Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Lou - C6Z in GT2 for 2007 ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 09:38 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonkle
Important note about the P-Cars, it was only AXA Financials team - the other p-car's had the correct rotors as I took pictures of both cars. There was no shortage, maybe a part number change - but the major point is that only AXA had the incorrect LARGER DIAMETER rotors!!
Spoiler

The worst part was both rookie's knew about it. Like I said, my first race to spectate and it was a real shame. I have huge amount's of respect for Lou, Claudio and Tommy as well as the crew - Anthony, Louis aka Lou2, Louis, Dan, John, Matt and Jeff - they all worked very very hard all weekend.

Between the black flag crap and the porsche giveaway - it was a huge crock!! Gigliotti and Pilgrim deserve the championship, not Lame-Lawson Aschenbach (heheh)

JK

That makes it even worse in my eyes Still a showroom winner for Porsche in any case. Thanks for the correction.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:40 PM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Shiels
That makes it even worse in my eyes Still a showroom winner for Porsche in any case. Thanks for the correction.
Yah, well my major dilemma this time is the I was there and in the middle of it and I may get **** from Lou about making a big stink here and letting the details out....but man, Speed World Challenge is a JOKE!

JK
Old 10-23-2006, 09:44 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jkonkle
Yah, well my major dilemma this time is the I was there and in the middle of it and I may get **** from Lou about making a big stink here and letting the details out....but man, Speed World Challenge is a JOKE!

JK

A joke, please don't give them that much credit LG won't care

15" doesn't seem like an easy thing to hide, must be like a pizza pie plate. Wonder how thick they are 1"?

Last edited by John Shiels; 10-23-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Tom03Z06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have huge amount's of respect for Lou, Claudio and Tommy as well as the crew - Anthony, Louis aka Lou2, Louis, Dan, John, Matt and Jeff - they all worked very very hard all weekend.

JK
Those guys busted *** this weekend,

Pleasure meeting you this weekend Josh.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:06 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jeffvette
You may just see Lou in the C6 in GT2, and nobody in GT1.

Besides losing $2 billion in its North American unit, the Premier Auto Group -- Jaguar, Volvo, Land Rover and Aston Martin -- lost a record $593 million in the quarter.

Goodbye Aston
Old 10-24-2006, 01:12 PM
z060ntrack
Drifting

In hindsight lets jump back in time and look at SWC with a G.M. factory supported Corvette effort and supported privateer teams. What would the series have looked like over the last three years in that scenario? I think we would have all been pleased. Porsche should have always been the goal (or standard) to beat bar none, but G.M. doesn't have the stomach or staying power for that.

Unless somehere has heard otherwise I would speculate that Cadillac won't be back next year because someone messed up their perceived sandbox. they (G.M.) don't have the staying power within the relative budget to go out and win at all costs.I for one would be hard pressed to see how racing improved the breed or increased sales at Cadillac for the duration of the program.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:22 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Hi Guys,

Well there is some truth in this but not 100%.

First, the GT2 rumor is somewhat accurate. We had a 3 hour talk with the ALMS officials and we are looking into the homolagation hurdles for the Corvette to run in the GT2 class. It will have to be approved from scratch.

That alone will not prevent us from doing this. We had a talk with the GM road racing mgr and he confirmed that they would give us a non financial hand in the process of Homolagting the car.

We have a customer who wants us to build him a GT2 car so we will build one. And while in the process, we will probably build a second one. The transmission necessary in the GT2 class is a $50,000 part alone, plus spare gears and parts for about an $90k investment in the Gearbox alone. So an ALMS car in any class is not going to be cheap.

I like that we will be able to run the 7 liter engine also, and right now the rules are stable. We also have no dilusions that might lead us to a conclusion that the series will be easy. On the other hand, we will be glad to accept the challenge and get back to racing the old fashioned way.

As for the protest of the 997 Porsche brakes? It was well founded and the brakes were deemed to be in "Non Compliance". Then the SCCA tech dept accepted a letter from the Mfg AFTER the protest was made, and agreed to allow them to run, and called it a "paperwork error" rather than just cheating.

The rules in the VTS spelled out the specific part numbers and they were not being used on the cars in question. It was very clear that they were not using the correct part numbers for 7 races, but the choice that the SCCA tech dept had was to either DQ them and make them start last with the correct part numbers installed and possibly loss of some points. OR, they did what they did and that was to accept a letter stateing that there was a shortage of parts in April and they should have told SCCA back then but "forgot".

This Porsche team didn't forget to take the 50 pound weight break for running "Stock" part numbers even though they were not running the stock part numbers. Hmmmmm?

The fact that there were 30 Porsche 997s in the paddock racing in the GT3 cup series with the proper part numbers had no effect on their decision to just fine them $1000 with no other penalty.

So I appealed the decision and they conveined an appeal board. They heard my arguments and almost went my way but they had the entire tech dept closing ranks in a sort of "Band of Brothers" with the offending team against my appeal.

The obvious fact is that the officials closed ranks in defense of the rule breaker rather than in defense of the rule book. They took sides, rather than being impartial.

So be it. Again, these are facts, not criticism of anyone. The facts are what they are, I can not change them, I can just disagree with their choice.

So at the award banquet, I took the high road and announced that we were and are proud of our accomplishment and that we did it with "Honor, Integrity, and honesty".

Integrity is doing the right thing when NO ONE IS Watching. I am not sure what it is called when you do the wrong thing when EVERYONE is watching.

Life is full of ups and downs. We feel very "UP" about this season.

The Cadillac team came to us and said "Lou and Andy tied for the championship, not second place. And the tie breaker went to LG for our 2 wins to his one win."

I agree.

Thanks

Lou G

PS, Our 2007 plans are in flux as we speak, so stay tuned.

