Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some advise on tire selection please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 05:37 PM
SidVicious
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some advise on tire selection please!

I am completely new to this forum. I just purchased my second Corvette AZ 06 six with the 07 seven upgrade and I need help/ suggestions with tire selection. I was running the Nitto NT01 on my previous stingray and I would like some feedback on the best possible tires for my new car. The factory tires that came on my last Corvette and now on my new one are extremely dangerous for my driving style. I would like to find essentially a full blown road race tire with the best traction available with one minor request. I'm looking for the best tire with the stickiest compound for dry racing that I don't have to change every weekend. I plan on driving this car as much as possible for Basic in town and road trips that can handle the torque of Z06. The initial cost of the tire is of no concern my safety is far more important yet ideally would like a set of tires that get there around 8000 miles before needing to be replaced. I do not care if their DOT approved or not any advice or help from you guys would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to go through tire after tire to find the ideal set up.

Thank you very much for reading my post and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh please note on not looking for point-and-shoot Application tires rather the best combination for dry condition road course races.

Quick Reply: I need some advise on tire selection please!