Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Courtesy Shipment Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thevettenet CA
Yes, they are getting paid for it - PDI expense from the General, plus whatever else they asked for from the buyer.

It's actually quite common for the first cars from a new model run not to have a sticker from the factory.

You're telling me the receiving dealership also gets paid from GM? Then why the heck do we have to pay them to accept a courtesy delivery?

And why is it common for new models to not have a factory sticker?
Old 09-04-2004, 08:55 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

I'd find the owner of the dealership and ask him if THEY ever sell cars that are coutesy delivered elsewhere (I'm sure all dealers do). Then ask him how he'd feel if his customer was treated the same way by the dealer handling his courtesy delivery.

Furthermore, I'd tell him where you will NOT be having your service work done!
Old 09-04-2004, 08:59 PM
SamsBud

Originally Posted by Shylor
You're telling me the receiving dealership also gets paid from GM? Then why the heck do we have to pay them to accept a courtesy delivery?

And why is it common for new models to not have a factory sticker?
I think GM pays them for the PDI, not processing the paperwork. Can't answer the other one.

Old 09-04-2004, 09:12 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,837 Likes on 660 Posts

Count me as another who would run away from this car. No telling what will happen to it while sitting in the service department(with the freaking windows down no less). I'd tell the dealer to **** off and do business through someone else if at all possible. Good luck!
Old 09-04-2004, 09:17 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

How do you run away from the car if you have paid another dealer $50,000 for it?
Old 09-04-2004, 09:20 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jschindler
I'd find the owner of the dealership and ask him if THEY ever sell cars that are coutesy delivered elsewhere (I'm sure all dealers do). Then ask him how he'd feel if his customer was treated the same way by the dealer handling his courtesy delivery.

Furthermore, I'd tell him where you will NOT be having your service work done!

Do you really think with the treatment given so far, they really care? I doubt doing any of the above would matter to this dealership.

Last edited by Shylor; 09-05-2004 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:28 PM
C6SMKDU
Instructor

I wonder if you can have your C6 dropped shipped to your front doorof your house. It would probably cost the same amount as the courtesy delivery, otherwise it sounds like total
Old 09-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Kaosinla
Pro

Location: Beverly Hills No Job is Too Small, No Fee is Too Big!!!

What is the status of the purchase? Any paperwork or financing?

If there is any problems with the car....walk away....Let the dealerships argue this out with GM....Maybe, GM actually listens to them.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Kaosinla
Pro

Location: Beverly Hills No Job is Too Small, No Fee is Too Big!!!

Originally Posted by C6SMKDU
I wonder if you can have your C6 dropped shipped to your front doorof your house. It would probably cost the same amount as the courtesy delivery, otherwise it sounds like total

Wish that was the case...But, if I'm not mistaken, an authorized dealer has to perform a PDI in accordance to Federal law.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:38 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by Kaosinla
Wish that was the case...But, if I'm not mistaken, an authorized dealer has to perform a PDI in accordance to Federal law.
Yeah, from what I've read here, you can have one delivered to your house, but only after the selling dealer does the PDI, and then puts it on a transport and sends it your way.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:41 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

Is "courtesy delivery" different from "drop ship"? When I took delivery of my Z06, I paid the local dealer $300. At any rate, this is BS.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:51 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rapid Transit
Is "courtesy delivery" different from "drop ship"? When I took delivery of my Z06, I paid the local dealer $300. At any rate, this is BS.
The terms are used pretty much interchangably. Hope this guy never needs a favor from Monica!
Old 09-04-2004, 10:20 PM
_Nomad_
Team Owner

Location: Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do, because they're fassst…and they DART, THAT'S crazy!
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
-'24

This is why I am getting the Corvette Museum Delivery.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Got Vette?
Racer

wow that is ridiculous.... but i mean riiiiiiiiiiiidiculous!!! i would never take delivery of that car... no matter how much paper work you did or even if you paid for it. you didnt finish the last part of the contract, which is taking delivery of the goods. You are not obligated to buy that abused, neglected, used car. do not take delivery of that car. file a complaint with gm and make some noise!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 11:06 PM
rwm1163
Racer

Don't take delivery and don't sign a thing!! You are not obligated to take delivery of a car that is not in new condition. The contract is clear on your rights too.

