Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

RockAuto Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 04:27 PM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Default RockAuto Issues

I just wanted to let everyone know of my issues with Rock auto. This is not the first time, but surely the last.

I purchase some engine stuff from rock auto for my 2014 Z51. When received 50% of the parts did not fit because they are for a 6.2 engine 2013 and older and not the 2014 lt1. I have gone round and round with them only to have my complains closed with no action. I will never again go to their web site.
You can't even call them as they don't accept phone calls.
Everything is done via email and I suspect that I may be communicating with some foreigner.( Not The Band).
Two main issue were the piston rings. they were different height and the head gaskets is missing cooling hole and the holes for the dowel pin are on the bottom bolt where on my lt1 are on the top.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:55 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 489 Likes on 372 Posts

i had ordered some window regulators for our 98 grand prix and they were made in china and the packaging had a label warning of carcinogens on the parts. since my wife was currently going through chemo, now known as kemo-sabi, i contacted them to ship back the parts. because they were not defective, in their eyes, they would not give me a return authorization. so...i called my credit card and explained the situation and they promptly pulled the charges. it was no time that they sent me a return authorization. last time i bought from them.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:56 PM
StancyPants
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

That's funny. Last week I ordered a transmission mount for my year and trim 4runner exactly as listed on their site; low and behold it didn't fit.. they have the wrong transmission mount listed. I ordered another one but it's annoying and could have been avoided.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:00 PM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

They must have some type of a scam with shipping as My order came from 5 different warehouses, each with a separate shipping fee. For 3.2 lbs total of parts, it cost me over $32 in shipping.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:19 PM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Sleazy Rider
i had ordered some window regulators for our 98 grand prix and they were made in china and the packaging had a label warning of carcinogens on the parts. since my wife was currently going through chemo, now known as kemo-sabi, i contacted them to ship back the parts. because they were not defective, in their eyes, they would not give me a return authorization. so...i called my credit card and explained the situation and they promptly pulled the charges. it was no time that they sent me a return authorization. last time i bought from them.
I lived in Conroe and Cut n Shoot

Last edited by Dale002; 06-15-2018 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:13 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

i actually live in Montgomery county about 3 miles east of the woodlands mall, beyond chateau woods. we only have a conroe mailing address.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:43 PM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Work took me there, a long long time ago. know the area, that's heading toward San Jacinto river, Rented a house on river bend, only because when I signed the lease the river behind the house was a nice creek, then it rained for a few days and it became a rampage river overnight.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:33 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dale002
when I signed the lease the river behind the house was a nice creek, then it rained for a few days and it became a rampage river overnight.

yep...that happens here a lot. our little creek is one house over, 1 acre lots, and is 14 feet below the roadway but when harvey hit the creek was 2 feet above the road and backing up to our sidewalk.

stay dry, my friend!!!
Old 06-17-2018, 08:51 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

never heard of issues with Rock before, i know many people that order
and i have myself, and no issues. just my 2 pennies
Old 06-18-2018, 09:16 AM
bravo29
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Never will I do business with them again. Bought 2 lower control arms for a dodge charger. Arrived late and were wrong. No number to call and got tired of the back and fourth email garbage.

They stated that the part was right until I sent them pictures of the old ones and their so called new ones. You were able to see the dam arm was almost 1 inch shorter and the bushing was way smaller.

They wanted to say it was a new improved design. Called my bank they issued a refund. Never heard from rockauto again.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:50 AM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bravo29
Never will I do business with them again. Bought 2 lower control arms for a dodge charger. Arrived late and were wrong. No number to call and got tired of the back and fourth email garbage.

They stated that the part was right until I sent them pictures of the old ones and their so called new ones. You were able to see the dam arm was almost 1 inch shorter and the bushing was way smaller.

They wanted to say it was a new improved design. Called my bank they issued a refund. Never heard from rockauto again.
Same here, I sent pictures and they even answered saying they can see the different but their description said it fits, I f i had not opened the package I could send it back at my cost. However, I had to open the package to use the part. Is a win win for them and loose loose for the customer. Look.... I use them a few years ago with no issue, I have seen how they have change their policy to benefit them and screw the customer whom has no way but to deal with them from afar via email. Most just give up and that is what they are counting on. Not me, I will be calling my bank today!
Old 06-19-2018, 04:38 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Thanks all for posting this as i might have used them but are now off my list,
I dont care what type smoke and mirrors are used as excuses if some outfit doesnt accept phone calls the simple reason is to keep the customer further at their mercybecause they have so many problems,
Professinal companies we can call. Scammers we cant...
Old 06-22-2018, 03:24 PM
billetproof97'
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a multifunction switch from them months ago and I feel like its not working brand new as it should. But I'm stuck with it. I knew I should of bought else where but it was cheaper at rockauto.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:20 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

I tend to only buy consumables like spark plugs, brake pads, etc., and small items from them. Haven't had any problems with those.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:29 AM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

I got them removed from one local business that had then in their vendor list. Not so much for what they done to me but because they have screwed then as well and my story and what they read on here encourage them to finally remove them. Saving a few bucks is not worth being scammed on shipping to get the parts, scammed on return shipping because since it's never their fault,
customer has to pay for return shipping and the hassle in dealing with some idiot on line. NO Thanks, I'm done with them.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:55 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-rockauto.html

Weird. Only mention of issues was someone mentioned that they would give you the right part but from a different brand. At that time, most everyone was singing praises of them.

To be fair, I bought 3 cables for my Ford Excursion with a diesel engine. 2 of them were excursion specific cables but the 3rd was a ground cable off an F350. That odd one was a substitution I discovered since there was no tech support. All came with Ford packaging so that was a clean deal for me. Prices were the best I could get but my finger was on the "trigger" for the credit card dispute line.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:55 AM
ls777z
Burning Brakes

Received 315 Likes on 231 Posts

I've purchased a couple of items from but so far they were for a couple of 80's cars. Wonder if it's the newer stuff they cant get right?
Old 07-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Here is something else they did to me!
I open a case with them one week after I received the parts at which time I couldn't return it as they had locked me out of that feature of their online return. They kept researching it until the 30 days return expired and now they won't take it back it's been 30 days so they said, tough luck and have a nice days! They just kept running me in circles.

Last edited by Dale002; 07-01-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:25 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by Dale002
Here is something else they did to me!
I open a case with them one week after I received the parts at which time I couldn't return it as they had locked me out of that feature of their online return. They kept researching it until the 30 days return expired and now they won't take it back it's been 30 days so they said, tough luck and have a nice days! They just kept running me in circles.
What does your credit card company say? Hurry to them now

Get notified of new replies

To RockAuto Issues

Quick Reply: RockAuto Issues