Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Z06 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 12:19 AM
GS13
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Z06 wheels

Good morning,

I recently purchased replica C6 Z06 split spoke wheels from Westcoast corvette and got them installed on new F1 Goodyear tires. Then I started to feel vibration from the steering wheels and the slightly from under the seat. First I thought it was because the balancing and I took it back to discount tire to do the balancing but still I was feeling the vibration. So I decided to take it to the dealer to do the tire balance. however, it didn't work for me, so I called west coast corvette to tell them about the problem and they kept transferring me to different representatives.lastly, the man told me it is not from the wheels and discount tire is junk and I thought it might be from the tire. Discount tire got me new michelin super sport and put them on the wheels and I had 300$ back. unfortunately the vibration is still there and when I contacted west coast corvette they said that the problem is not from the wheels and they can't do anything.

In my opinion, west coast corvette sells bad quality wheels and they don't respect the customer.

what do you think I should do.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:18 AM
anniv88
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS13
Good morning,

I recently purchased replica C6 Z06 split spoke wheels from Westcoast corvette and got them installed on new F1 Goodyear tires. Then I started to feel vibration from the steering wheels and the slightly from under the seat. First I thought it was because the balancing and I took it back to discount tire to do the balancing but still I was feeling the vibration. So I decided to take it to the dealer to do the tire balance. however, it didn't work for me, so I called west coast corvette to tell them about the problem and they kept transferring me to different representatives.lastly, the man told me it is not from the wheels and discount tire is junk and I thought it might be from the tire. Discount tire got me new michelin super sport and put them on the wheels and I had 300$ back. unfortunately the vibration is still there and when I contacted west coast corvette they said that the problem is not from the wheels and they can't do anything.

In my opinion, west coast corvette sells bad quality wheels and they don't respect the customer.

what do you think I should do.
Find someone with a road force balancer. That machine will tell you
if it is the tires or wheels.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:12 PM
Yellow95vert
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anniv88
Find someone with a road force balancer. That machine will tell you
if it is the tires or wheels.
You can also find a shop that is able to balance the wheels on the car. Just be aware that if you do you I'll not be able to remove the wheel from the car. Hope this helps

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06 wheels

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 wheels