Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Scam Exhaust Distributor

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 05:03 PM
dragonrider
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Scam Exhaust Distributor

Hey folks I recently had an experience with a company that advertises about giving you the best price on a Corsa Exhaust system. Well after getting their price I had multiple conversations with them since they are not a Corsa Dealer. They apparently go through a distributor to ship the exhaust. I then paid in full with PayPal and call them back to let them know that my payment was made. The next day I called to try to get a tracking number, no answer on over 30 tries and voicemails left that day. Later on in the afternoon I get an email from supposedly the owner that stated that his employee made a mistake and the part was not available at their California distributor warehouse. He was going to have to order it directly from Corsa and there was a 5 day build time delay. So the next day I called Corsa to see if an order either had been placed in my name or if any dealer/distributor had ordered the exact system that I wanted. They advised no. So several times throughout the day I attempted to contact the company with no answers. I left numerous voicemails and sent emails. I finally received an email that said that I didn't understand the procedure and that it was ordered from one of their distributors, definitely. So again I called Corsa and they said that the part number 14169CB6 had not been ordered by anyone and they had that in stock and ready to ship, no 5 day delay. So back to the phones and emails and i guess they got tired of me and he made up a BS story of that Corsa doesn't ship FedEx ground and they only use Motor Freight, which would add an additional $141 to my price. So I contacted Corsa again to confirm the shipping details and they said they ship FedEx Ground for the rate of $25. They Motor Freight quote was a lie, in an effort to squeeze more money out of me. I guess I could've fought with them and PayPal but at this point I was concerned if I was ever going to get the correct system or not at all. I emailed back the owner and told him to cancel my order. Well folks this was the fastest refund in history that I have ever received. Within 5 minutes I got an email from PayPal stated that they had refunded my money. I don't know what they are trying to pull over there but do not ever do business with them unless you want to go through the same headaches that I did.

After receiving my PayPal refund I got back with Corsa and ordered it directly from them. There is currently a rebate of $150 going on right now through the end of the month. And as a Veteran I was given a 15% discount. The to total price from them directly was only $61 more than the company that gave me all the headaches. Go figure, I should've just ordered it from them instead of trying to be cheap.

Here is the company that I had the issues with:

The company that I had a bad experience with.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:28 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Apparently the company name is notstockforlong.com.

Quick Reply: Scam Exhaust Distributor