Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Re: Nightmare @ hitech motorsport elk river, mn

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 06:59 PM
c6vette142dude
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85corvettec4
good luck mate! GIVE EM' HELL
Thanks much!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:02 PM
1FastSRT
5th Gear

Bart wont pay you a thing until a Judge makes him. I had to go to the Anoka County Court House 4 times to fill out paper work. It wasn't until he had to go before the Judge a second time that he paid me. Again, if you need help let me know. I'm a few miles away for the Anoka County Court House. Hope your car gets fixed soon.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:42 PM
c6vette142
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 1FastSRT
Bart wont pay you a thing until a Judge makes him. I had to go to the Anoka County Court House 4 times to fill out paper work. It wasn't until he had to go before the Judge a second time that he paid me. Again, if you need help let me know. I'm a few miles away for the Anoka County Court House. Hope your car gets fixed soon.

I appreciate your help on this. After dealing with this crook for so many months, I now know that he has no limits when it comes to running his sordid business. From what I understand, he's a lawyer as well, so I guess that's where he gets many of his rip-off talents,... such as getting people to pay money up front. I know for a fact that he's been taken to court several times, and have lost cases. He still doesn't understand juries or judges.

I'm also in contact with an ex-employee who worked there for many years, he said that he'd be more than willing to testify on my behalf as well. He knows first hand, the under-handed way in which customers were robbed and ripped off. I'm also in touch with several guys who've went through similar problems of having Hi-Tech botch up their cars. I'm in no hurry, will be gathering up a bunch of these folks and see about a class-action suit.

I'll be in touch once everything's lined up. If you wish, have anyone that's had major problems with this shop (and I know first hand that there are many out there) contact me so that we can get organized. It's not a rush deal, want to take some time and get as many as possible onboard.

I took the AG's advice and tried to mediate,, but as I knew he would, he declined...so I'm looking forward to going all the way.

If you look back at every crooked company that's been put out of business, they all have a few things in common:

#1 - They never stop pushing the limits...there is always another victim

#2 - They always underestimate the power of a single individual

#3 -They all thought they were invincible... and I guess that's a good thing

#4 - There will always be another company... just like Hi-Tech

Thanks again!

Last edited by c6vette142; 03-11-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:14 PM
1FastSRT
5th Gear

When is the court date? I can be there if you need me.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:01 PM
c6vette142dude
Pro

Originally Posted by 1FastSRT
When is the court date? I can be there if you need me.
Not sure yet, but I'll certainly give you as much heads-up as possible. I really appreciate your support.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:58 PM
c6vette142dude
Pro

After some legal counsel, will be looking to pursue damages for all of the problems and money spent before the actual motor rebuild. As I've noted in other threads, my insurance company gave me money for a new engine due to flooding...but this was nearly a year later. All of the stuff that I went through, and all of the money that I spent from March - Sept is open to litigation.

Besides the legal process, my biggest goal is to inform the public and warn them about Bart and Hi-Tech. People work hard for their money, often times having jobs in which they literally are sacrificing their lives... only to have it stolen. I'd rather help keep unwitting customers from wasting thousands of dollars and being ripped over a course of decades, than be awarded a few thousand dollars.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:26 AM
1FastSRT
5th Gear

Did you know when you Goggle Hi-Tech Motorsports, right under Hi-tech, is the link to this Thread. I bet this puts a smile on Barts face. Made me laugh.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:36 PM
DaveVette91
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anything yet?
Old 06-25-2014, 10:13 PM
SaltyJ
1st Gear

Originally Posted by c6vette142dude
After some legal counsel, will be looking to pursue damages for all of the problems and money spent before the actual motor rebuild. As I've noted in other threads, my insurance company gave me money for a new engine due to flooding...but this was nearly a year later. All of the stuff that I went through, and all of the money that I spent from March - Sept is open to litigation.

Besides the legal process, my biggest goal is to inform the public and warn them about Bart and Hi-Tech. People work hard for their money, often times having jobs in which they literally are sacrificing their lives... only to have it stolen. I'd rather help keep unwitting customers from wasting thousands of dollars and being ripped over a course of decades, than be awarded a few thousand dollars.
Im going through the exact same thing with them right now and if you could tell me where you went to court and who the judge was it would help me so much. thanks
Old 06-30-2014, 01:47 PM
Geebers
1st Gear

Default Thanks!

Newbie here, but thought I would say thanks before making a mistake. I had my car at this shop and was looking at a $6-$8k estimate to have the motor rebuilt. After reading this review and others on Google I have the tow truck on its way to pick up my car. It will be interesting to see what they find in comparison.

I'll post more when I find out what is found...current findings at Hitech...No compression on 4 and 5. Broken Crank, possibly shattered?, Possible broken rods, Scoped cylinders and no major damage.

I guess I must have hit it really hard to shatter the after market crank?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Goesfast
3rd Gear

Old 08-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Goesfast
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Geebers
Newbie here, but thought I would say thanks before making a mistake. I had my car at this shop and was looking at a $6-$8k estimate to have the motor rebuilt. After reading this review and others on Google I have the tow truck on its way to pick up my car. It will be interesting to see what they find in comparison.

I'll post more when I find out what is found...current findings at Hitech...No compression on 4 and 5. Broken Crank, possibly shattered?, Possible broken rods, Scoped cylinders and no major damage.

I guess I must have hit it really hard to shatter the after market crank?
What did you find out about your car? Hope it went well. Lurking here, and keeping the Google link for this up top!

Hoping for a Great Outcome for the OP, and the others!

Keep us posted Sir!
Old 08-04-2014, 12:32 PM
1FastSRT
5th Gear

Just to let you know, I was at Car Craft and had a couple of people say Hi Tech is hurting for business. His days are numbered.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Goesfast
3rd Gear

bump
Old 01-07-2015, 02:21 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

Originally Posted by Goesfast
bump
Continuous bumps by disinterested third parties in a thread inactive for 5-6 months.

If the OP or the vendor has something to add, contact a mod.

Quick Reply: Re: Nightmare @ hitech motorsport elk river, mn