Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Lou - C6Z in GT2 for 2007 ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 11:10 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Hey Lou - C6Z in GT2 for 2007 ???

I am hearing some rumors on european forums that you are building one maybe two C6Zs to run in the ALMS GT2 class in 2007?

Yes I know rumors are like A holes. care to elaborate??

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86275
Old 10-22-2006, 11:44 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

after being bent over by SCCA why not?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:54 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

We we see.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:10 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Go For It Lou!

Old 10-22-2006, 05:35 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

looks like they tried to screw Lou again but changed their mind.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:37 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been wanting to see that all along. I'd love to see a customer program like what Porsche runs for their sports cars. I somehow don't think it will happen given GM's current financial issues. They're lucky that they are still in GT1.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:47 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

that would be awesome. I think the GT2 rules are a little harsh on V8's, but Panoz has managed to win a few races.

I'm available if they need drivers......
Old 10-22-2006, 10:52 PM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

Some spoiling of the Laguna Seca Race to follow!

Well I was at the track all weekend, I only heard about the ALMS GT2 thing once and it was Lou saying. So here I am to continue to spread the rumor...I might event get in trouble from Lou for saying it...OHHH JOY!!

Frankly, they were gunnin for Lou right after the first Yellow, coming over to the pit and saying he jump'd the green flag. They were going to Black Flag him, but Louis argued it away. The video made it very clear it was BS!! It was very clear that McCann was already moving before Lou took off AND McCAnn didn't jump it!!!

SCCA sucks and I discovered this first hand this weeking, I was standing right next to the Porsche Driver Imery and Auschenbach when they told me they they had to add weight if they run different brake rotors. Well they had been running 15" rotors for several races and to boot they didn't add the weight. They wrote a check for $1000 and got to race with zero punishment in points - so it's $1000 to buy a driver and manufacturer championship!

I was fully disappointed by the SCCA racing rules weekend, Randy Pobst deserved the win as their car's had the proper brake rotors from the beginning. Auschenbach and Imery had been running illegal setup's for sometime as I understand it...more over Auschenbach is quoted as saying "I’m very happy to be the Champion this year. It didn’t quite come the way I’d like it in the end, but we’ll take it." In the end I was cheering for Randy as he bang'd into Imery's car around the final turn on the last lap only to beat him in the drag race to the WIN!!

Here are the 2nd place DRIVERS POINTS winners prior to the race start...
Old 10-23-2006, 12:31 AM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
I am hearing some rumors on european forums that you are building one maybe two C6Zs to run in the ALMS GT2 class in 2007?

Yes I know rumors are like A holes. care to elaborate??

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86275
I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with LG Friday morning after the 1st SWC practice session. He indeed said he was considering running a C6Z06 in ALMS GT2 next season. I said I thought that he didn't like endurance racing. He responded "I don't, but I don't like running SWC even more".
Old 10-23-2006, 06:32 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

All the Vettes should pack up and leave and try to get some consessions at AMLS to be competitive. Watching the race on the computer and seeing the SCCA reverse their decision I figured they tried to SCREW Lou's Team again. I hope they all bail on that crap organization.

Last edited by John Shiels; 10-23-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:57 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jkonkle
S They wrote a check for $1000 and got to race with zero punishment in points - so it's $1000 to buy a driver and manufacturer championship!
HECK YAH. When I was coaching cycling on the Olympics and International Levels I always carried a huge roll of C notes in my pocket.

Have to pay fines ( Or in reallality pay off ) officials left and right.
That is the part of compeition, and why I gave that up.

Pure
Old 10-23-2006, 12:26 PM
rcolling
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
after being bent over by SCCA why not?
I would love to see that but its not like the ALMS has been showing any love for the Vettes either.

