Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

When you try to help someone else and it backfires..

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 05:56 PM
motojager
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
Vince then don't read the post. From the pic's here I did sell the guy a katech t.b. & not a mamo t.b. But I did buy this as a mamo t.b.. What reason would I have in doing this I will sell it now as what it is a katech. From the work that was put into it on the blade bar this one should out perf the other due to the weight diff. It sure isn't from needing the money are that. ALL HE HAS TO DO IS MAIL IT BACK TO ME & I WILL PAYPAL HIM THE MONEY BACK..
Since deception is apparently your thing, why should I trust you? Make "your"problem right and refund the PayPal amount I paid you. I will return ship and provide tracking detail with in 24 hrs of refund. We have gone over this. Be the honest person you claim you are! I have shown no dishonesty.

Have you addressed your other false sales? I am not the only person that has been sold something fraudulent from you Robert. Please elaborate
Old 11-06-2018, 06:35 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Robert Miller, Just refund the OP's money and he will send it back. I have more trust in him then you after reading every post in this thread.

Last edited by smajicek; 11-06-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:40 PM
MacRoadie
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

From the work that was put into it on the blade bar this one should out perf the other due to the weight diff.
So now it's "I didn't sell him what I told him it was, but hey, this one is better anyway'?

Oh, and a brand spanking new (unpainted) Katech is $299, versus $390 for one of Tony's units, so it makes something of a difference when someone is representing a used TB to be a Mamo for $300.00 ($90 off list), versus a Katech ($1 OVER list).

Last edited by MacRoadie; 11-06-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Sellout
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by motojager

Since deception is apparently your thing, why should I trust you? Make "your"problem right and refund the PayPal amount I paid you. I will return ship and provide tracking detail with in 24 hrs of refund. We have gone over this. Be the honest person you claim you are! I have shown no dishonesty.

Have you addressed your other false sales? I am not the only person that has been sold something fraudulent from you Robert. Please elaborate
I've been dealing with Robert since yesterday evening about this thread, and he did make my situation right by refunding me exactly what I asked for, when I sent him a tracking number for the intake manifold(which was shipped this morning so the tracking number still doesn't actually work).
I can understand not wanting to trust a guy after you feel like you've been cheated, because I felt the same way, but it's also entirely possible that he's just an old guy with too many Corvettes, who buys too many car parts(that will probably describe all of us soon), and didn't realize that this stuff wasn't the mamo stuff he thought it was.

I'd buy stuff from him in the future, but I'd just do my own due diligence by having him send me pictures of the stuff I'm buying and asking better questions first.

I've spoken with him on the phone, and I honestly doubt this was malicious.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:56 PM
motojager
Pro

Originally Posted by Sellout
I've been dealing with Robert since yesterday evening about this thread, and he did make my situation right by refunding me exactly what I asked for, when I sent him a tracking number for the intake manifold(which was shipped this morning so the tracking number still doesn't actually work).
I can understand not wanting to trust a guy after you feel like you've been cheated, because I felt the same way, but it's also entirely possible that he's just an old guy with too many Corvettes, who buys too many car parts(that will probably describe all of us soon), and didn't realize that this stuff wasn't the mamo stuff he thought it was.

I'd buy stuff from him in the future, but I'd just do my own due diligence by having him send me pictures of the stuff I'm buying and asking better questions first.

Or he just got caught this time. Ball is in his court to prove otherwise.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:35 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Sellout

Thanks man I wouldn't rip anyone off if I had known the T.B. was a Katech I would have sold it as that. This man here acted like a human about this hole thing never once sent me a long list of 4 letter words. I am sure like you have said the tracking # is still to early to show up. Thanks for understand like you have said on this.. Robert
Old 11-06-2018, 08:14 PM
motojager
Pro

