Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference between PFadt JOC and Threat Level 1?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 02:50 PM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Difference between PFadt JOC and Threat Level 1?

So I saw the JOC suspension and I'm definitely considering it, I know it comes with the tuned shocks and sways/hardware/endlinks.
Looks like the Threat level 1 is the same thing basically, just wondering if that one is more stiff/track oriented?

Also (and honestly this is the most important question to me)... What springs are recommended to use with this for a C5? I have a 99 FRC which is a Z51 car but I was wondering if Z06 springs would be a good idea with either setup or what else for springs should be considered (if anything)?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:28 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Real simple for you:

What is a "threat Level I?"

kidding. Keep suspension simple. They have made a very good alternative to the OEM systems.

Or use the C5 Z06 Springs, shocks and sways. Full track would be the GM T1 suspension set up.

Bolt on, get an alignment and go to the track

Last edited by AU N EGL; 09-11-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Biggest difference between the two packages is the level of adjustability between the two.

The Threat Level 1 offers both adjustable dampers and front and rear bars. The overall rates between the sway bar packages can be seen here:

The front bar on the Johnny O'Connell package is not adjustable, but is pretty aggressive for better turn in. Overall the sway bar rates of the JO package and the Heavy Duty - Light Rate bars are similar, but the extra front adjustability of the front bar may prove useful for cars that see a good amount of track time.

Same thing goes for the shocks. The Inverted sport shocks included in the Threat Level 1 can be adjusted all the way from softer to stiffer than the JO shocks, which will be useful for cars seeing a good amount of track time with race tires.

If you have any questions about your setup let us know! We have the right parts to bring out the best in your Corvette, whether on the street or track!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:58 PM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Sounds good. Since the car will see limited track time I'll probably got with the JOC stuff.
Any info on springs? the Z51 factory springs are in the car now?
Should I consider changing them to work better with the JOC shocks/sways or is it fine?
Thanks
Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

With the limited amount of time that the car will spend on track the amount of energy required to swap out springs may not be worth it. I would start with the JO kit and see what you think of the car afterwards. We have a lot of customers who run the JO kit on Z51 cars and love the difference it makes, and how easy the car becomes to drive afterwards.

Just so you know, we have a group buy going on for the JO package right now. It ends Friday, so if your in the market for the JO kit now is the time to get one! You can find more information: HERE
Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 PM
rgalindo09
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a C5 and its everyday driven car. The question is what are the pros and cons of installing a JOC Suspension stage 1 package.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:48 AM
V4kerker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rgalindo09
I have a C5 and its everyday driven car. The question is what are the pros and cons of installing a JOC Suspension stage 1 package.
rgalindo09 I installed the JOC Suspension stage 1 package on my 07 C6 A6 base with base oem springs still on it.
Pros:It's been the best bang for the buck install so far.
The car doesn't roll as much now and makes the car fell more planted on the track. I saved 2500-3500 dollars to use towards more HPDE time I'm not racing just leaning right now.

Cons: Can't think of any other than I had to buy some shims for the sway bar clamps to make them fit properly.
The wife complains about her ***** bouncing a little more because of the firmer suspension.

Go to the 15 minute mark of the video and I'll be in the red vette.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmHxomb1XFo
Old 07-29-2012, 09:54 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Originally Posted by V4kerker

Go to the 15 minute mark of the video and I'll be in the red vette.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmHxomb1XFo
Good Vid. Car looks good. Let the G8 go next time though...he had you up the uphill esses several times and also into T1 and on the last lap, into the snake.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

For what it's worth, just so everyone knows we no longer sell the Threat Level 1 package. We are looking into potentially redesigning the Inverted Sport Shocks to be more in line with our FeatherLight Generation Singles and are currently out of stock on the previous Inverted Sport Shocks.

The Johnny O'Connell package on the other hand is fantastic and will definitely take care of a lot of folks performance suspension needs!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 PM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by V4kerker
The wife complains about her ***** bouncing a little more because of the firmer suspension.
How is this a con? lol jk

Get notified of new replies

To Difference between PFadt JOC and Threat Level 1?

Quick Reply: Difference between PFadt JOC and Threat Level 1?