Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware of eBay tpi_parts Cape Coral FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 07:14 PM
Tsumi
Drifting

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

The real question is, why did you wait so long to make a claim?
Old 01-28-2018, 07:20 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,307 Likes on 13,978 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moving this to Transactions Feedback and closing this down as no one has first hand knowledge of this transaction and the vendor will not reply since they are not a forum vendor.

Edit: Re-opened the thread to allow the vendor, now a forum member, to respond.

Last edited by Vetteman Jack; 02-02-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:33 AM
91BlueZ
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I am the owner of TPI Parts. We are a small auto salvage operation. PNWGuy ordered a C5 quarter panel from us on Ebay back in late September. He recently emailed us saying that he would be posting about his experience with this transaction online. I'm a big believer in free speech, and have no problem with him posting that he is unhappy with his purchase. However, what he has posted on here is in my opinion a very distorted version of what happened.

First of all, I have at no point in time spoken to him with anything less than total respect. I was the person emailing him each time (I have around a dozen emails from him), and never once said 'f**k off', or anything else that could be considered rude, much less vulgar.

Before purchasing, he asked what year it was off of, noting that there was more than one silver. I replied that this was removed from a 1999, and that I thought the color was 'light silver metallic'. The word silver in the ad was not intended to show the exact color option from GM, it is a general search term. He is aware of this, as he emailed to clarify the color before buying. When he received it, he emailed saying it wasn't from a 1999. Since this is a convertible quarter panel (its different from the coupe quarter panel), and we had only disassembled one convertible C5 at that point in time, there was no way we could have mixed it up. Its the only convertible quarter panel we had for the driver side. I replied with a screenshot of the auction the vehicle came from which showed the VIN number, a picture of the RPO sheet from the car, and a screenshot of the website that listed the color as 'light silver metallic' (cars.com).

He insisted that we screwed up the order or misrepresented the quarter panel. I pointed out that he bought an 18 year old used body panel, and the item description stated that quarter panel had chips and scratches in the paint and may need to be repainted. I also pointed out that even if he had ordered a panel that was the same color as his car (Sebring silver metallic), it still might need to be painted/blended to match considering the age of the car. He said that he wouldn't have a problem painting it for chips/scratches, but that this was a different scenario.

At this point, he began to argue on what the colors should be named (as if I had control over naming the colors), and how they are misleading because the color with the word 'light' in it should be the lighter of the two silvers available on a C5. He claimed there is no silver tone that is lighter than the silver used on his Corvette. The screenshot that he posted and presented as our initial response was actually part of my reply to his argument on what the colors should be called.

The sole issue with accepting the return, is who is responsible for covering shipping. This was a $125 quarter panel, and shipping was around $200 to ship from us in southern Florida, to Washington state. He wanted us to refund the total transaction amount, and cover return shipping.

In mid November, he opened a case through both Ebay and Paypal at the same time. Ebay closed the case in our favor. Paypal closed the case in the buyer's favor, and asked him to return the quarter panel. Within 12 hours of Paypal siding in his favor, he noted in the Paypal Resolution Center that he had shipped it back, but failed to provide a carrier or tracking number. The window that Paypal gave him to send it back expired, without the quarter panel coming in. Paypal closed the case in our favor at that point.

As I mentioned before, I've got no problem with a buyer posting a vendor review regardless of whether they have something positive or negative to say. I'm just not ok with someone manipulating the story to fit their needs. Hopefully hearing the other side to this story can help folks decide for themselves on what happened here.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:32 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Vendor has responded, thread will be closed per site rules. Additional updates provided by the OP or the vendor can be added.

Quick Reply: Beware of eBay tpi_parts Cape Coral FL