Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks for the tire compressor tip-saved the day!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 07:41 PM
TamiamiThomas
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks for the tire compressor tip-saved the day!

Took my new GS on a road trip up to MN to see an old HS friend and the girlfriend wanted to see the Mall of America. Anyway, going through Kentucky when the right rear low tire press indicator came on. We stopped at a truck stop and I found a deck screw in the middle of the tread. Since I had read this forum before I had ordered a 12v compressor and kept it in the storage well in the trunk. l left he screw in and I pumped it up, drove a while, pumped it up again and then made it to a discount tire where they fixed it right (internal patch with plug).

I would recommend everyone get one. Without the compressor we would have been sidelined for quite a while.
The following users liked this post:
REKCUF (08-18-2017)
Old 08-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Ward Cleaver
Southern Piedmont Area
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

There are run-flat tires on your car.

How do you figure you would have been "sidelined for quite a while" if you wouldn't have had an air compressor with you?

Regards,
-Ward
Old 08-19-2017, 07:27 PM
TamiamiThomas
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward Cleaver
There are run-flat tires on your car.

How do you figure you would have been "sidelined for quite a while" if you wouldn't have had an air compressor with you?

Regards,
-Ward
Well, I read on this here forum that if you go ~50miles on the run flats you destroy them (they will get you to safety, but then you have to buy new ones). The tire place was about 75 miles away so I figured I would have to wait for a tow if I didn't want to destroy the run flat.

Are you saying that is inaccurate?

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks for the tire compressor tip-saved the day!

Quick Reply: Thanks for the tire compressor tip-saved the day!