Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great wheel and tire shop in Central NJ

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 08:41 AM
zeefiveone
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great wheel and tire shop in Central NJ

Picked up my new 2015 Z51 last week and between the dealership and home I ended up with bolt (washer and all) stuck in the tread of rear tire.

I stressed out about finding a shop that would do the repair the right way and not damage the wheel in the process.

I stopped at a local shop that is rated very highly but they didn't make me feel at all comfortable. After multiple calls to other shops I finally connected with Platt's Performance Plus in Jamesburg. A couple minutes on the phone with Ed, the owner, and I knew I found the spot. In addition to convincing me they knew how to handle the situation properly, he's a car guy and Corvette lover.

I made an appointment for yesterday morning and showed up by 8:00 am. Gerard, at the front desk, is super friendly and we chatted about cars as I was waiting. Tony, the technician, took care of my car as if it was his own - pulled it in super slowly to avoid scraping, hand-wrenched, etc. The wheel was repaired and replaced with absolutely no signs it was worked on...exactly what I hoped for.

In the short amount of time I was there, it was clear that they had a loyal following of customers. They just gained another and I'd recommend them to anyone on the forum.

(and they're Tire Rack approved).

Quick Reply: Great wheel and tire shop in Central NJ