Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Horrible experience with Corvette parts world wide!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 09:16 PM
bigsmooth1066
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible experience with Corvette parts world wide!

Hi Guys just wanted to share my experience with Corvette parts world wide. I ordered a new reverse switch and some new trim ring clips for my Rally wheels from Corvette parts world wide the other day,paid my total and got on with my life. Today I received this :
The online price for part#18-642052 has increased to $36.95. That leaves you a balance owing of $6.95. I have sent you a PayPal request for payment. Please pay the PayPal request and we will release and ship this order right away.....
What heck is this?
so I replied:
I paid the amount listed on the website, its unfortunate your prices increased but that seems to have occurred after my order was placed. Either honor the price or please cancel my order.
Thanks
This was their reply:
We are currently going through a lot of updates on our website so I apologize for the inconvenience. There were actually price increases for both parts on your order. I tried to help out by only requesting the one. Also given that this order would be shipping from 2 separate manufacturers, we would have been selling this order to you far below our cost. Unfortunately that was the most that I could do for you in this case, so I will go ahead and cancel the order.
Sorry to be long winded but I'm really fuming here. I have ordered lots of stuff here in the past with no issues. Has anyone else had problems with these guys? Was I in the wrong here?
Thanks or letting me vent
Old 02-14-2019, 09:28 PM
carriljc
Le Mans Master

Received 882 Likes on 767 Posts

I looked at them, but kept getting oddball and non-straightforward information on shipping costs. To get a shipping cost I had to order something .... it was silly, I gave up after a couple of tries at ordering. Had to cancel a couple of things after being informed of shipping costs. Seemed like an odd way to do remote purchasing....especially in this day and age of amazon, ebay, and all our other corvette vendors.

Originally Posted by bigsmooth1066
Hi Guys just wanted to share my experience with Corvette parts world wide. I ordered a new reverse switch and some new trim ring clips for my Rally wheels from Corvette parts world wide the other day,paid my total and got on with my life. Today I received this :
The online price for part#18-642052 has increased to $36.95. That leaves you a balance owing of $6.95. I have sent you a PayPal request for payment. Please pay the PayPal request and we will release and ship this order right away.....
What heck is this?
so I replied:
I paid the amount listed on the website, its unfortunate your prices increased but that seems to have occurred after my order was placed. Either honor the price or please cancel my order.
Thanks
This was their reply:
We are currently going through a lot of updates on our website so I apologize for the inconvenience. There were actually price increases for both parts on your order. I tried to help out by only requesting the one. Also given that this order would be shipping from 2 separate manufacturers, we would have been selling this order to you far below our cost. Unfortunately that was the most that I could do for you in this case, so I will go ahead and cancel the order.
Sorry to be long winded but I'm really fuming here. I have ordered lots of stuff here in the past with no issues. Has anyone else had problems with these guys? Was I in the wrong here?
Thanks or letting me vent
Old 02-14-2019, 10:18 PM
bigsmooth1066
6th Gear

Originally Posted by carriljc
I looked at them, but kept getting oddball and non-straightforward information on shipping costs. To get a shipping cost I had to order something .... it was silly, I gave up after a couple of tries at ordering. Had to cancel a couple of things after being informed of shipping costs. Seemed like an odd way to do remote purchasing....especially in this day and age of amazon, ebay, and all our other corvette vendors.
Who have you been using? I'm always looking for recommendations on vendors?
Old 02-15-2019, 05:38 PM
sug
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 510 Likes on 270 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
C3 of Year Winner (stock) 2019

I have used a lot of different vendors including Willcox, Paragon, Zip and Keen parts and have always been happy with the transactions .
Old 02-15-2019, 07:49 PM
bigsmooth1066
6th Gear

A
Originally Posted by sug
I have used a lot of different vendors including Willcox, Paragon, Zip and Keen parts and have always been happy with the transactions .
I just ordered my parts from ZIP. I have used them in the past. I'll check out those other ones. Thanks Sug..
Old 02-15-2019, 08:50 PM
Norm07
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

I have used a few, Willcox Corvette, good prices, good discounts but I use a US Mailbox and if the items in my order are drop shipped from a few different suppliers I pay separately and the costs add up fast. I have been using ZIP quite a bit lately. I have been satisfied with the prices, fast...and I mean fast shipping...order it Monday and get it before the end of the week. I have had an issue with a blemished chrome piece and they dealt with it right away. All good people to deal with. There is only one vendor I had a bad experience with....he will never get my money.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:07 AM
carriljc
Le Mans Master

Received 882 Likes on 767 Posts

bigsmooth1066 -
I used https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/ for a several exhaust things last year. And they're on our Corvette Forum Vendor Directory.

RPI seemed to have better prices and better shipping costs.
They had the best shipping costs for large exhaust stuff (7 bucks instead of ~40+ bucks for downpipes for example). And even then, with a coupon code on the page I didn't pay anything for shipping.
Same with Mufflers and hangers.... ended up with better purchase price and essentially zero shipping costs with coupon on page.

As I was looking for stuff like the heat riser bypass assembly I looked around and found it on amazon.... quite a few free shipping items available there.

I also noted that some forum supporting vendors sell stuff on amazon and the shipping costs there are different when ordering from Amazon... worth a look.

I

Originally Posted by bigsmooth1066
Who have you been using? I'm always looking for recommendations on vendors?

Last edited by carriljc; 02-16-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:33 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

It does not appear further development is pending on the transaction reported in this thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Horrible experience with Corvette parts world wide!

Quick Reply: Horrible experience with Corvette parts world wide!