Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White with white and red interior?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 11:39 AM
c3dreamer03
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default White with white and red interior?

I would just like some thoughts on how this might pan out before I go at it. I've removed most of my molding from the inside but haven't touched it yet.

The 76 is white and has white seats, white door panels, black dash pad, and black trim pieces. The carpet was black, but is trash and is about to get replaced.

I'm toying with four ideas:
1:
Make the seats and door panels black so the car will just be white on completely black interior.

2:
Keep everything as it is, (white seats, white door panels, black dash pad, black carpet, black trim pieces)

3:
Make the interior red and white.
Red: Dash, carpet, and trim pieces
White: Door Panels and Seats

4:
Same as #3, but the only thing that would stay white is the seats. Everything else would go red.

I'm also all ears to hear what products worked best for dying seats and dash pads.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:01 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

My personal opinion is that a mixed red and white interior could look a little clownish. However, I think on a car as you describe with a white exterior, an all red interior could be gorgeous.

PS, I've heard other people have different results, but I have never seen seats dyed that look right, or stay looking right. Much better off replacing seat covers and selling the old ones.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:04 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Well, the "classic" Corvette colors are white exterior with red interior. If you want to mix/match the interior with both red and white, that's up to your personal tastes. But, personally, I'd want to see one done that way before I tried it myself.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:06 PM
c3dreamer03
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
Well, the "classic" Corvette colors are white exterior with red interior. If you want to mix/match the interior with both red and white, that's up to your personal tastes. But, personally, I'd want to see one done that way before I tried it myself.
Ya.... I was kinda hoping someone would come along and indicate another member had done x y or z and that it looked great or terrible.

I may just keep it white and black. I'm not a huge fan of the white door panels, so I may just go the route of keeping the white seats, freshening up everything that is currently black, and dying the door panels black. You may be right on the red and white being clownish. I want to say I've seen some classic 'stangs in red and white that look good, but maybe I'm just remembering something someone told me.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:26 PM
80Baby
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"Whatcha talkin' 'bout Willis?" I always thought Black on Red were the classic Corvette colors. Oh well, too late for me to turn back now...
Old 09-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Your white/black combination might be original. A two toned interior trim package was available on the 76 and 77 models.

Food for thought.

Get notified of new replies

To White with white and red interior?

Quick Reply: White with white and red interior?