Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Ecklers Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 03:38 PM
caryb78
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Ecklers Service

Maybe its just me but it seems that Ecklers is having more items not in stock. If you order from then ask if the item is in stock. If it isnt go somewhere else. I just waited 8 weeks for an item that I ordered from Ecklers but was shipping from vendor. When I called to ask about status i was told they couldnt help me since it was coming from vendor. They didnt have any trouble taking the payment though.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:02 PM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,836 Likes on 1,783 Posts

I have found this as well caryb, with a few vendors. I'm disappointed that they will take my payment, then follow up a week later with a message that my part is on back order and should show up in a month or so. When this happens I insist on an immediate refund and source the part from somewhere else. Nobody likes to be chumped by a supplier.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:16 PM
MacRoadie
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg
I have found this as well caryb, with a few vendors. I'm disappointed that they will take my payment, then follow up a week later with a message that my part is on back order and should show up in a month or so. When this happens I insist on an immediate refund and source the part from somewhere else. Nobody likes to be chumped by a supplier.
I've found this too. Seems many "vendors" nowadays are really just middlemen working from a home office or out of their own garage, with little to no actual stock. Beauty of the internet I guess. Most seem to source from the same suppliers too. I'm at the point where once I've found an item I want, I'll first go to eBay to see if the supplier/manufacturer has an online store there, or I'll go to Amazon and do the same. Turns out many (like Boostane for example) do sell om those online venues and if you find they do, you're better guaranteed that it will be in stock. You also don't have to wait for the order to pass through an unnecessary middle man (even if it is being shipped direct to you).

This part of the forum is littered with posts about members waiting months and months for items to ship, only to find the failure lies between the online "vendor" and the actual supplier.

Last edited by MacRoadie; 04-30-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Ecklers Service

Quick Reply: Ecklers Service