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 10-24-2006, 03:42 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports

The Cadillac team came to us and said "Lou and Andy tied for the championship, not second place. And the tie breaker went to LG for our 2 wins to his one win."

I agree.

Thanks

Lou G

Great season. Lots of fun watching the races

Congrats on a season well run.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL

...100%
Old 10-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

So at the award banquet, I took the high road and announced that we were and are proud of our accomplishment and that we did it with "Honor, Integrity, and honesty".

Integrity is doing the right thing when NO ONE IS Watching. I am not sure what it is called when you do the wrong thing when EVERYONE is watching.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:13 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

FIX
Old 10-24-2006, 11:42 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL

Old 10-25-2006, 01:10 AM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

I agree.

Thanks

Lou G

Well regardless of where you all go, I'm still a staunch supporter - regardless if you like it

Also, great comments - those comments represent the Lou Gigliotti I've known for the last year. Top notch - makes me want to buy something new for my car!

Damn Lou, why won't they let you do a Gigliotti Corvette, sort of like Saleen with Ford!!

JK
Old 10-25-2006, 04:05 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Thanks guys,

It was the most disgusting display of rule enforcement that I have seen in 35 years of racing. And the word "Parity" didn't exist.

Other than that, we had a great season.

Thanks

LG
Old 10-25-2006, 05:14 PM
MattB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Congrats on the season
Old 10-26-2006, 02:36 PM
KB Aero Biscuit
Racer

Hey Lou,
anything you like about that Caddy wing? You seem to be fascinated by it!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:19 PM
VanSpeed
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Lou,

Congrats on a good season for you and your team. The SCCA Pro racing management of the World Challenge was terrible this year, well not just this year. I, like many others, sent emails to the management and SCCA board-but that didn't seem to help any. Anyway thanks for sharing with the forum.

The GT2 thing sounds interesting. I hope ALMS/IMSA do not continue to try and play with the performance of the cars like they did this season with the Corvettes and Astons in GT1. If that trend continues ALMS GT2 racing could end up a lot like World Challenge Racing.

I just had a thought, you go GT2 racing in ALMS, next thing you and your team will be racing at LeMans . I know that’s a stretch.

Anyway hope that you continue to race Corvettes, its fun to watch you race and interesting to read your comments on the races.

Brian

Get notified of new replies

To Hey Lou - C6Z in GT2 for 2007 ???

Old 10-26-2006, 03:38 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Guys,

Well there is some truth in this but not 100%.

First, the GT2 rumor is somewhat accurate. We had a 3 hour talk with the ALMS officials and we are looking into the homolagation hurdles for the Corvette to run in the GT2 class. It will have to be approved from scratch.

That alone will not prevent us from doing this. We had a talk with the GM road racing mgr and he confirmed that they would give us a non financial hand in the process of Homolagting the car.

We have a customer who wants us to build him a GT2 car so we will build one. And while in the process, we will probably build a second one. The transmission necessary in the GT2 class is a $50,000 part alone, plus spare gears and parts for about an $90k investment in the Gearbox alone. So an ALMS car in any class is not going to be cheap.

I like that we will be able to run the 7 liter engine also, and right now the rules are stable. We also have no dilusions that might lead us to a conclusion that the series will be easy. On the other hand, we will be glad to accept the challenge and get back to racing the old fashioned way.

As for the protest of the 997 Porsche brakes? It was well founded and the brakes were deemed to be in "Non Compliance". Then the SCCA tech dept accepted a letter from the Mfg AFTER the protest was made, and agreed to allow them to run, and called it a "paperwork error" rather than just cheating.

The rules in the VTS spelled out the specific part numbers and they were not being used on the cars in question. It was very clear that they were not using the correct part numbers for 7 races, but the choice that the SCCA tech dept had was to either DQ them and make them start last with the correct part numbers installed and possibly loss of some points. OR, they did what they did and that was to accept a letter stateing that there was a shortage of parts in April and they should have told SCCA back then but "forgot".

This Porsche team didn't forget to take the 50 pound weight break for running "Stock" part numbers even though they were not running the stock part numbers. Hmmmmm?

The fact that there were 30 Porsche 997s in the paddock racing in the GT3 cup series with the proper part numbers had no effect on their decision to just fine them $1000 with no other penalty.

So I appealed the decision and they conveined an appeal board. They heard my arguments and almost went my way but they had the entire tech dept closing ranks in a sort of "Band of Brothers" with the offending team against my appeal.

The obvious fact is that the officials closed ranks in defense of the rule breaker rather than in defense of the rule book. They took sides, rather than being impartial.

So be it. Again, these are facts, not criticism of anyone. The facts are what they are, I can not change them, I can just disagree with their choice.

I agree.

Thanks

Lou G

Lou, you are the CHAMP and that is the end of discussion. It sucks not to get the formal recognition, but your peers and the fans (ones that count) know the truth. I say cheers to a great season against increadible odds. With your talent and capability of running a proffesional team, I think you are ready for ALMS. I am sure the $$$$ is a big factor, but if you can get over that hurtle...go for it! If ANYONE can do it, it is you!

I for one would LOVE to see you at the 12 hours of Sebring this year. If you are allowed to run the 7 liter, and can make the car reliable enough, you have a REAL shot at winning. You would definately be putting down more power than the Porsche or Ferrari, which should be HUGE...

I see a 24 Hours of LeMans in your future!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:59 PM
XPC5R
Drifting

I agree.
Well said, and well done this year. Next year should be exciting!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:43 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

That's rediculous! Why don't they make them run a factory trans in GT2???

How about GrandAm? A win at the 24hr of Daytona would be sweet!

EDIT ( rediculous not dediculous )

Last edited by BrianCunningham; 10-27-2006 at 03:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Hey Lou - C6Z in GT2 for 2007 ???