Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Weapon X Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 11:18 AM
ssmith512
Melting Slicks

Received 849 Likes on 443 Posts

Default Weapon X Motorsports

Does anyone know how to get a hold of ANYONE at Weapon X Motorsports?

I placed a +$3000 order with them on March 2. Credit card was charged March 4. Got an order confirmation from them March 2 as well. Since then, radio silence.

I emailed them March 14.
I sent Ben (the Owner?) a private message on this forum March 12.
I emailed them March 21.
I left them a voicemail March 22.
I emailed them March 23.
I sent Ben another private message March 23.
I sent them an email this morning (March 25).
I called and left another voicemail this morning (March 25).
I left Ben a voicemail on his extension this morning (March 25).

This sucks! Ben was very nice and helpful and explained a few things prior to me ordering, but this radio silence is quite upsetting. I really want the parts I ordered, but the only contact info I have is the email address and phone number listed on their website - and obviously those are not working.

Just want an update on my order status.

Any help with contact info is greatly appreciated!

Ben - if you read this, my order is #9135. I can be reached on my cell 317-281-5458.

Thanks!!
Old 03-25-2019, 12:01 PM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 145 Posts

Default I am in the same position

My order 8929 was placed february 11th, paid in full.
Partly delivered, DeWitt and Halltec TRIC but the HX expansion tank is NOT delivered...

I have called and left message with sale and order..
emailed sale, order and Ben...

Nothing , not a reply at all..

Tuner fly in from Austria (to Norway) next week, and car sits there, with no HX tank...
First track day is april 27th.....

Frustrated doesn't even cover it...

Rune

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-28-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:34 PM
ssmith512
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z06Norway
Partly delivered, DeWitt and Halltec TRIC but the HX expansion tank is NOT delivered...

Tuner fly in from Austria (to Norway) next week, and car sits there, with no HX tank...

Rune
Wow. Well that doesnt make me feel any better.......
Old 03-25-2019, 01:14 PM
KY_C5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys just a heads up. I had my car there for a Holley efi install. I was told less than a month to do the job. My car was there for 5 months and they did not finish the job. Everything they did had to be redone. I have 0 good things to say about this shop and know several others that hve had the same experience. If I was you I would call my CC company and dispute the charges ASAP!! Good luck!
Old 03-25-2019, 01:17 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by ssmith512
Does anyone know how to get a hold of ANYONE at Weapon X Motorsports?

I placed a +$3000 order with them on March 2. Credit card was charged March 4. Got an order confirmation from them March 2 as well. Since then, radio silence.

I emailed them March 14.
I sent Ben (the Owner?) a private message on this forum March 12.
I emailed them March 21.
I left them a voicemail March 22.
I emailed them March 23.
I sent Ben another private message March 23.
I sent them an email this morning (March 25).
I called and left another voicemail this morning (March 25).
I left Ben a voicemail on his extension this morning (March 25).

This sucks! Ben was very nice and helpful and explained a few things prior to me ordering, but this radio silence is quite upsetting. I really want the parts I ordered, but the only contact info I have is the email address and phone number listed on their website - and obviously those are not working.

Just want an update on my order status.

Any help with contact info is greatly appreciated!

Ben - if you read this, my order is #9135. I can be reached on my cell 317-281-5458.

Thanks!!
Steve, I responded to you on March 20th letting you know what was going on per the below and you then asked again on the 21st and the 23rd as you responded to the bereavement notification as well... if you do not want to wait on the product that is fine, just let me know.

"
On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 9:54 AM WEAPON-X Motorsports wrote:
Hello Steve, we are still waiting on kits to come in, there was a March ETA of the first batch listed on the product, so I need to see how many kits come in on that shipment to fulfill the orders and see if there are enough to get you one out, or if you'll be in the next batch a couple weeks behind. The first one is supposed to ship to us before the end of the month still.
"

Last edited by Ben@WeaponX; 03-25-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:19 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Rune
You will be refunded for the HX tank as our mfgr has not been able to fulfill any orders as well and we're currently going to have to change them.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:25 PM
ssmith512
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ben@WeaponX
Steve, I responded to you on March 20th letting you know what was going on per the below and you then asked again on the 21st and the 23rd as you responded to the bereavement notification as well... if you do not want to wait on the product that is fine, just let me know.

"
On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 9:54 AM WEAPON-X Motorsports wrote:

"
Ben, I have no idea what you are talking about. The only email I have received from WeaponX is the auto response email about you going to TX2K19 back on March 14. I dont know what you mean by bereavement notification. Not sure if that is an issue with my email or yours. But I have also left voicemails that have gone unanswered.

