Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Problems with CORVETTEMODS.COM -- terrible service and Liars.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 11:04 PM
lucas5652
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems with CORVETTEMODS.COM -- terrible service and Liars.

Long time member to this page . normally I am giving praise to all the vendors i buy from- But in this case i am looking to see if anyone else has had this issue with Corvette Mods LLC.

I spoke to Shane or shawn ( not sure what his name is) spoke to him for about 20 minutes to get a good list of parts i wanted. after speaking with him i told him i had a local vendor that could get me my carbon fiber spoiler and other parts within 2-3 weeks. Corvette mod Shane said thats not a problem as your order will go out within 2-3 weeks - I said thats great and i will order from you as i have ordered parts from them in the past. Well here are are at week 5 and still no parts.

So i called them up and spoke to another person and told her my issue she stated - sorry but those parts will not go out for another 4-8 weeks and your out of luck. so i stated i wanted to cancel the order as i felt like i was lied to as she stated all of these parts takes that long. She would not cancel my order as i had to speak to the sales person.
So she transferred me back shane- he stated well i don't know how long it will take to get these parts in and we will not cancel an order . He stated its not my fault - Well it is his part because he stated to me it would be to me in 2-3 week , not 8-12 weeks. he told me what i wanted to hear just to take my money-
After he stated he would not cancel my order i asked him the ETA - he stated he would call the people who make the parts and call me back within 24 hours- i said are you sure your timeline is correct as your first time you told me an ETA to get my parts you were incorrect. He stated I will call you within 24 hours----- well its been 4 days and still no call back.

I'm i the only one that has had this issue with these guys?
I have a few corvettes and like to add on parts to make them stand out.
looking for any help from my fellow members.

UPDATE STATUS:

HERES THE NEWEST UPDATE. yesterday i finally got a call back from the sales person , they stated my order will go out within 1-2 weeks and be mailed directly to me. I said that was fine.
This morning i get another call stating they are canceling my order --- This is after over 4 weeks dealing with them and them having my money ( that i do not care about)
They stated the owner got word of my conversation on here and does not wish to keep my order and will be refunding my money--

This just clarifies my thoughts about this company- I have bought tons of parts from them over the years and this is how they treat a bad transaction--

Stay clear of these people - ( in my opinion) best of luck to everyone else.

Thanks

Last edited by lucas5652; 04-13-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:20 PM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 265 Posts

Carbon Fiber parts are almost ALWAYS made per order, I've had to wait 8 weeks for CF myself. I've used Corvette Mods many times and have always received excellent service.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Dale kess
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your not alone I had ordered a hood liner from them and when it arrived it was damaged ! I called and said they would make a claim against the carrier . 2 months later I got a credit to my credit card ..,Live and learn never again
Old 04-12-2016, 12:11 AM
Joe_Spoolin
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lucas5652
Long time member to this page . normally I am giving praise to all the vendors i buy from- But in this case i am looking to see if anyone else has had this issue with Corvette Mods LLC.

I spoke to Shane or shawn ( not sure what his name is) spoke to him for about 20 minutes to get a good list of parts i wanted. after speaking with him i told him i had a local vendor that could get me my carbon fiber spoiler and other parts within 2-3 weeks. Corvette mod Shane said thats not a problem as your order will go out within 2-3 weeks - I said thats great and i will order from you as i have ordered parts from them in the past. Well here are are at week 5 and still no parts.

So i called them up and spoke to another person and told her my issue she stated - sorry but those parts will not go out for another 4-8 weeks and your out of luck. so i stated i wanted to cancel the order as i felt like i was lied to as she stated all of these parts takes that long. She would not cancel my order as i had to speak to the sales person.
So she transferred me back shane- he stated well i don't know how long it will take to get these parts in and we will not cancel an order . He stated its not my fault - Well it is his part because he stated to me it would be to me in 2-3 week , not 8-12 weeks. he told me what i wanted to hear just to take my money-
After he stated he would not cancel my order i asked him the ETA - he stated he would call the people who make the parts and call me back within 24 hours- i said are you sure your timeline is correct as your first time you told me an ETA to get my parts you were incorrect. He stated I will call you within 24 hours----- well its been 4 days and still no call back.

I have a few corvettes and like to add on parts to make them stand out.
looking for any help from my fellow members.