Thanks man I wouldn't rip anyone off if I had known the T.B. was a Katech I would have sold it as that. This man here acted like a human about this hole thing never once sent me a long list of 4 letter words. I am sure like you have said the tracking # is still to early to show up. Thanks for understand like you have said on this.. Robert
Which four letter words? LIAR, LIES?
Robert post what ever it was that I have said! I have done screen shots on the conversations. Robert I called it for what it was, you have done nothing but side step everything. I cant believe this can even go on in a forum and the person is not banned? You post excuse after excuse, say things now like oh that Katech is better. Is that why you charged me 335.00 for it? Was it the awesome paint job you did on it that was worth the money? I do not buy the old man and you not knowing story. You post in every Mamo thread here as the all wise and knowing. You posted you had a Katech at the same time you said you purchased this"Mamo ptb" you sold me. Reading through your post, you are an expert on everything, you post that non-stop. Why when it comes to getting caught claiming one product is another that ignorance comes in? Why not just REFUND the money and save some face? Is it because I brought this to light? You mad at me for your doings? Just REFUND the money.
Before you ask again, no I do not want a partial refund. I have purchased a new mamo PTB already.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:22 PM
CocoVette
Racer

Received 225 Likes on 90 Posts

Moto, cant you just open a PayPal dispute? that way you are required to upload tracking, once it shows delivered, you automatically get a refund from ppal. Sorry for such a shitty situation you're in, I'd be pssed.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:55 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by MacRoadie
So now it's "I didn't sell him what I told him it was, but hey, this one is better anyway'?

Oh, and a brand spanking new (unpainted) Katech is $299, versus $390 for one of Tony's units, so it makes something of a difference when someone is representing a used TB to be a Mamo for $300.00 ($90 off list), versus a Katech ($1 OVER list).
I didnt mean it like that at all man If this guy will send the item back to me I will refund his money. I have said in here more than once it is my mistake, My mistake was buying stuff & just looking at it to just see if it was all there & not broken. If you thing it is this about the money on telling a big lie to get money you are crazy as this dam kid here that will not ship the dam T.B. back to me. I think he is eating this crap up as much as some of some of you other guys here. It sure is not about the money that is really funny.

I refunded the other guy his money & also paid half of the shipping & still didnt have a tracking # that guy acted like a really great guy on it. I really do dont understand people coming in a post that dont know nothing about anything. I really would get it more if I never posted up what happen & making it right with the guy & really knew the parts was not what I was telling them.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:33 PM
motojager
Pro

I didnt mean it like that at all man If this guy will send the item back to me I will refund his money. I have said in here more than once it is my mistake, My mistake was buying stuff & just looking at it to just see if it was all there & not broken. If you thing it is this about the money on telling a big lie to get money you are crazy as this dam kid here that will not ship the dam T.B. back to me. I think he is eating this crap up as much as some of some of you other guys here. It sure is not about the money that is really funny.

I refunded the other guy his money & also paid half of the shipping & still didnt have a tracking # that guy acted like a really great guy on it. I really do dont understand people coming in a post that dont know nothing about anything. I really would get it more if I never posted up what happen & making it right with the guy & really knew the parts was not what I was telling them.
My issue dies with a REFUND, your reputation continues to die without out one. Why keep going? Just REFUND You keep bring up this "dam kid" issue?(respect doesn't come with age but does with action) I'm sure insulting other members of a forum, is a violation of forum rules(would think fraud would be too, but I am still willing to give the benefit of doubt on that issue). Simple fix to situation REFUND money. Item is boxed up ready for return. I hope you could understand protecting yourself after getting not so truthful results. I have never been anything but truthful in this transaction(maybe to truthful for you to handle)
Old 11-07-2018, 02:06 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

This thread has evolved into just a back and forth pissing match, complete with all sorts of unnecessary posts from third parties who have nothing to do with the transaction.

It appears a refund has been “agreed to” but both sides are having a staredown as to who does what first.

So, as of right now, this dispute has not been resolved and no refund has been provided.

The participants can continue offline. If a refund is actually issued, the participants can let me know and I’ll add an update to the thread. If not, readers of this thread will know that no refund was made in this case and that’s on both parties.

The thread will be closed according to Transaction Feedback rules.

NOTE: after additional input, it appears the participants cannot agree on a procedure for a refund.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 11-08-2018 at 12:56 AM. Reason: update
Old 11-15-2018, 02:44 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Upon further communication between the parties, it appears the part has been returned and the buyer has been refunded in full, including return shipping.

Quick Reply: When you try to help someone else and it backfires..