Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Bad experience with vendor: Lakeram Persaud

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 04:51 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 735 Likes on 482 Posts

Default Bad experience with vendor: Lakeram Persaud

I recently purchased some used tires as-is from vendor 'Lakeram Persaud' in Florida, who has recently placed multiple tire FS posts in the C7 section:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...p-2-tires.html

He represented in the ad that the tires all had about 5/32" of tread left; (these are MPSC2 ZP tires from a C7 Z06/7), and even posted pictures of the depths.

However when I received the tires from him, not one tire had a tread depth of 5/32", in fact all except one barely had 3/32" of tread left; one had almost 4/32". Please see my pictures for documentation.

He stated to me when I asked for him to have these mis-represented tires returned to him and for my money to be refunded, that his "gauge is calibrated" and since the tires were sold as is he would not issue a refund.

I totally get the as-is portion, and have no issue with it, BUT I bought them purely based on his statement that they were supposed to still have around 5/32" of tread left; (frankly based on his pictures from the original thread, I suspect he was angling the depth gauge to deliberately 'increase' the depth of tread shown).

Hence I am warning all fellow members to be extremely cautious when buying anything from this vendor in the future, as in my experience, you can not believe what he says.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:57 PM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I bought 2 front cup 2 tires from him in pretty good condition probably paid a bit too much. I noticed later he was buying up parts on the forum and reselling them. He was not an official forum vendor and it looks like he got banned.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:57 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Seller is no longer an active member.

Get notified of new replies

To Bad experience with vendor: Lakeram Persaud

Quick Reply: Bad experience with vendor: Lakeram Persaud