Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Needing info on a restorer in arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 12:25 PM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My worst fears are finally realized,After 20 months I had enough of his lies,and please just give me 2 more months,and thank you for being so patient.... I had to go to AR and get what was left of my car...Lots of stuff not finished,lots of parts that was on his parts list to add to car in restore, was not ordered,...Body prep was terrible and Paint is already showing signs of cracking ...So Much Time and Money just Wasted.And still money left in build that he said he would return,but I guess after 6 weeks has gone by,I dont think im going to see any of it,either.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:47 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,187 Posts

Originally Posted by SAMS67427
My worst fears are finally realized,After 20 months I had enough of his lies,and please just give me 2 more months,and thank you for being so patient.... I had to go to AR and get what was left of my car...Lots of stuff not finished,lots of parts that was on his parts list to add to car in restore, was not ordered,...Body prep was terrible and Paint is already showing signs of cracking ...So Much Time and Money just Wasted.And still money left in build that he said he would return,but I guess after 6 weeks has gone by,I dont think im going to see any of it,either.
D@mn! Very sorry that happened to you.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:22 PM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,637 Likes on 1,967 Posts

Sorry to hear that also. Arkansas has a lot of great enthusiasts but it's just not a Mecca for first class restoration shops.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:27 PM
BIGTIDEFAN
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had good results with Hedges in the past
Old 10-26-2015, 02:32 PM
hedgescorvettes
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the partial restoration took longer than anticipated. My Wife was diagnosed with breast cancer early in 2015 and that was my priority at that time and I didn't oversee enough of the business for a period of time. Her health is good now and I have been focused on my business, unfortunately Mr. Buchannan was during that time. In my defense, customer sent many of the parts which ended up not being compatible with previous parts he sent. Yes, when he picked up the car 3 items were on back order. I got them in after car was gone and he asked for money back not parts, so I sent back for credit. Not sure what to say about paint and body, customer saw paint before and had no issue. Very little bodywork was done by us, just some cracks fixed. With this partial restoration the customer thought that more should have been restored than what was agreed to in writing. Maybe the writing was too vague and I will take responsibility for that. We have worked on over 100 midyear Corvettes, 55 frame off restorations and 31 Bloomington Gold and Top Flight restorations. And yes I have had 3 complaints over the 16 years that I have been a business. And no we are NOT the frame/chassis builders in California. I am located in Arkansas. Sorry Sammy, I wish things would have worked out better.

Jeremy Hedges
Owner
Hedges Corvettes, LLC
Old 10-26-2015, 04:13 PM
SAMS67427
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DansYellow66
Sorry to hear that also. Arkansas has a lot of great enthusiasts but it's just not a Mecca for first class restoration shops.
It was quite a expensive lesson for me...Never had such a negative experience on a partial restore that was just suppost to take 4 months before and $65,000 to buy car and then restore..The next guy said it would take another 20k to finish car, fix and repair previous repairs made on car,plus to add upgrades that were some how over looked and not bought off our parts list for restore,items like power steering and power windows,headrests,chromeing of front bumpers ,glovebox door restore ,est. Im still realing from it .
Old 10-26-2015, 09:53 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SAMS67427
It was quite a expensive lesson for me...Never had such a negative experience on a partial restore that was just suppost to take 4 months before and $65,000 to buy car and then restore..The next guy said it would take another 20k to finish car, fix and repair previous repairs made on car,plus to add upgrades that were some how over looked and not bought off our parts list for restore,items like power steering and power windows,headrests,chromeing of front bumpers ,glovebox door restore ,est. Im still realing from it .
Originally Posted by hedgescorvettes
Yes the partial restoration took longer than anticipated. My Wife was diagnosed with breast cancer early in 2015 and that was my priority at that time and I didn't oversee enough of the business for a period of time. Her health is good now and I have been focused on my business,
I am located in Arkansas. Sorry Sammy, I wish things would have worked out better.

Jeremy Hedges
Owner
Hedges Corvettes, LLC
Originally Posted by hedgescorvettes
Pulled these out of the woods this Spring. Off the road since 1979. On blocks so very little rust.

How are those things all consistent? Time enough to find new projects while the wife is sick, but not enough time to take care of a pre paid customer?
Old 10-26-2015, 10:15 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
How are those things all consistent? Time enough to find new projects while the wife is sick, but not enough time to take care of a pre paid customer?
You left out this part -

In my defense, customer sent many of the parts which ended up not being compatible with previous parts he sent.
If you have no dog in the hunt, why don't you sit this one out?

I left my 63 with Jeremy during the time the OP's car was there, and my car was completed in a timely and professional manner.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:36 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Zoomin
You left out this part -

If you have no dog in the hunt, why don't you sit this one out?

I left my 63 with Jeremy during the time the OP's car was there, and my car was completed in a timely and professional manner.
I didn't leave out anything that was pertinent to the shop owners claim that he was too busy to take care of business. Evidently he found time to take care of you as a priority in addition to finding new projects, so of course you would be happy............. Thanks for reinforcing and supporting my point that he did find time for other things!

He is the one who posted up inconsistent info in two separate threads. Seems like you have no problem with that, so perhaps you should follow your own advice. Thanks anyway.

PS - I had already posted previously in this thread.

Last edited by tuxnharley; 10-26-2015 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:01 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

The totality of this thread has evolved into a recounting of a deal that belongs in the Transactions Feedback section, and will be moved there.

It will be closed as the OP has made his feelings clear about the transaction, the vendor has had a chance to post his side in a reply and now others are just posting to it.

Quick Reply: Needing info on a restorer in arkansas