Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Tire choices

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 06:35 PM
elric
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Tire choices

I just bought some C6 Style Corvette Motorsport Wheel with Machine Faced in stock Z06 sizes (17x9.5, 18x10.5) for my C5 and I'm looking for good tires to match with them.

Doing some searches on the forum and playing with Tirerack and DiscountTire and cannot come up with a final decision on the front/rears.

Are the 305-35-18 Nitto R2 one of the best for the rears (in regards to stickyness). I believe they are 100AA which is really low, but that is expected for the stickyness I assume. Anyone know approx miles for these guys with normal driving (no drag or track use). I have 515WHP atm, so I'd like something that will grab decently.

What fronts are people running with these? From what I could tell, they did not make an R2 in a size near 265-40-17 but they made the R1 in 275/40/17. IS that a good combo with the R2 rears? Any issue with the size differences on the fronts or rears or are they considered close enough? Need to recalibrate speedo or anything?

I have lowered the car on stock bolts, any clearance issues with upgraded to the 305/35 and 275/40 ?

If anyone else has a better selection of tires and sizes, please let me know (preferably available from Tirerack or Discount Tire)

Sorry for all the questions
Old 10-22-2005, 11:54 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had good success with the Nitto 555 RII DR's. They are a very good street / strip compromise.

Mark

Quick Reply: Help with Tire choices