Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Billy Boat Exhausts - Two Thumbs Up!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 07:38 PM
Route99
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 863 Likes on 667 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
Default Billy Boat Exhausts - Two Thumbs Up!!

It’s nice to have connections! My sister has been friends with Billy Boat and his wife and family for 20+ years. Knowing how much I respected Billy’s Indy Car career and how much I liked his exhausts on our earlier Corvettes, she was nice enough to contact Billy to ask about my (our) seeing his manufacturing facility in Phoenix last month. Billy was a gracious host (even though we were keeping him past closing time), and showed my wife, my sister, her husband and me around his plant. Although I’m sure my questions (which seemed very insightful to me), were very basic, he took his time and patiently answered each one. Most importantly, when I asked him about the different B&B exhausts for our C5, he showed me each of the models, explained the differences in each and even made a recommendation when I told him our goals for our new exhaust.
I was already considering the B&B PRT exhaust for our C5 even before the tour and after the tour was even more convinced so after returning to North Carolina placed my order.
So, we just finished the installation of the Billy Boat PRT exhaust on my car, replacing the NXT exhaust that was there. What a difference! The NXT was ok but when I changed to the non-cat Kooks X pipes they were too loud and developed a drone.
The new PRT exhaust is “authoritative” when starting the engine and settles into a nice, noticeable, but not overwhelming, idle. When cruising, it is very unobtrusive and we are not getting any drone. Here’s a brief clip of the idle.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
C5 Exhaust-New-PRT.mov (4.74 MB, 52 views)

Last edited by Route99; 02-22-2018 at 07:58 PM. Reason: typo