Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

CAUTION- Eckler's summer "sale" prices are phony!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 01:35 AM
mike11
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default CAUTION- Eckler's summer "sale" prices are phony!

I'm not one to usually call vendors out when I'm unhappy with them, business isn't always perfect and I completely understand that. But for the last couple weeks I have been putting together a list of parts for my '79 that I've been waiting to submit in a bulk order. I recorded part numbers and prices EXCLUSIVELY on Eckler's Corvette site. Noticing Eckler's was advertising a sitewide summer sale, I decided now was the time and added everything to my online "cart".

However, I came to find that all the prices BEFORE the discount code was applied had been MARKED UP the exact percentage which would negate the applied "discount coupon" code they were advertising. Upon applying the discount code, the prices dropped back to the total of what I would have normally paid before their supposed "sale". Eckler's should be ashamed of their marketing tactics here fixing their prices to counteract their advertised sale.

BUYER BEWARE!
Old 08-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Raptor119
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I have seen them pull other questionable games in the past and I long ago decided to not deal with them. To further add to it I went to a "swap met" they had back in the 90s at their store. Biggest disappointment I have ever had for a car show/swap meet.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Pop Chevy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 784 Likes on 536 Posts
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified

That seems to be a business model that I am seeing more and more of today in all kinds of stores. ya gotta know your prices.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:26 PM
vettpapaw
Melting Slicks

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts

Not a big fan....
Old 08-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

I was checking out prices on the C O R V E T T E letters and saw Ecklers had a much better price than the others. I went to order them but the shipping costs were very expensive (I don't recall exactly how much) and much more than other vendors were charging for shipping and that negated the good price on the letters.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:42 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts

As far as I can tell almost all the Corvette suppliers do this. I get email spam (that I've opted into) from 4 or 5 of the major suppliers and they all have a constant barrage of so-called "sales".

It does seem like around July 4 and the Holidays there are "actual" sales, though.

On CorvetteMods, you should do some searches on here and some of the other Corvette forums; there's enough complaints to be worried.

When you're paying what we're paying for parts, the question is not what happens when everything goes right, but what happens when things go wrong. In my, admittedly limited experience, no one tries harder than Willcox to make things right when they go wrong and no one volunteers more free helpful info and recommendations on here than Willcox. (Their website can be painful and certainly isn't as pretty as some others, but the pretty website people have left me hanging quite a few times.)

My $0.02,
Adam

Last edited by NewbVetteGuy; 08-07-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:39 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

Not to mention that they are about 20% more expensive for the same parts everyone else sells.

Last edited by chstitans42; 08-07-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:53 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I lived close to ecklers and mail order parts from other places,

Willcox who happens to be a supporting vendor and is always helping with tech of all sorts is still a place you can call and talk to a corvette person,

He got me a bird cage part that no one else could,
Old 08-08-2017, 01:03 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Moving to Transaction Feedback.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Bill Pilon
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 136 Posts

I've dealt with Wilcox for several years with no problems, I've dealt with most of the others also in the 37 years I've had my Vette with hit and miss results, but Wilcox has always been above and beyond all of them.

There are a few major players in this game I would not waste the time it takes to call them.

Bill
Old 08-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Pilon
I've dealt with Wilcox for several years with no problems, I've dealt with most of the others also in the 37 years I've had my Vette with hit and miss results, but Wilcox has always been above and beyond all of them.

Bill
I ordered a 78-82 steering wheel from Willcox in pace car silver with satin spokes and they phoned me up and said I couldn't get the pace car silver with satin spokes, if I wanted to have pace car silver I had to get a wheel with chrome spokes and that was correct for a pace car anyway. I foolishly bought it from them with chrome spokes and now I'm stuck with something that isn't what I wanted and isn't correct for a pace car anyway.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:49 PM
HOOAH
1969/1971/1976 Coupes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Wilcox is always my first choice as well. I even received a phone call from them one time (after I placed my online order) explaining to me that the part I ordered was much more expensive and wouldn't fit as well as another same part they carried for a much more inexpensive price. Sold me that afternoon.

They also sold me a difficult to find used part (air conditioning duct mechanism) they had in their shop that they needed for one of their builds but sold it to me to satisfy my needs. They said they would EBAY another one.

Personal preference but they are my go-to folks!

Terry
Old 08-09-2017, 06:58 PM
OLE442
Safety Car

Location: Way too effing close to the city.......NRA Life Member!
Received 269 Likes on 173 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Just bought some items from Ecklers and after I checked out I noticed that the 10% off code appeared to only be about %5 and I emailed them to question this, They stated the below answer in their reply:

that some products are priced to low already and have a maximum discount allowed that may be under the 10% that we are offering on the website. Just like some products are not discountable at all. But we do state it in the details so there is no misunderstanding.
I think I will avoid them in the future and use Wilcox. I guess I should have read the fine print but it will be easier to avoid Ecklers in the future.

Last edited by OLE442; 08-09-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:30 PM
swag
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting... I joined their "Chevy" club so I could get 10% off stuff. I called them several times because it wasn't working.

At about the fourth call, I gave up and won't by their "Chevy" club again!

Even more recent. I bought a "pair" of radiator mounts. Really a really thick rubber hose that was cut about an inch. When I got it for my project there wasn't two. I called them to tell them that there was only one and I needed it for my radiator project (this was early last week). She was really nice and said that she would have it shipped out right away. Two days later I get a bitchy woman leaving a message saying something along the line that they were a pair and acted like I was trying to cheat them or something. But, she said that she would ship it anyway to appease me.

I just got them delivered today!

I am so lucky that I didn't need them. I still had the original's on the car.

Oh, and the one I got today was not a pair. Maybe they were thinking of the fruit or something?

I am pretty much done with Ecklers. Hope I won't have the case where they are the only company who has a part I need.

Last edited by swag; 08-09-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To CAUTION- Eckler's summer "sale" prices are phony!