Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Another Maryland Speed disaster

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 01:15 PM
ChrisLSx
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Default Another Maryland Speed disaster

Absolutely WORST company/customer service I have EVER dealt with in my life!

I ordered a set of un-coated Kooks 1-7/8 C5 headers (and catless X) on 11/11/2017.

- I initially ordered the headers un-coated as I was told they would ship that week (un-coated = no delay).
- 2 weeks later I called in wondering where my headers were and I was told there had been a "miscommunication due to a prior employee" and that the minimum time to get un-coated headers was 3-4 weeks. Needless to say I was a bit irked but Brandon swore up and down that they would be shipped from his distributor no later than 4 weeks. At this point I told him to hold off shipping, send them to coating and I'd pay the difference (in the interim between ordering the headers my wife had a baby, my dad died and we received an offer on our house... so headers could wait). He agreed and I was given an estimated 6-8 weeks (from date of initial order).
- Fast forward to Monday of week 9 and still no headers. I email Maryland Speed and Brandon says he will "check on it and get back to me". Never hear back.
- Week 10, I call and Brandon gives me this sob story about how they are short handed and all of these "customer complaints" are backlogging him from getting the headers out the door (WTF??? On week 2 he told me that the headers go direct from his distributor to the coaters). I call him out on it and he backtracks saying the headers are at the coaters but he's waiting on them to clear "quality control".
- Week 11 comes, I call and Brandon again says he is waiting on them to clear QC but he is "pushing" for them to ship on Friday 2/2/2018.
- So today, now week 12 I call wanting to know where my headers are and Brandon says he has been emailing his coaters but they won't reply. I ask him for their phone number and he immediately says "NO! I'm not having you call my coater!" He quickly starts to give me another sob story about how he's short handed and I cut him off mid-sentence. I give him my ultimatum: "Either I have a tracking number tomorrow afternoon or I cancel my order" to which he says "fine, I'm canceling your order now and hangs up."

So, end result was 12 weeks of BS run around and nothing to show for it. Fortunately my bank (USAA) has no time limit on contesting credit card charges (I called them way back on week 8 to confirm) so they have already begun the process of refunding me the money.

Fair warning to anyone out there, don't mess with Maryland Speed even if they offer to send you something for free. You will never see the part and go through a lot of frustration for it.

Last edited by ChrisLSx; 02-08-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:36 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

MS is no longer a Forum Vendor and will not be responding in this thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...landspeed.html

Quick Reply: Another Maryland Speed disaster