Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

My bad experience with T/A Kid, AKA Ben Charles

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 07:52 PM
kutlow
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 135 Posts

I would not drive this car. My 08 blew from detonation.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:33 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

It does not appear that the vendor plans to respond here, so the thread will be closed per Transaction Feedback rules as all there are now are third party commentary.

If the vendor would like to respond of the OP has an actual development, either can send me a PM and I’ll add it.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:12 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

The OP of this thread has contacted me and asked that I post his comments as this dispute had had a resolution:

Several weeks after posting this thread, I found that there was a rock chip in my heat exchanger which caused supercharger coolant to leak slowly over time. Slow enough that I never noticed any fluid on the ground anywhere. At some point (could have been before, during, or after the initial first tune with Ben) the rock caused this damage. When going into wide open throttle, the IATs were spiking up extremely high, and Ben's tune was pulling timing as a fail safe of sorts where as the other tune was not. Neither one of us at the time could figure out what in the tune was causing the timing to be pulled, and definitely had no idea that it was related to the damaged heat exchanger.

All in all, the root issue of me losing boost was caused by a damaged heat exchanger that leaked coolant out with an underlying issue in the tune (that's not really an issue but more of a fail safe) that pulled timing due to high temps. I figured all of this out after the fact and presented the information to Ben, and he was able to verify this. My issue is currently resolved and although Ben and I were on shaky ground for awhile, I would trust him to work on my stuff still.

Quick Reply: My bad experience with T/A Kid, AKA Ben Charles