Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

BEWARE: Maryland Speed "Flash" sale is kinda Bull

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 11:29 PM
subframebushings
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE: Maryland Speed "Flash" sale is kinda Bull

Yesterday night I went onto their site to look at C6 packages. I was prompted in chat by Branden F- Support Operator stating if you buy now you'll get a "flash sale".

I inquired about the $1847 package for kooks headers and an intake ($100 more for intake on C6) so $1947. But I wanted catless so he offered $300 less, total for catless and intake is now $1547. I then ask for the "flash sale". He says that's it. Well most companies sell systems for about $200-$300 without the cats. No response to the additional "flash" discount. I asked about forum member discounts and he said no I believe.

Well I log back on today and again was prompted with a chat box, I inquired about the package from yesterday and he says "that package is gone" I ask what do you mean? He says he does not make the same deal twice! I was shocked, found this to be rude and not business like, like he did not care to take $1500 bucks from me, ok.

I said, there is not policy that says this or is visible on their site and he said I "rolled" out on him and didn't give him a chance to explain. Well it was past midnight and I said I had to think about it, I did not say bye so he is using that against me even though he did not say that directly.

Then he said I tried to "extort" him by saying I was a forum member asking for any additional discounts. This was really rude.

I told him about the price break down and that there was really no additional "flash" discount because $2-300 off is the norm without cats. I asked this MULTIPLE times and he beats around the bush and does not give a solid answer. I told him I would take this to the forums. Sad, they just lost a potential new customer entering the modding scene. I'll pay more for better service. Please "we don't offer the same deal twice". It was less than 24 hours, I did not feel comfortable spending over a thousand dollars past midnight without sleeping on it.

They may have good deals, but be weary of the "flash" sale and the person on the chat window. It's not really a deal and if you forget to say bye they will be rude to you. Trying to warn other members but I'll be putting on the flame suite.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:25 AM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Actually the "Flash sale" is exactly what it is.

We start these chats with "We can offer you a Flash Sale Discount if you are ready to buy now".

You asked for a package that is not on the site. Normally the intake/headers/X-pipe package is catted only. You wanted off road, which normally do not do. It was late, and I was interested, so I worked out a flash sale for those parts to hit a sales number for the day that was $350 off. You asked what the "flash sale price" was. I told you the $350 included that and normally we don't do this package in off road. We never did drill down to an exact shipped price with sales tax. You messaged me that that would mean the package was a little under $1500. I pointed out you never factored in that you needed the LS3 intake which cost $100 more. When I pointed that out, basically you just said "I have to think about it more" and abruptly left the chat.

Normally I would say that was a one time offer (which is what Flash Sale implies), but you left the chat with no warning or chance to respond. You did ask several times during the chat what the "flash sale" price was. To me that indicated you got the idea.

Two days later (i.e. last night), you emailed looking for "the package you were quoted, which was a little under $1500 shipped". I happened to get you on the chat again just by chance not 20 minutes later from that email. When it opened, I did not know who you were. Then you started asking for the price on the package with the off road x-pipe again and the "flash sale" price like we had not talked before. However this immediately set the alarm off who you were.

Now remember as posted above..customer has no idea what "flash sale means".

At this point, in my mind, here is the calculus. First this guy abruptly closed the chat on me two nights before after I worked out a quote. Second, in the previous chat, he himself came up with a price that was too low, and when I corrected him left the chat. Third, he is emailing us expecting the same too low quote after we corrected that last time we talked.

Lastly, the offer was a flash sale. It is not a "Buy Days later" sale. It is not a "Call me back sale". The funny thing is..everyone understands the concept, until they pass on a sale, then want to try and hold us to the quote later. Then it turns into lets act like we have no clue what "I can give you a FLASH SALE discount if you are ready to buy now" actually defined.

Given all this, in my mind, moving forward with actual money changing hands with this guy can lead to nothing good for me.

So based on that, I told you the package we discussed as a flash sale was no longer available. You immediately got mad and said-

"Where does it say "if you don't buy now you don't get a discount ever again" and no you never told me I had to buy now. Even if this was true you should make a disclaimer on your site. I will be posting this on the forums to warn others. Screen shotted this as well. Create a policy and make it known. Period"
First off, all the chats where we off there start with saying "we can give you a flash sale discount if you are ready to buy now". After kinda almost negotiating a price, you left the chat saying "you had to think about it" without giving me a chance to discuss any further terms of the offer you discussed.

Additionally, the message above you sent me reeks of give me my way or I am gonna blast you on the forums. You were using the threat of a forum post to get a price we do not publically offer, and you walked away from days ago. Then you got mad because I called you on that attempt to extort me.

This is really pretty simple. I have no issue giving people discounts, or helping them out. The flash sale is legit, and if you are ready to buy, you can get a nice deal. However, we do not hold prices, or negotiate over multiple days. It is not worth it for the price we offer. We have a website price, and you are welcome to pay that any time.

I tried to help this guy with a flash sale, and making a package we don't offer, and he straight left the chat on me. Then days later he comes back with fuzzy numbers trying to get an even better price than we even offered initially. I put my foot down and it turns into this mess?

Last edited by MarylandSpeed; 04-26-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:41 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Both parties responded.

Get notified of new replies

To BEWARE: Maryland Speed "Flash" sale is kinda Bull