Please call me and fill me in, because I have no info on my end other than the original order confirmation email.

Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by KY_C5
Hey guys just a heads up. I had my car there for a Holley efi install. I was told less than a month to do the job. My car was there for 5 months and they did not finish the job. Everything they did had to be redone. I have 0 good things to say about this shop and know several others that hve had the same experience. If I was you I would call my CC company and dispute the charges ASAP!! Good luck!
Eh, not really the same thing.

I know Weapon-X was out at TX2K19 for nearly a week starting March 14. So I basically lost a week in communication there. I am confident this will get worked out, I am not angry (yet LOL!!!), just really want someone to reach out to me and fill me in. I was just looking for a different way of contacting them if possible that is all.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-28-2019 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button in the lower right hand corner (the middle icon) to make your responses to multiple people look like this!
Old 03-25-2019, 05:31 PM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

I have to say, things really did happen today after the post and emails to WeaponX.
Ben has apparently had family tragedy and been a little off his best.

Today at least for me he proved himself, he stepped up, refunded my order promptly and then kept looking for a solution. Found one, and contacted me and i will now have another HX tank drop shipped to my facility in NJ, so i should have my tank here in Norway by next wedsnday.... Just in time for Heinz arriving Thursday.

We can all make mistakes, forget stuff etc... What matters is how we solve it !

Thumbs up for WeaponX today

regards
Rune

Last edited by Z06Norway; 03-25-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:04 PM
ssmith512
Melting Slicks

I have to say, things really did happen today after the post and emails to WeaponX.

Today at least for me he proved himself, he stepped up, refunded my order promptly and then kept looking for a solution. Found one, and contacted me and i will now have another HX tank drop shipped to my facility in NJ, so i should have my tank here in Norway by next wedsnday.... Just in time for Heinz arriving Thursday.

regards
Rune
Excellent!! Good to hear!
Old 03-26-2019, 01:40 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

regards
Rune
I thought you put on the 2300 and were going to run the crazy 8 style cooling circuit like a zr1? If yes, then you dont want the aux tank. Aux tanks only add weight and delay the inevitable (if you dont have enough HX) But you do have enough HX, so...

I would spend the money on the zr1 front blower center HX, and then do it zr1 style and have 2 pumps, and put the fluid though one cheek on each side of the figure 8 loop paths.

Ill go a step further and say, i dont even think the tanks work with the crazy 8 zr1 system. It can have NO air in it anywhere, not even the top of the tank, was my impression.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-26-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:18 AM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Not sure what is going on here. I took about 5 months communicating back and forth with Ben before deciding on a final build with Weapon X. They were very patient (Ben) with all my questions and requests for pricing on different options. The car went into they're shop when scheduled and came out when promised with great results. Just my experience, sorry for your problems
Old 03-26-2019, 09:49 AM
ssmith512
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jstewart
Not sure what is going on here. I took about 5 months communicating back and forth with Ben before deciding on a final build with Weapon X. They were very patient (Ben) with all my questions and requests for pricing on different options. The car went into they're shop when scheduled and came out when promised with great results. Just my experience, sorry for your problems
Thanks. Not really a problem at all for me. It is just my fault for being too impatient and anxious on getting started installing the parts I ordered. The email address I was using and the phone number I was calling just didnt seem to be working from my point of view, so I was asking if there was another number or email I could try. Ben and Brent were fantastic talking with me before I placed the order. I think it is just "bad timing" (for lack of a better term) on my end with them being at TX2K19 and then them immediately dealing with another unfortunate circumstance - both of which has delayed communication. It'll get it figured out!
Old 03-26-2019, 02:10 PM
GS583
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 202 Posts

FWIW, I ordered a CAI late last week and it is on the way as of yesterday with delivery tomorrow. Good service by my account.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:35 PM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
I thought you put on the 2300 and were going to run the crazy 8 style cooling circuit like a zr1? If yes, then you dont want the aux tank. Aux tanks only add weight and delay the inevitable (if you dont have enough HX)

I would spend the money on the zr1 front blower center HX, and then do it zr1 style and have 2 pumps, and put the fluid though one cheek on each side of the figure 8 loop paths.

Ill go a step further and say, i dont even think the tanks work with the crazy 8 zr1 system. It can have NO air in it anywhere, not even the top of the tank, was my impression.
Not sure i follow you here ?
I have this front, look good and almost OEM.
Behind every corner i have IC HX in front, and oil coolers in second row.
Oil coolers has less Delta T than standa alone, but according to SETRAB technician it is enough....
Main radiator system has no oil energy dumped into it and is 30% bigger, DeWitt
IC circuit now has twin chin coolers + stock cooler and a larger tank, and they all pull the right way..... better cooling...
I upgraded IC pump with a unit that delivers 2.5X volume at same 6 psi pressure, even if pressure go up due to longer route and more HX, volume is a lot more than stock.