Competition in GT2 is really tough. The Ferraris are very fast and the new Porsche will be out next year. Could be some great racing.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

I definately support Lou and anything he decides to do, but:

NOT sure I want to see a C6 (mini-R) and C6R in different classes in the same series. It might not feel right.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:09 PM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

GT1 in AMLS is dead. The astons are going to pull out and that will just leave the vettes. What are they going to do, race each other??
Old 10-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Originally Posted by robertpel9
GT1 in AMLS is dead. The astons are going to pull out and that will just leave the vettes. What are they going to do, race each other??
AM was not supposed to be in the states for the entire 2006 season. They may not be back, but have some new sponsors. So who knows.

Also speculaion that Corvette Racing will jump to Europe for the FIA, and abandon ALMS.

Only a few people really know, and I imagine it has to do with the 2007 ALMS rules.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Originally Posted by Rob Willis
I definately support Lou and anything he decides to do, but:

NOT sure I want to see a C6 (mini-R) and C6R in different classes in the same series. It might not feel right.

You may just see Lou in the C6 in GT2, and nobody in GT1.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Also speculaion that Corvette Racing will jump to Europe for the FIA, and abandon ALMS.
Just my luck, I get into this while I'm in Europe and the Vettes are racing in the states. I move back to the states and think I might actually get to see them race live and they move to Europe (I missed Le Mans 3 years in a row. don't ask. it's my only regret after living here)

Get notified of new replies

To Hey Lou - C6Z in GT2 for 2007 ???

Old 10-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

I've got tentative plans for LeMans in 08
Old 10-23-2006, 09:08 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Well from the horses mouth boarding a plane in LA just minutes ago. I heard the P cars were running the brakes from Long Beach seven races ago. The brakes are legal because Porsche had a brake shortage no one knew about I guess. Porsche sends a letter to SCCA after the protest saying they are stock. They just forgot to send the letter to make it legal. So for all those races they were light with illegal brakes that suddenly became legit Worst than WWF because this is supposed to be for real. They paid the fine and all was well, at least in Porsche Land. Not so good in Viper, Corvette, Caddy, or any other land not under the Porsche flag. Lot's of PO'ed people!

SCCA should have to state it is entertainment not real racing at the beginning of every race!

When I raced boats we protested some illegal motors on a boat guess what Mercury Marine had a letter stating they were production motors in minutes. What a crock for a team to put all the work and money in this SCCA crap to get hosed.

Well even to come in second as LGM and his crew did is really better than first being a privateer against many factory teams. Great work from the entire crew. Louis got a crew chief award also Guess you will hear more shortly hope I didn't screw anything up in the translation.

Last edited by John Shiels; 10-23-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:24 PM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Well from the horses mouth boarding a plane in LA just minutes ago. I heard the P cars were running the brakes from Long Beach seven races ago. The brakes are legal because Porsche had a brake shortage no one knew about I guess. Porsche sends a letter to SCCA after the protest saying they are stock. They just forgot to send the letter to make it legal. So for all those races they were light with illegal brakes that suddenly became legit Worst than WWF because this is supposed to be for real. They paid the fine and all was well, at least in Porsche Land. Not so good in Viper, Corvette, Caddy, or any other land not under the Porsche flag. Lot's of PO'ed people!

SCCA should have to state it is entertainment not real racing at the beginning of every race!

When I raced boats we protested some illegal motors on a boat guess what Mercury Marine had a letter stating they were production motors in minutes. What a crock for a team to put all the work and money in this SCCA crap to get hosed.
Important note about the P-Cars, it was only AXA Financials team - the other p-car's had the correct rotors as I took pictures of both cars. There was no shortage, maybe a part number change - but the major point is that only AXA had the incorrect LARGER DIAMETER rotors!!
Spoiler

The worst part was both rookie's knew about it. Like I said, my first race to spectate and it was a real shame. I have huge amount's of respect for Lou, Claudio and Tommy as well as the crew - Anthony, Louis aka Lou2, Louis, Dan, John, Matt and Jeff - they all worked very very hard all weekend.

Between the black flag crap and the porsche giveaway - it was a huge crock!! Gigliotti and Pilgrim deserve the championship, not Lame-Lawson Aschenbach (heheh)

JK

Quick Reply: Hey Lou - C6Z in GT2 for 2007 ???