Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

How Rick hendrick chevy in ATL screwed me and others

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:40 PM
StarQuality
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rick Hendrick

Ive done business with Rick Hendrick Chevy numerous times. I think if you go up there and raise a little hell then they will rectify the issue. Thats bad business. Contract, no contract whoever you gave that money too should be held responsible at their misfortune. High demand great, but your not going to s#%@ on me in the process. Turn Up. Anyone see a difference in the c7 from the c6 performance and driving wise?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:17 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
I guess I have not read a dealer contract in a long time, but I find it hard to believe that is correct. If the contract said "MSRP", that is pretty specific.

I would understand if they quoted an actual price (numbers) then the car went up from GM beyond their control. But MSRP allows for any changes incurred to them.

Regardless of whether it is legal or not, I would have a problem with a dealer telling me list and then changing it. The position it puts a buyer is not good. Suddenly a buyer has to get in line somewhere else after counting on having one at an agreed upon price.

The other issue is that as long as I have been on this forum (12 years) we have always been led to believe that "forum vendors" are held to a higher standard of business practices.
Remember the Maxie Price Z06 BS that got them booted from the forum?
Old 08-29-2013, 11:18 AM
stol1249
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dealership mark ups on new Vettes

Originally Posted by lawdogg149
Still boiling mad!!!!
ANYBODY who buys a car at or above MSRP must have money to throw away (and these are the people the dealers are after initially) and could care less about the cost.

They are willing to throw extra thousands away; just to have the newest product on the market. Often these new cars have yet to be debugged, so these idiots are getting a double whammyhttps://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lies/smash.gif

My last deal (2012 GS) from Hendrick in Duluth, GA came in at invoice. The dealer still profits by selling the car at invoice, so imagine what they rake in, when these over anxious buyers enter theyr showrooms.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:24 AM
USAF
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Here's my advice.
Go to the State Attorney General consumer complaint people.
They love this stuff.
They get in the newspapers and on TV defending the little guy.
They eat it up.
Then the consumer advocate of the news division of the TV station ambushes the dealer demanding to know why he's so untruthful.

I've seen it happen. It can be enormous fun to watch knowing you started it all.

USAF
Old 08-29-2013, 01:49 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by stol1249
ANYBODY who buys a car at or above MSRP must have money to throw away...
But someone buying a $60,000 Corvette (even at invoice) instead of a $20,000 Civic is not throwing away money? They will both get you where you are going. It's all relative. Lot's of people spend money on things that I think are stupid, but it's their money to do what they want with. I don't get why people have children - do you know what they cost?
Old 08-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I have no idea what children cost.. But I will bet it is a lot. Never tried to one...
Old 08-31-2013, 07:04 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

I thought you guys would appreciate a little follow up. A good friend of Corvette and Mr. Hendricks shared this thread and this practice with Mr. Hendrick. They asked that we share their response. Actions have been taken.

Dear Wendell and NCRS members at large; I read with a great deal of dismay the comments currently posted on Corvette forum by a C7 purchaser who had entrusted his business to Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Atlanta. I can assure you that Mr. Hendrick was not aware of the practice, which so infuriated the customer, and has taken immediate and effective action to insure that the practice of extracting an addendum to the MSRP for the new C7 is not tolerated. I visited personally with Mr. Hendrick and forwarded the Corvette Forum in order that he could read what the offended customer and other contributors had posted. Mr. Hendrick makes no excuses , however he does offer his apologies in this case and in any other, that for some reason (s), he is not aware of. We would appreciate your sharing this message with the members of the NCRS board of directors and if you are so inclined, enter these comments on the Corvette forum site. Mr. Hendrick has long been a steadfast supporter of NCRS, the Museum, The Corvette assembly facility and is not only a Corvette Collector, of some renown, he is most importantly, A Corvette Preservationist. We send our sincere best wishes to you and the entire Corvette Nation. JIM PERKINS
Old 08-31-2013, 07:08 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,203 Likes on 707 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

with the above post added I am closing this one...

Quick Reply: How Rick hendrick chevy in ATL screwed me and others