Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Apsis issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 01:00 PM
Beef97
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Apsis issues

Hey everyone just wanted to get some feedback/opinions on my transactions with Apsis over the last few weeks. They were selling a used set of 2012 ZR1 seat skins on the for sale section of the forum and were advertised as "Super Mint". I asked what would be needed to swap them into my 2010 GS and he responded that all I would need is the new seat back foam and he had them available for purchase for $100 each. I probably should have done more research but had no reason to doubt him since he does this (interior work) for a profession. I worked out a deal and bought the skins and both seat back foams from him. He quoted me nearly $100 in shipping charges and when I asked him why it was so high, he somehow managed to knock $10 off (seemed strange). Anyways, the box arrived on time and upon inspection I learned that the seat foam wasn't brand new, it was used from the same ZR1. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the foams would be new since I can buy them online (and did later on) BRAND NEW for right around $100. I didn't expect him to sell me a used seat foam for the same price of a brand new one. I later discovered that the seat foam had a 4 inch tear in it and the leather had a stain (will try to include pictures). Curious as to how these EVER got labeled as "Super Mint". Of course in the for sale section there were no pictures of the stain or the tear. This is the same foam that I paid $100 for.

I then tried to put everything together and became aware that it wasn't going to work. The foams for 2012 are all (bottom, back and middle) different than the 2010. I asked him about this and he claimed that he didn't know. He offered to send me all of the 2012 seat foams in exchange for my 2010 foams and I agreed. I packaged them up and sent them off to him via FedEx. AFTER they were sent, he sends me an email wondering if my seats had heat. I replied that they didn't and then he wanted to charge me extra due to my seats not having heat. I was not happy that he would do this AFTER the foams had already been sent out. I asked if he could just keep the heating elements from the 2012 foams and he wanted to charge me to do that as well, plus could not guarantee that the seats would survive the process of removal. This guy clearly cares about one thing and that is money. I ended up finding brand new foams elsewhere and installing everything myself. I sent back the foam that had a tear in it and he is refunding me the $100 but plans on keeping my foam that I sent to him. HUH??? How do you get to keep my foam after not holding up your end of the deal? After asking why he's keeping my foam and not sending it back to me he replied "That is my understanding". Not sure how he thinks he gets to keep my old foams for free after sending me a torn foam, stained leather and wrong information about 2012 seats fitting into 2010's. Will absolutely never do business with him again. Would never have bought the skins if I knew I would have to go through the process of buying ALL brand new foam so I ended up spending way more money than I thought all because of someone who was supposed to be a professional at what he does clearly has no clue what he is talking about and will say anything to make a sale. I have emails to back everything up and would be happy to post those as well should anyone have doubts. Thanks for listening to my rant!
Attached Images   
Old 05-11-2018, 02:22 PM
apsisusa
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 604 Likes on 408 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

We have tons of email exchanges and certainly there were some misunderstanding.

We never say it's brand new seat skin. It's from a ZR1 car and indeed the leather is super mint condition. We put it for sale on forum at whatever the price we asked for and then you offered us a price and we closed the deal. Nothing is abnormal.

Sorry I didn't know the 2012-13 forms were different from the earlier model years. In our thread, there was one customer responded to your question that he said the only difference was the seat back form and the bottom were the same. Both of us made the deal according to his comment. No intention is mislead anybody.

After you received the parts, you asked for the bottom forms and I told you no problem we could exchange for you. But by the time we received your forms we were surprised that your forms were not heated. Our forms were from a ZR1 seat so every ZR1 seat was heated. So I told you those forms won't work for us because if the future customers wanting us to build the high end sport seats then almost certain their seats will be heated. So I told you we could send them back to you. Then during the negotiation you asked if we could remove the heating elements and sent you the forms only. I did try to remove the heating elements but it's glued to forms strongly and if we indeed remove it then it would damage the form and we might not be able to reuse the heating elements again. So we discussed to share the loss to purchase new heating elements from GM and we just sent the forms with heating elements to you. But several weeks later you made your final decision to purchase the forms from somebody else. It's nothing to do with us that we mislead you.

Then later you reported there was a tear in the seat back form that we sent to you. The form was removed from the ZR1 seat and that was the original condition and I was not even aware of tear. Then you purchased another new form from somebody else and then you came back to ask for return/refund. In your email you mentioned that those stock forms from your seats you have no use. So you asked for refund and said we could keep your stock form. Therefore we agreed that we sent you the Fedex call-tag shipping label to bring back the seat back form. My understanding from your email was if we paid for return shipping and refund what you had paid then we could keep your stock forms and we would be even.

You may change your mind after you got the refund money and then coming back to ask for more money. But that is not my understanding. Otherwise we wouldn't send you the shipping label. There is no need for us to spend money to purchase your old stock foams.

We can send back your stock forms and you pay for the shipping plus reimburse the shipping we had paid for your return. If you agree to do so then we can end this dispute.

Overall, indeed we have some miscommunication. But we definitely didn't conduct dishonest business at all.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:40 PM
Beef97
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

This is the problem with you, you cannot admit when you are wrong. You are actually saying that I should be paying for the return shipping when YOU sold me a USED and TORN foam for the price of a brand new one?? What kind of customer service is that? Why would I pay to have it shipped back when it is your fault? Now, if I just didn't like it or didn't want it anymore and nothing was wrong with it then I would agree with you. The fact is that I didn't pay for a used, torn foam but you sold me one and when I discovered that it wasn't in the condition that you had promised ("Super Mint"), then it should be up to YOU to pay for the shipping back. Isn't that basic customer service or am I having some "miscommunication"?
Old 05-11-2018, 04:33 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Per the rules...both parties have replied and the thread will now be closed. Take it offline from here.

Get notified of new replies

To Apsis issues