Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can somebody explain what pro-rated warranty means to my tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 12:32 PM
TeamTruett
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Can somebody explain what pro-rated warranty means to my tires?

The tires on my daily driver need replacement at 42K. The warranty is
60K "pro rated". When I bought the tires I was determined to get the most milage out of them. I bought lifetime alignment and tire rotation w/ balancing. I logged every alignment and rotation and keeped a tire air gauge in the gas door to keep up on pressure. Today my car didnt pass inpection because the rears were 4/32 and the fronts were 3/32. The tech guy said the wear was very even on all four citing the alignments and rotation. But at 42k Im disappointed. The warranty is 60k "pro rated" to 2/32. What does that mean? I'm thinking not a whole lot to me.

Last edited by TeamTruett; 01-18-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:44 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by TeamTruett
The tires on my daily driver need replacement at 42K. The warranty is
60K "pro rated". When I bought the tires I was determined to get the most milage out of them. I bought lifetime alignment and tire rotation w/ balancing. I logged every alignment and rotation and keeped a tire air gauge in the gas door to keep up on pressure. Today my car didnt pass inpection because the rears were 4/32 and the fronts were 3/32. The tech guy said the wear was very even on all four citing the alignments and rotation. But at 42k Im disappointed. The warranty is 60k "pro rated" to 2/32. What does that mean? I'm thinking not a whole lot to me.
Basically you saved 1/3 the price since you got 42 vs 60 thousnad miles.

The word pro-rate is used in a lot of contracta and used to measure the percentage you should get.

If a new tire was $90 bucks you should pay a little over $60 for the replacement.

Quick Reply: Can somebody explain what pro-rated warranty means to my tires?