Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Fraud alert- Do not buy from "vectorz"

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 08:23 PM
wreakhavoc
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Fraud alert- Do not buy from "vectorz"

He sent me pictures of a brand new looking chrome wagon wheel and assured me it was not bent. The wheel he sent to me has a 10 inch gouge and a 2 inch bent spot on the edge where it had obviously hit a curb very hard. I immediately emailed him and told him it was no good and not the wheel represented in the picture and that I wanted my money back. He replied that he had disclaimed the condition of the wheel and would not refund my money. I still have the emails we exchanged before the sale so I sent him the one where he said it had no problems along with two pictures I took of the wheel and told him to compare them to his picture. He then claimed that he had said it had curb rash which was completely untrue- I never would have considered buying such a thing. I replied back that besides very severe curb rash it was also bent and therefore unusable and his final answer was that it was a done deal and he would not be "entertaining this discussion any further."
In my short time here I have come to know this forum as a virtual circle of friends with something great in common and have had nothing but good to say about the deals I have made and the wealth of information that is here. I guess there are a few bad apples in every bunch and I hope this will prevent anyone else from ending up with a piece of scrap metal like I did.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:29 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Post the link to the transaction thread? I know that name from somewhere?

Cajun
Old 12-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Stock Man
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

That sucks! Maybe there's someone here on the forum that lives close to him. Where does he live. This has happened before and other forum members have had good success in correcting the problem. We don't like seeing this type of thing happening. If we can do anything I am sure we'll help you out. Keep us posted.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:00 PM
luckyone928
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this guy out in california??
Old 12-01-2004, 10:13 PM
KillerVette
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where did you send the money or do you have a return address on him??
Old 12-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Bootjackvette
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey come on not everyone in California is a crook, although it seems like it sometimes. I live in a small red pocket in the blue state.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Valdostavetteguy
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I wish I had one to give you
Old 12-01-2004, 10:48 PM
RedHeartbeat
Instructor

He did the same exact thing to me.....a chrome 18" wheel with very minor damage was what I bought. He sent me a piece of junk wheel with 15" of chrome missing around the face of the bead. A few days after sending me this wheel he emails me to tell me he accidentally sent me a 17" wheel. An 18" x 9.5" x 61mm offset wheel is what I received in the first shipment with 15" of chrome missing around the lip instead of the one he sent the picture of. He must have sent the 17" wheel to someone else by accident. He seemed to have grown a conscience and sent me a much better wheel on his second attempt. He copped an attitude with me through email too saying he wished he never dealt with me? Awww...come on now. I offered to return the POS wheel and he said to keep it for the trouble. The second wheel he sent was decent so all is fine in our transaction. It was a rough road for a while there but it all came out okay in the long run. Maybe he will read these posts and become a better person after thinking about how others feel when they aren't treated properly. I am sure that is not how he would like to be treated. We all work hard for our money and like to get a fair deal. We are not here buying things from one another to get screwed, just a fair deal for things others no longer need.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:49 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Default recourse

if you paid by credit card/debit card you may have some recourse.contact your bank.i did when i had a problem w/a top and they were in the process of getting me my money back when the bum decided to send partial reimbursement.so,if you paid like that,you might be in luck.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:30 PM
wreakhavoc
Racer

I sent him a check. I believe I still have his address (yes he lives in California) but it's not like I want someone to go and hunt him down for $67.00- I just want everyone to beware of buying anything from him. I have all the emails from before and after the deal plus pictures I took of the piece of crap wheel today. If anyone wants to see them just PM your email address and I'll gladly forward them to you. I can't find the thread right now but it was around three weeks ago. My check was dated Nov. 12 and he held it for a week before he sent the wheel which I received yesterday (Nov. 30) As far as I'm concerned he may as well have just kept my money and sent nothing. It's unbelievable that anyone would sell a wheel this bad.

Originally Posted by KillerVette
Where did you send the money or do you have a return address on him??
Old 12-01-2004, 11:42 PM
wreakhavoc
Racer

This one is a 17" wheel with about 10" of the chrome gouged off the edge plus a 2" flat bent spot in the middle of all that. Were the pictures he sent you from a distance with a blue background? I'm thinking he probably just has some pictures of chrome wagon wheels that he picked up off the web somewhere.

Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat
He did the same exact thing to me.....a chrome 18" wheel with very minor damage was what I bought. He sent me a piece of junk wheel with 15" of chrome missing around the face of the bead.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:42 PM
vectorz
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What in the world are you guys talking about? RedHeartBeat, you even said yourself that I fixed your problem by sending you the correct wheel. If I were to rip you off would I have done that? You basically got TWO friggin chrome wheels for $50. Why are you complaining and trying to defame me? ANd you even agreed that you got the correct rim, should I post your reply? YOU'RE THE CROOK, trying to complain to get the wheel for free on purpose. I had told you about the wrongly sent rim AND sent you the corrected one before you even LOOKED at the wrongfully sent rim! You f^cking idiot.

