still attacked me on this. Second I asked for a few more pics so we could see where the problem was and see what happened. Your answer “ I am going to send you thousands of pictures!!!!” I stayed cool and said ok that is fine. After you called again I explained to you that this was the cut line for the ducts and that we have had no issues with them but again you did not want to hear that. If you are not happy please send the item back. Instead of asking for a refund you decided to attack me on the forum. Now to call me a *****!! That is really nice of you. Wish I had taped the conversation with you talking to me like **** on the phone. You must not be a happy person. Very simple send them back if it makes you happy. This is how they are made and the fit is perfect once installed but you don’t think so, you’re the pro.

Ernie
www.BreathlessPerformance.com
Attached Images   
Old 02-17-2012, 05:14 PM
bpproducts
Melting Slicks

here are some more pics installed.

Ernie
Attached Images     
Old 02-17-2012, 05:21 PM
bpproducts
Melting Slicks

Some more installed pics

Ernie
Attached Images     
Old 02-17-2012, 05:24 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bpproducts
This is the way the side brake ducts are manufactured and have had no fitment issues what so ever. I knew this was going to be a problem with you since day one. After you ordered them and was told it was on backorder and you were upset about that. Yes you did call me a couple of days ago after hours and we were closed and I explained to call me in the morning when I am at a computer to resolve this issue. You snapped at me for not being at the office at 440pm when we close at 4. When I did check it I found that the item was being delivered the same day. Sorry but you are 8 days away by UPS ground. When you sent me the pics and started the message “ Is this how Bad your products are”. By the way you sent your email last night and only in the last 2 hrs have I been able to catch up to my emails. I tried to explain that to you but you still attacked me on this. Second I asked for a few more pics so we could see where the problem was and see what happened. Your answer “ I am going to send you thousands of pictures!!!!” I stayed cool and said ok that is fine. After you called again I explained to you that this was the cut line for the ducts and that we have had no issues with them but again you did not want to hear that. If you are not happy please send the item back. Instead of asking for a refund you decided to attack me on the forum. Now to call me a *****!! That is really nice of you. Wish I had taped the conversation with you talking to me like **** on the phone. You must not be a happy person. Very simple send them back if it makes you happy. This is how they are made and the fit is perfect once installed but you don’t think so, you’re the pro.

Ernie
www.BreathlessPerformance.com

We can start at the top and work our way down..

You didnt tell me they were on back order, you said it was going to be 5 days until they shipped at which point i made a comment that i did not know they were made to order.. you didnt respond to that comment

Regarding your hours.. YES i was shocked that i cant call you past 1:00pm my time.. Did i snap at you? i didnt feel i did..

“Is this how Bad your products are”
You shoulda seen the first draft... step your quality up and you wont get this kind of email..

And when you asked for pictures i said it wasnt an issue and I COULD SEND YOU A THOUSAND IF YOU NEED.. please dont twist my words.

and you stayed cool? Neat i paid you... percs of the job..

and i dont want a refund.. have you not read any of my post? I know i can make them work and i do think the look BA.. theyre cool as H3LL...

And yes you talk down to me with a tone of arrogance...
you are kind of a pric..

Happy Person??? Way to shoot for the personal attack..
I'm a ball of sunshine and smiles..
It does make me sad when i buy car parts that arent as they should be..

And thanks for your quick reply to my email showing you this thread.. that the quickest you ever got back to me..

Gimmie 5 minutes.. my buddy wants me to take a picture of your perfect fit and post it up..

Thanks
Jon Hartmann
Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

In case you cant tell what the picture is for, Note the large gap of sunlight coming through it.. this is my issue..

Last edited by White Rabbit; 02-17-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: adding info to the picture
Old 02-17-2012, 05:34 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

Convenient that all your up close pictures have a grill in front of them...

Where's my grills?? Maybe that's the issue?

and why post up all the other pics that dont even have the angle to show the issue we are talking about???
Old 02-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Big Duk
Pro

Are'nt you filling after the rocker is cut & fitted? I dont see this being an issue for anyone with f.r.p. skills. It is just part of customizing. My $.02

Get notified of new replies

To Breathless Performance: FAIL

Old 02-17-2012, 06:44 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Big Duk
Are'nt you filling after the rocker is cut & fitted? I dont see this being an issue for anyone with f.r.p. skills. It is just part of customizing. My $.02
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...l-chapter.html

Check out this DIY.. go to the third image down.. this is what im talking about and i will correct it on my set.. He has a caption at the top of the image saying he came to the same problem and most people just call it good and throw screens over it.. I Have too much time, money, sweat and tears into this thing to leave it like that..

Thanks
Jon

Last edited by White Rabbit; 02-17-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:50 PM
bpproducts
Melting Slicks

Just for you next week we will take pictures at the shop with the duct going in our fiberglass part and sealing the gap. A qualified installer will have no issues in installing this item and sealing the gap. How were you planning on installing it?

Ernie
Old 02-17-2012, 08:01 PM
bpproducts
Melting Slicks

Here are a few more pics of our hot C5 brake duct kit install professionally
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Breathless Performance: FAIL