Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Couple Weeks and nothing from RPI Designs? APR Carbon Aero Parts...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 06:19 PM
Can'tHave2MuchHP
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Couple Weeks and nothing from RPI Designs? APR Carbon Aero Parts...

Ordered some APR Carbon Aero pieces from RPI Designs a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything besides an order confirmation. Have emailed and used contact us page several times. Anybody have any similar experience? Wondering if I need to stop the AMEX payment...
Old 05-31-2018, 12:50 AM
wonka12_98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Call APR directly to get the status. I had several items on order through APR and had the same situation with delays. I called APR and explained I ordered from RPI and they were able to give me the current status on the parts and the reasons for the delay. My guess is the parts are backordered or delayed from APR. They can even verify for you that RPI made the order for you.

Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP
Ordered some APR Carbon Aero pieces from RPI Designs a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything besides an order confirmation. Have emailed and used contact us page several times. Anybody have any similar experience? Wondering if I need to stop the AMEX payment...
Old 06-01-2018, 10:23 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Paul is a great guy I have gotten a ton of parts from him. Some of the parts get out really fast others if he has to get parts in from someone else & then do his work to them. It will take some time for those I have also gotten really good stuff from him.

Like the other guy has said give him a call I think ext 2 he will always pick & talk to you. Again to me great guy.. Robert
Old 06-03-2018, 09:23 AM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

1- why not order from APR directly?
2 - this is typical of RPI - read the reviews in the feedback forum, this kind of customer service has been happening for years.
3-Good Luck
Old 06-03-2018, 01:38 PM
wonka12_98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

I can tell you why I didn't order directly from APR. The prices were much lower ordering from someone else. If you don't care about your money then by all means order from them. Maybe they have occasional sales but when I made my several thousand dollar purchase they didn't.

Originally Posted by 1968swbbigblock
2 - this is typical of RPI - read the reviews in the feedback forum, this kind of customer service has been happening for years.
3-Good Luck
Old 06-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Can'tHave2MuchHP
Pro

Originally Posted by wonka12_98
Call APR directly to get the status. I had several items on order through APR and had the same situation with delays. I called APR and explained I ordered from RPI and they were able to give me the current status on the parts and the reasons for the delay. My guess is the parts are backordered or delayed from APR. They can even verify for you that RPI made the order for you.
I finally got a reply from RPI. One of the parts I ordered is shipping out ASAP (Supposedly, we'll see on that). And the other part is back ordered and will ship end of June.
Originally Posted by robert miller
Paul is a great guy I have gotten a ton of parts from him. Some of the parts get out really fast others if he has to get parts in from someone else & then do his work to them. It will take some time for those I have also gotten really good stuff from him.

Like the other guy has said give him a call I think ext 2 he will always pick & talk to you. Again to me great guy.. Robert
This is pretty inline with what I've read. They're a pretty **** poor company until you get in charge of the head honcho(s).
Originally Posted by 1968swbbigblock
3-Good Luck
Because APR is MUCH more expensive, saved close to a thousand dollars by ordering from RPI, but I might consider other vendors next go-round.
Originally Posted by wonka12_98
I can tell you why I didn't order directly from APR. The prices were much lower ordering from someone else. If you don't care about your money then by all means order from them. Maybe they have occasional sales but when I made my several thousand dollar purchase they didn't.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:18 AM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP
I finally got a reply from RPI. One of the parts I ordered is shipping out ASAP (Supposedly, we'll see on that). And the other part is back ordered and will ship end of June.

This is pretty inline with what I've read. They're a pretty **** poor company until you get in charge of the head honcho(s).

Because APR is MUCH more expensive, saved close to a thousand dollars by ordering from RPI, but I might consider other vendors next go-round.

OK - I'll take my lumps. Nothing wrong with saving some money. That's pretty unusual from what I have seen from other manufacturers vs a drop ship reseller. Often the prices are the same.

FWIW - when I was looking around I found that you can buy APR through Amazon - free shipping, a little more expensive than RPI, big savings over APR's web prices and the return policy from Amazon is awesome coupled with free shipping and customer service that will answer you.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:14 PM
Can'tHave2MuchHP
Pro

Alright figured I'd update this thread with info..

I got a reply from RPI a few days after I started this thread and they said that one of the parts I ordered was shipping that day (Only took 2 weeks) and the other part was backordered but should get to me by end of June. I received the one part and all is well. Hopefully I get an update on the backordered part soon. So far, I'm so-so on the transaction...

Get notified of new replies

To Couple Weeks and nothing from RPI Designs? APR Carbon Aero Parts...

Quick Reply: Couple Weeks and nothing from RPI Designs? APR Carbon Aero Parts...