C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what did you do to or with your C3 today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 11:50 AM
74Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Pulled out my old Alpine sub amp from the back wall of the vette to let my daughter use it in her bug, Then installed a new'er Infinity Dual channel to power my Infinity 8" sub.

Cranked her up and found the rear deck vents were rattling more than before with the Alpine. Pulled out 7 of the 8 screws holding them on. Had to stop on the 8th as it was not giving with my screwdriver. Will try again tonight.

Now I need to figure out a way of stopping it from rattling. Maybe some rubber grommets on each screw....not sure yet.

Ken
Old 09-05-2014, 10:28 PM
LS4 PILOT
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZZZZZ
I just went out and stered at it
Lol ...beautiful Corvette ...don't blame you.....I'm enjoying just looking at the pic.as well....

Old 09-05-2014, 11:09 PM
94hokies
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cursed whoever designed the area behind the driver side panel for a few hours trying to put it back in. The new daisy chained lights worked out great with a single connector for all of them, but getting everything back all in place is still a tedious affair. Replaced the all the background illumination bulb with blue LED ones.

Ran the wiring for the newly installed headlight door motors and shorted the wires putting the dash in against the steering column to body support bar. Turning on the left turn signal made the headlight door pop up and down with the signal. Would have been amusing if I hadn't already been curled up under the dash for 3 hours and then had to take it back off to fix the short.

Anyhow, dash is in with new LED background lighting and headlight doors are popping up and down correctly via wiring in a C4 light switch as described in the *new way* electric conversion thread floating around.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:39 PM
samdjr74
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Today I set the time on my new radio. It doesn't sound like much but over this past week I replaced all the bulbs in the dash, replaced the tach board, replaced the dash clock, replaced the radio, cleaned the interior a little bit and put on a new shift boot. It's all part of my "restoration plan" for the year. When winter hits hopefully I'll finish the interior.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:40 PM
first74
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, learning alot as I go. Started changing valve stem seals last night on my 74. Seemed to go a little to well but im pretty positive I'm doing it right. Hope to finish up tonight.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:46 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

I wiped it down last night, then this morning went to cars and coffee.

After that I came home, popped the headlights, put up the top and washed it.
Thought I might make it to an afternoon cruise-in but that didn't happen.

Last edited by PRNDL; 09-06-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

I am currently working on my interior. I'm jamming out with the tunes, and in the middle of a T-storm.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:52 PM
John485garage
Advanced

Picking up tomorrow a very nice 73 . One owner car was stored its whole life in a garage. The couple I bought if from only put 24,000 miles on it. As they said to me Sunday driver on rain or snow. All original L-48 4 speed, loaded with options.
John
Old 09-08-2014, 02:02 AM
hologenicman
Advanced

Originally Posted by John485garage
Picking up tomorrow a very nice 73 . One owner car was stored its whole life in a garage. The couple I bought if from only put 24,000 miles on it. As they said to me Sunday driver on rain or snow. All original L-48 4 speed, loaded with options.
John
Congrats on the '73!

Be careful that the tires are safe with that much time in storage...

John L>
Old 09-08-2014, 02:07 AM
hologenicman
Advanced

Put on new license plat frames.

ONE WICKED '73

THE BLUE PHANTOM
Old 09-08-2014, 02:26 AM
Brack c
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Removed my cargo shade on my 82 to replace it ...hoping to have it ready to put back in Monday evening
Old 09-08-2014, 07:36 AM
John485garage
Advanced

[QUOTE=hologenicman

Yes went through the car and the tires look real good no cracks in the rubber at all. I plan on removing them over the winter.

thanks John
Old 09-08-2014, 09:53 AM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Bought her a new set of floor mats. Grabbed a few of my rooster's molted tail feathers for an "accent". Then drove her like I stole 'er, both days this weekend.
Attached Images   
Old 09-09-2014, 02:46 PM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by harmonyp
Bought her a new set of floor mats. Grabbed a few of my rooster's molted tail feathers for an "accent". Then drove her like I stole 'er, both days this weekend.
Love that last pic, open road and absolutely nobody around. Temptation just runs rampant, through my brain!
Old 09-09-2014, 03:38 PM
hologenicman
Advanced

New license plate frame:
Old 09-09-2014, 04:14 PM
riarms
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

trying to finish Dakota Digital Gauges
Old 09-09-2014, 07:30 PM
TileArt
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Searched for three hours for a dimmer pivot switch. I think I may have found one - in Canada.

Get notified of new replies

To what did you do to or with your C3 today?

Old 09-10-2014, 12:27 AM
hologenicman
Advanced

Put on the four new halogen conversion headlamps.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:33 AM
74Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by TileArt
Searched for three hours for a dimmer pivot switch. I think I may have found one - in Canada.
So, order it.
We order stuff from the states all the time.
We do make stuff up here you know. Look at every new Camaro made to see that.

PS. It's not like it's made in China....lol

Ken

RANT ON

PS. That comment gets me. People in the States treat us like foreigners, we treat Americans like next-door neighbors. If you look at the border, most of it does not exist. It's open fields.

I have worked for a company in TX for the last 8 years. Without me, there would not be a company anymore, all the other programmers have left the company and they cannot find one local that knows this particular language.

There are very few differences between our countries. Or currency is colorful, because we take the issue of counterfiting seriously. Our government is still based on the English one, but it is still screwed up as much as yours is. We have Walmart, Lowes and Target. We have the same restaurant chains.

Without you even knowing it, you have been watching shows and movies filmed in Canada: Stargate SG1, Fringe, Supernatural, Hannibal, Once Upon a Time, Arrow, Suits, Orphan Black, The Killing, Rookie Blue, Cracked, Continuum, Bates Motel, Falling Skies (this one started down the street from me and moved across the country in it's first season), Almost Human...

Wiki your favorite show and see where it is shot, chances are some of them are shot in Canada. All those backdrops are Canadian streets, they look like any other American street because we are the same.

RANT OFF
Old 09-10-2014, 09:40 AM
East Coast
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 74Ken
So, order it.
We order stuff from the states all the time.
We do make stuff up here you know. Look at every new Camaro made to see that.

PS. It's not like it's made in China....lol

Ken

RANT ON

PS. That comment gets me. People in the States treat us like foreigners, we treat Americans like next-door neighbors. If you look at the border, most of it does not exist. It's open fields.

I have worked for a company in TX for the last 8 years. Without me, there would not be a company anymore, all the other programmers have left the company and they cannot find one local that knows this particular language.

There are very few differences between our countries. Or currency is colorful, because we take the issue of counterfiting seriously. Our government is still based on the English one, but it is still screwed up as much as yours is. We have Walmart, Lowes and Target. We have the same restaurant chains.

Without you even knowing it, you have been watching shows and movies filmed in Canada: Stargate SG1, Fringe, Supernatural, Hannibal, Once Upon a Time, Arrow, Suits, Orphan Black, The Killing, Rookie Blue, Cracked, Continuum, Bates Motel, Falling Skies (this one started down the street from me and moved across the country in it's first season), Almost Human...

Wiki your favorite show and see where it is shot, chances are some of them are shot in Canada. All those backdrops are Canadian streets, they look like any other American street because we are the same.

RANT OFF
Agree, Just wish the shipping was cheaper

Quick Reply: what did you do to or with your C3 today?