And wreakhavoc, I told you the condition of the rim, I sent you pics. You sent me $50 & S&H for that rim, and despite what I told you and what you saw in the picture, you expected a PERFECT rim. I'm sorry, I can't help you. You cheapskates need to get a life. I'm done with these transactions. I have all dialogues of your emails kept filed, so do as you will. I have proof of disclaim.

ALL Of this NONSENSE over a $50 RIM! FIFTY FRIGGIN DOLLARS, trust me it's not even worth my time. Now you've pissed me off to all extent, I'm now HAPPY that you're upset. You deserve it.

Last edited by vectorz; 12-01-2004 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:52 PM
vectorz
Melting Slicks

Here's further dialogue proof of both of these cheapskating lying sons of b1tches.

My dialogue w/ Redheartbeat.

ME: "Greg, I just realized that I accidentally sent you the wrong 17" rim!
I resent the correct 18" rim this morning. You should get the 17" one tomorrow and the 18" by Monday."

REDHEARTBEAT:

"I'll look at it when it arrives and let you know what I want
to do. "

^^^ PROOF that I sent out the corrected one BEFORE he even received the WRONG ONE!! Why would I do this if I were trying to rip him ofF?!

REDHEARTBEAT's EMAIL AFTER HER RECEIVED THE CORRECT RIM:

"I've received the 18" rim and it is as you've described. Thank you"

^^^ SO WHAT THE F^CK IS HE COMPLAINING ABOUT? I even let him KEEP THE INCORRECT RIM, that son of a b1tch.

AND he only paid me $50 in the first place. ALL THIS B^llSH1T for $50.

And the same goes for the OTHER LYING SOn of a B1TcH. $50 rim and complaining, even though I TOLD HIM SPECIFICALLY the condition of the RIM AND HE EVEN APPROVED AFTER SEEING PICTURES!!
Old 12-01-2004, 11:54 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by vectorz
ALL Of this NONSENSE over a $50 RIM! FIFTY FRIGGIN DOLLARS, trust me it's not even worth my time. Now you've pissed me off to all extent, I'm now HAPPY that you're upset. You deserve it.
That is the wrong attitude.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:01 AM
vectorz
Melting Slicks

No , the wrong attitude, would be to buy something that you KNEW was a damaged rim when they told you and you saw the pics, you bought it anyways, yet you're defaming them for selling it to you. And what's all this bullsh1t about getting my return address from these random unknown people who have no clue what the story even is? Wtf is this threatening about? If anyone ever even threatened to ever grace their presence on my residence over something so stupid, I couldn't even explain the misery the rest of your life would be in.

Last edited by vectorz; 12-02-2004 at 12:06 AM.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:29 AM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vectorz
Here's further dialogue proof of both of these cheapskating lying sons of b1tches.

My dialogue w/ Redheartbeat.

ME: "Greg, I just realized that I accidentally sent you the wrong 17" rim!
I resent the correct 18" rim this morning. You should get the 17" one tomorrow and the 18" by Monday."

REDHEARTBEAT:

"I'll look at it when it arrives and let you know what I want
to do. "

^^^ PROOF that I sent out the corrected one BEFORE he even received the WRONG ONE!! Why would I do this if I were trying to rip him ofF?!

REDHEARTBEAT's EMAIL AFTER HER RECEIVED THE CORRECT RIM:

"I've received the 18" rim and it is as you've described. Thank you"

^^^ SO WHAT THE F^CK IS HE COMPLAINING ABOUT? I even let him KEEP THE INCORRECT RIM, that son of a b1tch.

AND he only paid me $50 in the first place. ALL THIS B^llSH1T for $50.

And the same goes for the OTHER LYING SOn of a B1TcH. $50 rim and complaining, even though I TOLD HIM SPECIFICALLY the condition of the RIM AND HE EVEN APPROVED AFTER SEEING PICTURES!!
Oh yeah, that explains it.

Get notified of new replies

To Fraud alert- Do not buy from "vectorz"

Old 12-02-2004, 12:29 AM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Aquaman
That is the wrong attitude.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:48 AM
RedHeartbeat
Instructor

I was not complaining. Go back and reread what I posted. I said it was all taken care of and all was good. I just related to what was originally stated.

I guess I deserve a response now that you've attempted to defame me.

I did not appreciate the email you sent me. I may have gotten two wheels, one junk and one decent, for $75, $50 for the wheel and $25 for shipping, but the junk one did me no good and the second one is what I expected. Don't think your sending the first junk wheel to me was doing me a favor. I offered to send it back to you twice.

Received from VECTORZ when he was notified that the first 18" wheel he sent was not as stated or pictured....

"I imagine you were expecting a PERFECT rim for the price? I'm
not sorry that you're upset about your purchase at this point,
I've done way more than I had to resolve this, and I wish I
didn't sell it to you in the first place, I made PERFECTLY clear
(all quoted in the emails below) the conditions of the rim. I
think you were chasing for a perfect rim for $50, OR you're just
complaining at this point in attempt to get away with it all for
free."

If you treat everybody this way, I am sure nobody will miss buying your used items.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:51 AM
n2spd
Racer

I wouldn't buy a damaged rim for a dollar much less fifty dollars. jmho

Quick Reply: Fraud alert- Do not buy from "vectorz"