Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Not good dealing with American Hydrocarbon...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 07:40 AM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Not good dealing with American Hydrocarbon...

I spoke to Pat via email in January about getting my passenger HVAC vent bezel done to match the parts that were already in my car. After a few emails back & forth, including me sending pics & explaining what I need, he said he could make it happen and it would be done within 2 weeks.

I ship my bezel to him and he gets it on 1/28/2016. We are now in week SEVEN! I have gotten nothing but excuses and the run around after being told it will ship on X day many times, but it never did. Things from "family" problems to they did the part wrong & has to be redone to it was being cleared & was supposed to ship LAST Tuesday to the latest of it will ship today. No surprise, no reply to my request for a tracking number.

I've had enough & filed a Paypal claim. Worst case, I have to file a dispute w/my CC company.

Needless to say, I'll never deal with this company again. I know a lot of folks have had good experiences w/them, but not this guy.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...drocarbon.html
Old 03-17-2016, 09:28 PM
zrracer
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 137 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '11, '14

Pat stated that he did not get paid by me. I think he is forgetting something.
I personally took my parts up to him in Springhill. Again my parts. I told him I was going to a car show at Disney and needed them back. He assured me I would get them in time. Week after week passed and I did not get them. I called and called and got excuse after excuse and promised they would be in my Hands before I left for Orlando. He send me supposed tracking numbers that never panned out. Told me he would overnight them. He told me everything I wanted to hear.
Did I get them after promise after promise. NO. I had paid for the room at Disney and my gf was looking forward to the weekend.
The judges came up to my car and asked if someone had stolen the Gs emblems. I told them what had happened. They said sorry and moved n.
I didn't win anything of course.
So next they show up. Painted the wrong color. Not even close by the way.
They were repainted the wrong color again. I had in the mean time bought 2 OEM emblems. I have entered 2 other shows and won twice since then.
I don't think I owe him money for screwing up parts I sent him. I think he owes me for a ruined weekend after lying to me 20 times. Never coming through with anything that works and trying to accuse me of doing something wrong.
All he had to do is do what he said he would do. He did not and he is trying to twist that fact to make it seem he did no wrong.
Robin
Old 03-18-2016, 03:47 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I know things happen but I have known Pat in here since before he got into this business of him doing this. I have bought a ton of parts from him he has always stood behind his work.

I also now have a 1,k dollar plus order with him at the moment should gone out today to me. Plus I would buy from him again and would tell anyone he will stand behind his work. Also I only know him from in the forum here. Robert
Old 03-18-2016, 03:55 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by robert miller
I know things happen but I have known Pat in here since before he got into this business of him doing this. I have bought a ton of parts from him he has always stood behind his work.

I also now have a 1,k dollar plus order with him at the moment should gone out today to me. Plus I would buy from him again and would tell anyone he will stand behind his work. Also I only know him from in the forum here. Robert
Tell him to stop making the same bs excuses to everyone then please. Just be honest & up front. It goes a long way. No one wants to be treated like an idiot.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:32 PM
zrracer
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 137 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '11, '14

Robert,
You state that you have an order with him that is supposed to ship today.
Why are you saying that you would buy from him again before you even get your order?
Why are you saying he will stand behind his work if you have not even gotten your order?
What is it important that you say you only know him from the forum?
I don't think you and Pat thought this reply out before you posted it.
I am thinking your post is a little suspect to say the least.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:14 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

I received the part today. Finally.

Last edited by Never-Enough; 03-19-2016 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:02 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by zrracer
Robert,
Why are you saying that you would buy from him again before you even get your order?
Why are you saying he will stand behind his work if you have not even gotten your order?
What is it important that you say you only know him from the forum?
Man I have bought in the past for my c5 about a good 3,k. He has always backed up what he has told me in the past. He replaced one piece for me in the past even paid for shipping.

From my past dealings with him I am sure I will be 100% happy with my new interior parts from him for the c7 in my car.

If not & for some reason he don't take care of it I will post in here for sure. Believe me in the past I have gotten about 120 day vacation for talking about a X vendor in here that told me bull shi* and didn't do what he said he would do. Robert
Old 03-18-2016, 11:13 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by zrracer
Robert,
Why are you saying that you would buy from him again before you even get your order? I HAVE ORDER FROM HIM IN THE PAST AT LEAST 5 R 6 DIFF TIME FOR THE C5
Why are you saying he will stand behind his work if you have not even gotten your order? IN THE PAST AFTER A NUMBER OF MONTHS HE TOOK BACK A PIECE AND EVEN PAID THE SHIPPING A NUMBER OF YEARS AGO.
What is it important that you say you only know him from the forum? I DONT WANT YOU ARE ANY ONE THINKING THAT ME & HIM ARE ANY MORE THAN YOU AND HIM THAT IS WHY.
MAN TO EACH HIS ON.

I didn't come in here to do any more than to tell other people what he has done for me and also a ton of other people in here.

I know it is no excuse to a point but I think Pat does this as a small side business. Now with that said if he had a family member of any kind sick are what ever. I know what would come first to me and you also.

Yes he should email a person and say sickness in family & a date that he is thinking the part would get to the customer. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 03-18-2016 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:19 PM
viperz0677
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My head hurts on this one lol
Old 04-13-2016, 04:44 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
I have no idea whjy there was a second active thread on this...

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 04-13-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Not good dealing with American Hydrocarbon...

Quick Reply: Not good dealing with American Hydrocarbon...