C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no fobs detected

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 02:11 AM
anthonycarlj
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no fobs detected

recently i all of a sudden started getting the no FOBS detected in my 2005 c6. my neither one of my FOBs will open or lock the car, pop the trunk, or be recognized to start the car if the FOB is just sitting in the car. my car has a good battery and both FOB batteries have been replaced properly. i have opened both of them and made sure that the batteries are in their properly. if i put either FOB into the slot that's in the glove box my car will start. i believe that the anti theft/FOB reader has gone out. i dont want to try the process of re-programming the FOBs because the total memory of the FOBs may be erased and then i will have a corvette that can't be driven. the anti theft/FOB reader has been discontinued. Can someone please give me some insight/feedback/advice?
The following users liked this post:
Nlsking (05-19-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 05:15 AM
Nlsking
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My corvette had the same issue and turned out to be just a bad circut board on my fob. I ordered two new ones on Amazon and I programmed them I haven't had a problem since. Don't quote me but I want to say if your relearn process doesn't go through then it will not delete the fobs you have already programmed. I messed up part way on my first attempt and my old fob was still able to operate the car
Old 05-19-2024, 06:55 AM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,731 Posts

From a TSB…sounds like a possible bad RCDLR…do you hear only 1 “click” when trying to start the car ??

Old 05-19-2024, 05:53 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Originally Posted by Nlsking
My corvette had the same issue and turned out to be just a bad circut board on my fob. I ordered two new ones on Amazon and I programmed them I haven't had a problem since. Don't quote me but I want to say if your relearn process doesn't go through then it will not delete the fobs you have already programmed. I messed up part way on my first attempt and my old fob was still able to operate the car
If you are trying to add a fob using the short procedure, then known fobs don’t get erased. If the short procedure fails to complete, you should be OK. Not so with the long procedure. If the long procedure fails after the point that the fobs are erased, you better hope that if you restart the procedure that it does complete.
Old 05-23-2024, 02:53 PM
anthonycarlj
4th Gear

something that you said is very important and that is that if the relearn process does not go all the way through then the car will still recognize old fobs to start the car. thanks!
Old 05-23-2024, 02:55 PM
anthonycarlj
4th Gear

thanks!
Old 05-25-2024, 10:17 AM
MacB
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

As has been previously reported: Make sure your cel phone is nowhere near the center of the dash. I have a Proclip cel phone holder located near the center of the dash adjacent to the heating and cooling vents. If my cel phone is in the holder, I get a no fobs detected every time. All I have to do is move the phone to the left side of the driver's seat and the fobs work fine.
Old 05-26-2024, 08:24 AM
RodRamos
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had fob issues when the battery in the fob needed replacing.
Also, putting the fob & my cell phone in the same pocket almost always guarantees problems.

Get notified of new replies

To no fobs detected

Quick Reply: no fobs detected