In theory i think i am good, and in real life?..... well time will tell.... :-)

So far i am happy, just waiting for Ben to ship my HX tank

Batmobile.... look stock. but has openings to cool the beast

This shows better the side openings and the grill thats a 100% copy of the center grill
Old 03-26-2019, 05:43 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

right, i follow you, and im saying, look at how the zr1 flow-path works on the blower fluid. There is no res tank.

The flow goes in a double loop... it requires a front cooler in the center, that has half the HX dedicated to one loop, and the other half of the HX dedicated to the other loop.

Each loop incorporates 1 cheek cooler.

It has 2 separate pumps, each pump has cavitation detection and shutdown

Thus, there can be NO air in the system. Pumps will shut down. (plus the air would get stuck up in the bricks as the fluid moves much faster on a crazy 8 system and all the fluid gets aerated with bubbles IF there is air in the system to begin with (a res tank with air at the top brings air into the system)

So you have a 2019 blower fluid zr1 flow-path (which we in america call a "crazy 8 system")... and it goes like this...

Left bank supercharger bricks
center cooler hx (top half)
left cheek hx
pump 1
Right bank supercharger bricks
center cooler hx (bottom)
Right cheek hx
pump 2
left bank supercharger bricks.
etc
etc

There is no res tank. There is cooling for each engine blower bank side... this system provides more cooling to each blower bank instead of a linear system and a split like the z06 does NORMALLY on the 2300

your 2300 will accommodate 2 separate intake paths (crazy 8 system)

Your cheek coolers are necessary for the crazy 8 to work.

But if you do it the old normal z06 way (which your 2300 comes with the adapter to do it the z06 old way), If you split the fluid before the bricks (adapter), then the fluid flows HALF as fast through each brick side.

If you do a crazy 8 system, the fluid flows TWICE as fast through each side, relatively speaking. (and its actually more than twice as fast, because the second pump is now assisting as well)

More fluid through the bricks per increment of time, more heat absorption.... and its literally DOUBLE heat absorption because you have twice the fluid through the blower bricks in any given amount of time... so its a pretty big deal to get it right.

You have the 2 cheek coolers, which z06 dont normally have... so you now have the ability to do the crazy 8... you just need the zr1 center cooler with the 2 halved flow paths.... not a res tank. See what i'm saying?

If you flow everything linear (single loop, old z06 style) though the 3 front HX all in a row, then the fluid is cool before it leaves the second HX. So the third HX becomes a waste of time and just an extra restriction on the 1 pump... and the water can only absorb so much heat per molecule of water up at the blower... so the FLOW RATE of the water through the blower bricks needs to be as high as possible. This is why GM discovered the crazy 8 is the solution, and did it on the zr1.

Double the cold molecules through the blower to absorb heat, and double the amount of cooling in any increment of time. Add a second pump, and OVER DOUBLE the cooling, as the extra pump increases the rate cold water molecules pass through the hot bricks as well. One single faster pump does not work, as its impeller will simply experience cavitation to push the whole load by itself.

A boat with 2 props in the water can pull more load than a boat with 1 similar sized prop in the water.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-27-2019 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:42 PM
snampro
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 166 Posts

I hope Ben and his family are alright. When something tragic happens you are so overwhelmed that things like work need to wait. Let's be understanding and keep some perspective on toys (cars) and what actually matters, family.

Best wishes.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:42 AM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
right, i follow you, and im saying, look at how the zr1 flow-path works on the blower fluid. There is no res tank.

The flow goes in a double loop... it requires a front cooler in the center, that has half the HX dedicated to one loop, and the other half of the HX dedicated to the other loop.

Each loop incorporates 1 cheek cooler.

It has 2 separate pumps, each pump has cavitation detection and shutdown

Thus, there can be NO air in the system. Pumps will shut down. (plus the air would get stuck up in the bricks as the fluid moves much faster on a crazy 8 system and all the fluid gets aerated with bubbles IF there is air in the system to begin with (a res tank with air at the top brings air into the system)

So you have a 2019 blower fluid zr1 flow-path (which we in america call a "crazy 8 system")... and it goes like this...