Check it out.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:20 PM
DarkKnightZ
Pro

Add another vote to the 'refuse the car' lot. I cannot believe they would treat a Corvette owner this way....makes you wonder what kind of service you get if you buy, oh, an Aveo????

There's gotta be some way out of it. I wouldn't take it. They won't even let you roll the windows up yourself???? I bet the mechanics at the dealership have given it a thorough once-over - at the local interstate. That's just crazy, and sad.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:54 PM
xlr
Intermediate

This is a bunch of BS and you should be pissed at both parties.

The delivering dealer is sitting on your car so they can have a new vette on their showroom, Every Vette was shipped with the sticker as far as I know (I challenge you to find anyone who waited for a sticke for deliveryr on this forum) Remember they sat at the factory for weeks.

Finally, Max Pricie should make sure you get your car and not leave you in the dust also. There have been more than a few negative posts about them recently. The fat that only 1 person is authorized at a dealer to give you a special price is a little sketch to begin with.

I would have your atty call the dealer that is sitting on your car and Max pricie.

And the Big 3 wonder why people buy imports. The dealer experience is like shopping at Tiffanys versus the Salvation Army. They still dont get it that when you pay over $50,000 for a car you want to be treated like you just spent over $50,000.

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy Shipment Nightmare

Old 09-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by C6SMKDU
======================================== =========
HEARING YOUR HORROR STORY MAKES ME WANNA .........
Yes you can have it delivered to your home...
I bought a new 2004 in early April...it was built in mid April...shipped directly to Kerbecks in Atlantic City on April 26th from Bowling Green and shipped to me by Passport Transport on April 28th with all body and interior protective plastic ....and window sticker on the inside of the windshield from the factory with a note in the windshield saying.."Do not wash this vehicle, leave all plastic on and do not touch this vehicle!!(other than a Point of Delivery Inspection Kerbecks did)(I saved the note and framed it... ")...those were my instructions and Kerbeck fulfilled my wishes..even filled the tank with premium gas...God I love Kerbecks....
(My salesman Sam Kelley even took an 8x10 glossey pic of him standing next to my Vette in front of the showroom at Kerbecks and sent it overnight to me)...and the shipping cost around $600 from Atlantic city to me in Newport News, Virginia..I watched the delivery guy carefully unload my new Vette...
Sory for your misery but for anyone else listening..don't do the courtesy delivery...

Last edited by Yello95; 09-05-2004 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:41 AM
marcar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That just plain SUCKS!!! I feel your pain and agony over this. I agree with others and walk away from this one.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:54 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by xlr
And the Big 3 wonder why people buy imports. The dealer experience is like shopping at Tiffanys versus the Salvation Army. They still dont get it that when you pay over $50,000 for a car you want to be treated like you just spent over $50,000.
This is SO TRUE!!! Chevrolet should have Corvette Only Dealers who have passed rigid employee training and facility inspection.

I think there are two reasons why the luxury import dealers don't treat customers this way. (1) Luxury import buyers won't put up with it. (2) They have a lot of money, and will gladly have their attorneys sue the company and dealer for wrongdoings. The Corvette is up there in price now, and it time for Corvette buyers to start doing both. Maybe they will get the message that we are not just a bunch of "Like a Rock" yahoos.

I would first call the owners of both dealerships, and tell them, that if they don't get that car sealed up and in a private stall, that car is going to be the most expensive car they've ever delivered. I guarantee you, that if you have an attorney send a certified letter to both dealers, and GM, threatening a lawsuit, it will be done within hours. They will much rather start acting responsibly than start racking up legal fees for being stupid.

Michael