Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

No customer service at Southern Car Parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 12:28 AM
The Inspector
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No customer service at Southern Car Parts

Wish I would have read the reviews before attempting to use Southern Car Parts.

9/1/14 - Ordered 3 items totaling $383.26. Credit card charged immediately.

9/3/14 - Called David to confirm that my order had been received. Was told that 2 of the items had shipped or would ship within a day or two. The 3rd item was a license plate bracket that needed to be painted. Was told it had been painted and needed to cure and would ship early the next week.

9/11/14 - Called David to check on status of order. Was told nothing had shipped but he would check on the status and call me back to give me an update. I did not hear back from David.

9/12/14 - Emailed David asking when I would be receive the 3 items. I asked for a reply on 9/12/14 and depending on the response I may or may not cancel the order. I did not hear back from David.

9/13/14 - Emailed and cancelled the order. Requested full refund of the $383.26 no later than 10:00am Monday 9/15/14.

I believe I gave David ample opportunity to keep me informed on the status of my order. The inaccurate information he gave me on 9/3/14 was disappointing to say the least. And the total lack of response from David on 9/11 and 9/12 is inexcusable. 13 days later and still not knowing any more than I did when I placed the order was enough. I understand having to deal with different suppliers. Bottom line SCP apparently has no relationship with their suppliers to be able to keep their customer informed. If I ran my business like this I would not be fortunate enough to drive my C6.

It seems like since we drive Corvettes we can be treated with a complete lack of customer service. Fortunately there are plenty of other suppliers that will appreciate my business.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:42 PM
The Inspector
Instructor

9/15/14 - I did not hear back from David. I did not receive the refund to my credit card as requested. I have now disputed the charges with my credit card company.

I have been patient throughout this process. All I wanted to know was when I would receive my items. David did not have the courtesy to find the time to let me know any kind of status on when I may or may not receive anything. In my opinion, the fact that he did not call or email me back at all speaks volumes Southern Car Parts. Buyer beware.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:58 PM
got-20z
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I attempted to buy my exhaust from them back in January or February. I asked if it was in stock before I ordered and was told yes.

I order it, and after the amount of days passed that it was said to be shipped, nothing. Waited about 2 weeks before saying anything, then they told me it was back-ordered on Borla's end and they'd be getting some new systems within a week. Another 2 weeks pass and I ask again and get the same answer. I wait another week or 2 and then ask again, so this time I request a refund.

They did refund me and it took about 4 days I think to process. Instead of being told it was in stock it would have been nice to know up front that it was going to be a long wait to get the exhaust. That was my gripe with that whole experience. In the end it was several weeks of waiting for nothing when I could have bought the product elsewhere and already had it on my car.

I'm not here to bash Southern Car Parts because when we did communicate, it was friendly. I'm just sharing my experience. Maybe for the future just some better knowledge of what is actually in stock and what is on back-order due to high demand and manufacturing delays.

Last edited by got-20z; 09-23-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:38 PM
Vette50th
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I also had a bad experience with Southern Car Parts

I purchased some RaceMesh Grills still after 2 months have not received them. I filed a paypal claim to get money back. They told me to cancel claim, and they will refund me. Yeh right..
Old 01-08-2016, 09:30 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Dammit. Wish I had seen this earlier. Just ordered a leather shift boot and aluminum shift **** for my C5, what I received was a leather console cover from MidAMotorworks. I called and spoke to somebody in sales who said they would contact the supplier to find out what happened and let me know and then I heard nothing.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:56 PM
viperz0677
Advanced

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
Dammit. Wish I had seen this earlier. Just ordered a leather shift boot and aluminum shift **** for my C5, what I received was a leather console cover from MidAMotorworks. I called and spoke to somebody in sales who said they would contact the supplier to find out what happened and let me know and then I heard nothing.

Get notified of new replies

To No customer service at Southern Car Parts

Quick Reply: No customer service at Southern Car Parts