Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Message for Luke at Tire Rack

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 03:10 PM
rjkc5y2k
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Luke,

Just want to say THANK YOU for getting my set of Kumho's to me on such short notice.

E-mailed Luke Friday late afternoon asking if a set of Kumho's (275x40x17 and 315x35x17) could be heat cycled and arrive at my home the following Thursday. Luke called me at home Friday and I ordered the tires. They arrived on Wednesday.

Mounted the tires on the Grand Sport wheels and went autocrossing Saturday with Norther New Jersey SCCA at Englishtown. What a great improvement over the stock sized B.F. Goodrich R1A. The Goodrich were a big improvement over the stock Goodyears, but going to the Kumho's was a larger improvement. My wife also drives and she noticed the difference after the first two corners.

If anyone has any recommendations the tires pressures I ran the first time were 36 psi front and 33 psi rear. This Saturday is Corvette day at Englishtown. NNJR will be running the autocross. Will try increasing the front pressure by 2 psi and keep the rears the same. These tires have so much more feel than the Goodrich. When we improve will graduate to Hoosiers.

Again thank you Luke for being so accomodating.

Bob Kingston

Old 07-25-2001, 07:35 PM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

glad to help!

Quick Reply: Message for Luke at Tire Rack