Thanks
I ordered zr1 fenders from them. Absolute garbage. I had a body shop spend 20 hours on them to get them mounted to my car. Absolute trash company. They never got back with me after trying to contact them.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:45 AM
Nicksc6z06
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by choppychop
Carbon Fiber parts are almost ALWAYS made per order, I've had to wait 8 weeks for CF myself. I've used Corvette Mods many times and have always received excellent service.
Your looking way better then me I ordered a zr1 rear spoiler ,carbon fiber I'm on month number 5 and it still isn't right
Old 04-12-2016, 08:08 AM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

No. And mine was not a carbon fiber order, but a general item. Didn't arrive when promised; called, they said it was "on the truck" - but UPS didn't even receive it for over 3-weeks PAST THAT date. Now this was a $120 part, so I didn't get too upset. Just wasn't worth my time & energy.
They flat out lied to me - no doubt.
However if it had been more expensive, all bets off...
Best of luck.
Originally Posted by lucas5652
Old 04-12-2016, 08:32 AM
Black94LT1
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In 10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'14

I think this is why they are no longer a vendor here. My issues were around poor quality parts (LED lights) and the ordeal of trying to explain the issues to them, I think their strategy is to make returns difficult and most people won't bother.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:44 AM
erfayard
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was thinking of ordering a spoiler from them soon....this makes me really think hard about using them.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:40 AM
MadVette17
Instructor

I'm with you, that company will never get one more cent of my money! Their products are a joke, and so is their customer service. I ordered several things from them and nothing worked and they refused to let me send them back for a refund.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:48 AM
vettpapaw
Melting Slicks

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts

I was on fleabay a few days ago and saw a part I wanted. Then I saw it was from CM, I didn't order due to other posts I have seen here. I guess the members here can make a difference in some company's bottom line....
Old 04-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Suprfly
Instructor

Sorry for your luck, had bad experience myself, thankfully it was only a $45 part. Glad they are not a vendor anymore and threads like this can be seen. I posted abut CM after my experience when they were a vendor and my thread was quickly locked down and was issued a warning.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:27 PM
LoganExplosion
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 112 Posts

I had to have an item replaced. Was told on the phone to mail defective unit back and it'd be replaced. Did that, waited, waited and nothing. Weeks go by, I call and talk to some lady that gave me a "well how do I know where it is?" type response. HOW WOULD I KNOW WHERE YOUR COMPANY PUTS THINGS, LADY? Guess if it's not directly under the nose of the person taking the call they don't believe you.. "It's somewhere in the building and right now you're very cold."
Old 04-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Nicksc6z06
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah they were no help to me at all 5 months in the making and we still don't have it correct ... The first spoiler after waiting 3 months which I didn't no it would be that long , was all scratched and faded right out of the box . So a month later they sent me a replacement which then was wrong also cause the 2 center molded studs were way off . And now I'm at one month after that and don't even have my part . But they were very fast on taking my money though
Old 04-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

I've had good luck in general. The most recent purchase I made from them were the painted door handles. The first pair I got, the color was way off (Victory Red). After some emailing back and forth, they set me up with a new pair (custom painted, so it took a while). I'm happy to say I received good service from them, and the second pair matched perfectly. I guess you just have to have patience for certain things...
Old 04-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Nick_04k
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Not cancelling the order is absolute ********. I would never buy from a company that wont cancel an order even when they cant tell you when they can fulfill it. I would file a dispute with your credit card company.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:28 PM
NitrousMan
Burning Brakes

I would go back to my credit card company and tell them to deny the payment. This is why I always try to pay with a credit card so I have some recourse if they try to screw me. I can only play nice for so long then I just want it over with.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:31 PM
lucas5652
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. I do know that carbon fiber parts take longer … but when someone tells you yes it will be to you in 2-3 weeks i normally add another week, but still come on. they just straight up lied. I finally got a call back today and they said " oh we called you" after about 5 minutes he back peddled and said that he must have called the wrong person. still no sorries or anything . Crap company and lesson learned to never use them again.

Get notified of new replies

To Problems with CORVETTEMODS.COM -- terrible service and Liars.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:27 PM
droopster01ss
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info
Old 04-13-2016, 12:24 AM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

I've had dealings with them before but that was a few years ago. At that time there were no problems at all. But what I do find interesting is that they have yet to chime in here to protect their reputation. Maybe they have nothing to add here?
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2016, 01:20 AM
Skanlez
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for this post, I won't be giving them my business.

Quick Reply: Problems with CORVETTEMODS.COM -- terrible service and Liars.