Left bank supercharger bricks
center cooler hx (top half)
left cheek hx
pump 1
Right bank supercharger bricks
center cooler hx (bottom)
Right cheek hx
pump 2
left bank supercharger bricks.
etc
etc

There is no res tank. There is cooling for each engine blower bank side... this system provides more cooling to each blower bank instead of a linear system and a split like the z06 does NORMALLY on the 2300

your 2300 will accommodate 2 separate intake paths (crazy 8 system)

Your cheek coolers are necessary for the crazy 8 to work.

But if you do it the old normal z06 way (which your 2300 comes with the adapter to do it the z06 old way), If you split the fluid before the bricks (adapter), then the fluid flows HALF as fast through each brick side.

If you do a crazy 8 system, the fluid flows TWICE as fast through each side, relatively speaking. (and its actually more than twice as fast, because the second pump is now assisting as well)

More fluid through the bricks per increment of time, more heat absorption.... and its literally DOUBLE heat absorption because you have twice the fluid through the blower bricks in any given amount of time... so its a pretty big deal to get it right.

You have the 2 cheek coolers, which z06 dont normally have... so you now have the ability to do the crazy 8... you just need the zr1 center cooler with the 2 halved flow paths.... not a res tank. See what i'm saying?

If you flow everything linear (single loop, old z06 style) though the 3 front HX all in a row, then the fluid is cool before it leaves the second HX. So the third HX becomes a waste of time and just an extra restriction on the 1 pump... and the water can only absorb so much heat per molecule of water up at the blower... so the FLOW RATE of the water through the blower bricks needs to be as high as possible. This is why GM discovered the crazy 8 is the solution, and did it on the zr1.

Double the cold molecules through the blower to absorb heat, and double the amount of cooling in any increment of time. Add a second pump, and OVER DOUBLE the cooling, as the extra pump increases the rate cold water molecules pass through the hot bricks as well. One single faster pump does not work, as its impeller will simply experience cavitation to push the whole load by itself.

A boat with 2 props in the water can pull more load than a boat with 1 similar sized prop in the water.
OK, now i get it. :-)
I do the ZO6 style, its one loop and splits into SC, so half flow on each brick
And it might be a waste with three coolers, but i just wanted to be sure i get as cold water into SC bricks as possible.
Pump is 2.5 times better flow at same 5 psi pressure, so even if i increase pressure to 7 psi it should flow alot more than stock pump, and with three coolers water should be closer to ambient than
stock system.... bottom line i will have better cooling than stock.
And twin chin oil coolers, one with less delta T (first pass) and the other one with alot better delta T should keep my oil temp in check.
Main radiator has 30% better cooling capacity and all oil temp is removed..

So all in all, i should have increased cooling capacity by a big margin (i hope), time will tell.

And also important to me is the front facia look, it is stealth, subtle and almost look OEM....

So for now, i am happy.... lets see after first track duty if :
Oil temp go down from 295+ to 250F
Water temp down from 240+ to 212
IAT not over 120F

Get notified of new replies

To Weapon X Motorsports

Old 03-27-2019, 06:55 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Just to add another data point. I sent them a mail at the address on their web site yesterday morning and received an answer the same day. Really sorry to hear there was a loss in their family.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:08 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

OK, now i get it. :-)
I do the ZO6 style, its one loop and splits into SC, so half flow on each brick
And it might be a waste with three coolers, but i just wanted to be sure i get as cold water into SC bricks as possible.
Pump is 2.5 times better flow at same 5 psi pressure, so even if i increase pressure to 7 psi it should flow alot more than stock pump, and with three coolers water should be closer to ambient than
stock system.... bottom line i will have better cooling than stock.
And twin chin oil coolers, one with less delta T (first pass) and the other one with alot better delta T should keep my oil temp in check.
Main radiator has 30% better cooling capacity and all oil temp is removed..

So all in all, i should have increased cooling capacity by a big margin (i hope), time will tell.

And also important to me is the front facia look, it is stealth, subtle and almost look OEM....

So for now, i am happy.... lets see after first track duty if :
Oil temp go down from 295+ to 250F
Water temp down from 240+ to 212
IAT not over 120F
Yes, but now that you have 3 HX instead of 1 HX, you need an extra pump on the loop regardless, as it is too much load on one impeller and the impeller is likely to cavitate.

I know some vendors here do it with only 1 pump, but if you can upgrade to 2, identical pumps, it will serve you well.

Then if you get bored one day, and find the zr1 front HX, then you can re-plum everything for the crazy 8, and report your findings, on how much extra it helps.

All I was saying is, dont stress that you dont have the tank, you dont need it anyway
Old 03-27-2019, 09:50 PM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

Received 747 Likes on 561 Posts

I also had a question for Weapon X and they emailed me the next day

Quick Reply: Weapon X Motorsports